Irish drivers jailed for tacho fraud.F

Full report in the commercial motor of offences of a hidden switch to record the truck on break when it is moving but this was nit a magnet.they were caught by evidence of booking times.

Just to add they found an interuptor switch and drivers were told by the boss they would be paid for the work they do and not paid on tacho but drivers had diaries and wrote down times that did not match up with the tacho and they have 18 months jail to ponder over if it is worth stealing time that one day will catch up with you.

I know a firm that runs bent, very bent.
If a driver wants to do it legal, then he can, and it dosn’t go against him, He just won’t earn as much as the others.
But once you cross the line and do it, it’s then expected of you. It dosn’t benefit the bent running driver in the long run, He ends up getting 6 drops and 6 collections, But the straight running driver gets an easier run, Maybe 2 drops and 1 collection.
It isn’t always just the boss being greedy, It can have a lot to do with the freight forwarder they deal with. They put more and more on the haulier and simply explain that there are plenty of others that’ll do it.
I just wish the authorities would look at the whole picture instead of the easy targets.
They should also look at the difference between a man pinching a couple of hours to get himself home, and the driver that pinches a couple of hours to get another job in.

How is anyone that retarded in this day & age, boss and drivers.

You’d be better off risk to porridge factor wise versus reward to do a bank over.

Bloody hell, eighteen months for a wire?

Reminiscent of a certain high profile north western England based haulier a few years back who was found to have a column on the driver’s daily running sheet headed “work done off the card”… doh!!

Six drivers employed by Northern Ireland haulage firm Arnold Transport have
been handed suspended prison sentences after
investigators discovered tachograph-interrupter devices fitted to the firm’s vehicles.

So none have been locked up just yet

Suspended sentences and the drivers won’t even have their license suspended. Don’t think they’ll be too worried.

Just wait for another northwest haulier and drivers fate to hit the press,more to jail i fear ,them days are over thank god.

if car car kill 2-3 pedestrian .him will be nothing.but for lorry drivers 18 month>>>…

If you have to run bent for any employer then that employer is not worth working for. In this day and age etc it really shouldn’t need to happen :unamused:

Not worth it,Boyles directors have to sell their homes to pay the fine abd if it is not paid the judge will add more years to the sentence.

toby1234abc:
Not worth it,Boyles directors have to sell their homes to pay the fine abd if it is not paid the judge will add more years to the sentence.

At least they didn’t have to sell their lorries…

truckingtopics.co.uk/boylespenalty.html

Trucks as well as family homes apparently

GasGas:
http://www.truckingtopics.co.uk/boylespenalty.html

I saw three of them this week, one trailer being pulled by a plain unit and two outfits that were definitely their own. They’ve been around a long time and are as cute as cut-the-bag, not the kind to let something as trivial as a government order get them down. If you know what I mean.

GasGas:
http://www.truckingtopics.co.uk/boylespenalty.html

I’d do the time.

A haulier was fined £300,000 and paid £150,000 court costs for tacho offences the report is in Commercial Motor.

They days are long over for me, run 100% legal out tramping all week and don’t really go over a 12 hour shift with 12 off and get well paid.
Mate of mine is on salary pay, works his maximum every day loads and tips off card puts a paper clip in his tachograph (analogue )to jam it if he needs to run when he is on daily rest!
I get paid about 5 grand a year more than him and he thinks I’m a mug cause I don’t have alloys and I can’t put loads of tat in my window.
STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

If Boyles were doing 22 hours non stop, coming off the ferries in Northern France will get you between South of Madrid and Malaga, how did they stay awake, at some point in time the caffeine has no effect, and when your body and mind needs to rest it will tell you.