Iraq

Got to admit felt a bit sensetive and a bit of a ■■■, so sorry, but to be honest it was not the thought of being shot at that stopped me, it the thought of flying that did it.

If Pat will put the e-mail or phone number of whoever is offering a $1000 a day on here i will get on a micro light.

Bad start again sorry.

Guy Rope:
Got to admit felt a bit sensetive and a bit of a ■■■, so sorry, but to be honest it was not the thought of being shot at that stopped me, it the thought of flying that did it.

If Pat will put the e-mail or phone number of whoever is offering a $1000 a day on here i will get on a micro light.

Bad start again sorry.

Dont worry mate, we are all in the same Aeroplane, so to speak! :smiley: :wink: :wink:

Welcome to TruckNet! great welcome it is as well! :smiley:

Guy Rope:

Bad start again sorry.

Well putting all the Iraq issue thoroughly to the side, I was over in the Isle of Man once, got a cheap flight back to Norwich international airport :laughing: via Manchester, the bus took us across the apron at Manchester was bigger than the plane :open_mouth: , I thought the same as you no way, but got on anyway like the rest of the sheep. BEST FLIGHT OF MY LIFE :smiley: you ought to give it ago if that sougt of plane comes your way again.
Your in Linc’s i would have thought you ought to be able to pick up something resonable maybe on agency out off Imm’ham in the north or try and get into Dixon’s at Newark.
best of luck ,and for what it’s worth I would stay well away from areas to the east that are hot and dusty.

Guy Rope:

Bad start again sorry.

I have never taken the number down and would never encourage anyone to risk his or her life for money :exclamation: It’s no good to you when your body and head are 10 feet apart.

There is nothing to flying though, although I will point out that I will not get in any plane smaller than a Jumbo or an A 340 Airbus :laughing: :laughing:
Any it also has to have the word ‘VIRGIN’ on the side :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

Guy Rope:
There is nothing to flying though, although I will point out that I will not get in any plane smaller than a Jumbo or an A 340 Airbus :laughing: :laughing:
Any it also has to have the word ‘VIRGIN’ on the side :laughing:

Pat you must take a ride on a plane that only has 3 seats across, and a curtain between you and the pilots :question: well if they still allow that now. Mind you i was bricking it as we hurtled sorry trundled down the runway but by the time i got to Norwich i was dead impressed especialy as the curtain was’nt closed i got to see the runway aproach :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In the film Hannibal they were wheeling Hannibal Lecter around on a sack cart, and he was strapped to the cart, my wife reckons thats the best way for me to get on a plane.

Here’s the deal on those driving jobs for Haliburton/J Root (■■) in Iraq:

You drive either a fuel tanker or van trailer, in a convoy, and you are not allowed to be armed. Insurgents attack these convoys daily, and often kidnap drivers and kill them. Your life expetancy in tis job is about 2 months.

Thank you Alex :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t do the job for any amount of money :exclamation: :exclamation:

I think we should have the details Pat.
But just to help those who we feel deserve it .

Like Alex says, I seem to remember reading it’s that Halliburton / Brown Root & Kellog outfit that hires the victims… err… drivers, maybe they got an email address! I reckon cab bars are a bit pants against rpg’s!

and for what it’s worth I would stay well away from areas to the east that are hot and dusty

you mean skegness and mablethorpe :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

at least you come to your senses before you got on the plane mate ,fair play, i woludn’t drive no bullet magnet for any amount of cash

jon

jonboy:

and for what it’s worth I would stay well away from areas to the east that are hot and dusty

you mean skegness and mablethorpe :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

No, further East than that :question: Lowestoft or Gorleston on sea :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
It’s no good to you when your body and head are 10 feet apart.

If it’s any comfort Pat the head and the body usually end up a lot closer than 10 feet. In fact they put the head right back next to the body, after they have finished waving it about in the air, so they can use that as the closing shot of the video.

Welcome to TruckNet Guy, I hope you’ll enjoy the flight.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: OOPS, bad choice of words that. :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep welcome to Trucknet Guy. Several blokes have gone to Iraq from our firm. Just take care & keep in touch if you can

every ones having ago at guy,put it this way any one here in the TA? or have been in the forces?,you HAVE to go but for far less money,joing the army YOU have put your self in a dangerous position for money,i know people who left school staight in the army first posting was northern ireland,nice,scared them ■■■■■■■■■■■■ there choice,ken biggly whent to iraq for monatary reasons,3month contracts in iraq are paying £300.000 tax free,yes i thought about it to buy a house,i know the risks,the money OR being killed would solve a lot of problems,iwas a bike courier for ten years i know its not if but when,ive stared death in the face several times,always seemed to be young twenty year old girls in company bmw’s,every one has the freedom to make their own choices just because YOU dont want to do it dont force your oppinion on the person who has made HIS choice,whats right for you may not be right for someone else,we are grown ups we make our own decsions…

life expectancy over there only 2mths well i will go for 6weeks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If it wasnt for the fact that im married i’d be of like a shot BUT i dont think its fair on the wife to leave her in the ■■■

simon

i know of 4 drivers that have gone and another thinking about it

I have still got the e-mail address if any body wants to have a go.

i would like the email addy please mate