Ireland

irish lorries:
[some English people can be hateful and some won’t take euros but most people in the UK are very friendly.

We wont take Japanese Yen, Thai Baht, US, Canadian or Australian Dollars either!! :confused: The currency in this country (England) is the Great British Pound… and that is all! :smiley: No Euros! No Groats, sheckels or trading beads either, just the good old ENGLISH pound!! :wink:

bullitt:

irish lorries:
[some English people can be hateful and some won’t take euros but most people in the UK are very friendly.

We wont take Japanese Yen, Thai Baht, US, Canadian or Australian Dollars either!! :confused: The currency in this country (England) is the Great British Pound… and that is all! :smiley: No Euros! No Groats, sheckels or trading beads either, just the good old ENGLISH pound!! :wink:

Most places in England take euros and you can use pounds in ireland

daleyboy:
So the English are hateful, because we won’t take Euros! You’re aware Euros aren’t legal tender in England? And you’re also aware that England isn’t the only country in The UK? Or indeed that England is the UK?

That’s not what I mean like some places like pubs don’t allow irish people in

limeyphil:
I’ve never had problems with the locals over there. They’ve always made me very welcome. I had a bit of trouble with some drivers on the ferry, they shut up when I explained that I’m neither Catholic or protestant, I’m Buddhist. I’ve encountered jobsworth forklift drivers that use their menial amount of authority against the visiting Englishman, only for him to be told that he’s being very English about the whole thing.
I now have more good mates in northern Ireland than I do at home.

That’s would be the biggest problem about northern ireland religions the best thing you can do is not say anything about it

irish lorries:

daleyboy:
So the English are hateful, because we won’t take Euros! You’re aware Euros aren’t legal tender in England? And you’re also aware that England isn’t the only country in The UK? Or indeed that England is the UK?

:confused: :confused: Don’t allow Irish people in!! When you say “people” are you referring to Irish “Travellers” by any chance?

bullitt:

irish lorries:

daleyboy:

:confused: :confused: Don’t allow Irish people in!! When you say “people” are you referring to Irish “Travellers” by any chance?

No I not I mean normal irish people

irish lorries:
…No I not I mean normal irish people

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …Im glad you said that and not me!! :laughing: :laughing:

The bleeding heart, Human rights supporting, Guardianistas will have a field day with that comment!!! :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:

irish lorries:
…No I not I mean normal irish people

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …Im glad you said that and not me!! :laughing: :laughing:

The bleeding heart, Human rights supporting, Guardianistas will have a field day with that comment!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Probably could of used better words

Let me explain what I mean when I say some English people can be hateful I shouldn’t of just said english people and I mean they can start being cheeky. This happened to me last time I was in England I was in a shop the man said he wouldn’t take that ■■■■ because I was paying with euro and before you say you can’t use euro in England I used it in every orther shop I was in.
But you get people like that every where. Most people in the UK are very friendly and helpful if you get lost or need anything they also seen to be very happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lived and worked in the uk in the 80s(at the height of it),and drove through in the 90s to 00s.NOBODY ever refused me access to any premises.Unless closed or another worthy reason.What a silly statement to make,that Irish arent allowed into certain pubs.
They`re a great race of people,generally,as are the Irish,GENERALLY.■■■■■■■■ will always taint the majority however.

Blimey, someone likes digging holes…

irish lorries:
Let me explain what I mean when I say some English people can be hateful I shouldn’t of just said english people and I mean they can start being cheeky. This happened to me last time I was in England I was in a shop the man said he wouldn’t take that [zb] because I was paying with euro and before you say you can’t use euro in England I used it in every orther shop I was in.But you get people like that every where. Most people in the UK are very friendly and helpful if you get lost or need anything they also seen to be very happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Euros are the currencies that are used in most European countries; 17 out of the 27 member states that belong to the EU. The euro is a legal tender in the UK though no one is forced to transact with it. Approval for this tender was passed in 1970 though the Decimal Currency Act

some /a lot of places cant do the currency calculations and will lose out when banking up money that’s why they wont take it …

nick2008:

irish lorries:
Let me explain what I mean when I say some English people can be hateful I shouldn’t of just said english people and I mean they can start being cheeky. This happened to me last time I was in England I was in a shop the man said he wouldn’t take that [zb] because I was paying with euro and before you say you can’t use euro in England I used it in every orther shop I was in.But you get people like that every where. Most people in the UK are very friendly and helpful if you get lost or need anything they also seen to be very happy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Euros are the currencies that are used in most European countries; 17 out of the 27 member states that belong to the EU. The euro is a legal tender in the UK though no one is forced to transact with it. Approval for this tender was passed in 1970 though the Decimal Currency Act

some /a lot of places cant do the currency calculations and will lose out when banking up money that’s why they wont take it …

You said that well and you are right that is why some people wont take euro. I don’t have this problem because I live near the border

switchlogic:
Blimey, someone likes digging holes…

True I would be better to keep my mouth shut but I have never been one to do that

irish lorries:
You said that well and you are right that is why some people wont take euro. I don’t have this problem because I live near the border

Copy and paste works wonders :wink: :wink:

nick2008:

irish lorries:

I now but your right about why some places won’t take euro

irish lorries:

nick2008:

irish lorries:

and a lot of places including banks will only exchange a min amount and wont take loose change

nick2008:

irish lorries:

nick2008:

irish lorries:

and a lot of places including banks will only exchange a min amount and wont take loose change

I get why they won’t take change sure Euro isn’t much in pound

I have never read as much tripe on a forum in my life.

I have lived in Northern Ireland for 15 years I have driven all over it and Europe and the Mainland.

I am yet to witness any of this outsider treatment.

I think there’s a certain type of Englishman that would like to believe his own myths therefor concoct a story along the lines of this.

No mate we don’t speak ENGLISH round here.

And the rocks where being thrown at the truck.

I couldn’t get down that road as there was a car on fire.

And any other nonsense that they can think of.

People really want to think before they post fairy tales.

I give my young ones into trouble for making up tales, seems the Elite Englishman has no qualms in making out the world is bad and there’s no place like home.

Muppets.

well said wired I done three years all over and was treated by all sorts of irish people wonderfull I would not hesitate togo back over and to people who haven’t been try it the welcome is great. crowd of us going to Belfast soon cant wait the proplem they do have is they don’t now when to shut the bloody pubs oh my head and when they come over to wales for the rugby they stay in my home town Caerphilly and they are welcome by everybody good luck regards rowland