Iraq

Hello everybody new boy on the block here.

Answered an advert in Daily Mirror for a job in Kuwait, $7.000 per month (£4.000 give or take a few quid), plus $30 day expenses, got the job, tickets at Heathrow on Friday 15/10, quit my job, drove down went through security, I had never flown before, took one look at the plane (tiny) another look at the football sized crowd waiting to get on (they must have sat on one anothers shoulders)I would not have got on that unless i was ■■■■■■■. got my suitcase taken of went home. any body want a driver who feels very silly.

What job was it?

Driving trucks for the us army, sorry should have said!!!

was there a uniform… a guy from our depot went aswell the office staff told him he would get his uniform on arrival…an orange jumpsuit…

Hmmm! Guy Rope.

Given enough slack he could hang himself.

Doesnt the news filter through, that Iraq is a dangerous place and Kuwait isnt in Iraq

I am well aware that Kuwait is not Iraq, I have noticed that some people ask why people look but dont post on this board.

Part of the reason is snide remarks like this, this is my last post you really are not worth the time and effort,

hehehehehehehe… got to be made of sterner stuff than that these days…hahahaha

Either an agency was making a fast buck or they think the British are cheap labour :exclamation:
That job is advertised over here for $1,000 a day :exclamation:

I wouldn’t do it for $1,000 a minute :open_mouth:

Guy Rope:
I am well aware that Kuwait is not Iraq, I have noticed that some people ask why people look but dont post on this board.

Part of the reason is snide remarks like this, this is my last post you really are not worth the time and effort,

Sorry your that easily offended mate, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: But i think the reply was just pointing out that in Big letters it says ‘Irag’ when it aint. :smiley:

And im sure other members could have made alot of worse comments had they seen this post :grimacing:

i dont really want to comment…oh well …here we go…what idiot in this current climate of terrorism, and attacks on foreigners…would want to go and put his/her head on the block…regardless of how much money is on offer…its a well known fact that there are countless foreigners being targets for the fanatics of this world, and i for one would never put my life on the line even if i was offered a million quid, and as pat hasler said…the job is being offered in america for a 28 thousand dollars a month…not the measly bucks the brits are being offered 7000 dollars a month…ha ha ha ha …i cant stop laughing…maybe hes after a kenworth…or peterbilt…ha ha ha ha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: muppet…ha ha ha
have a nice day

(zb) edited for personal attacks
mrs mix

Hi Guy

i saw this and thought of you :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

Guy Rope:
(zb),

hehehehe didnt take you long to suss most of em out then guy string… hahahahah

just editing the quote see above :wink: mrs mix

Ah, Guy,
Welcome(back :slight_smile: ) to TruckNet
Have you tried scrolling down to the Driver Vacancies Forum on here ? - there might by something worth following up…or agency work perhaps ? nearly everyone is getting busy now, stocking up for Christmas,etc.

Crikey :exclamation: What’s going on 'ere :question: . Mud-slinging and I’m not involved :question: :question: :open_mouth: .

Make a note in your diaries guys :open_mouth: :smiley: .

Like Terry says though, you’ve gotta be made of stronger stuff than that on here :exclamation: .

In answer to your request I’d rattle up the Job Centre website and key in your area and it’ll find any jobs going in your area.

jobcentreplus.gov.uk/cms.asp … rchforajob

Cheers.

In defence of Guy, I have to say he is probably just trying to better himself and saw this as a way of earning a bit more money than he did before, everyone wants to better themselves. Guy saw the light before it was too late and backed out … Thank God :exclamation:

There was a bit on the news here this morning about US Army soldiers refusing to drive the supply trucks from Kuwait to Iraq because the trucks are not armoured and it is not a case of IF you get attacked, it’s WHERE you’ll get attacked.

You did right to back away Guy and I am sorry we poked fun at you :blush:

Guy Rope:

Blimey this lad is touchy, Just aswell he backed out off the Iraq I mean Kuwait job, shudder to think what he might have done when the natives started calling him Infadell and other such things

Hey come on you lot, are you truck drivers or mums at the school gate ■■■■■■■■ about who deson’t wear the right shoes :unamused:

Take a chill pill, lifes too short. We’re all here for the same reason << to communicate with other like minded working lads & ladies>> & as hard as the job is sometimes, EVERYBODY doing it does it to earn a crust :sunglasses:

Toytown:
Hey come on you lot, are you truck drivers or mums at the school gate ■■■■■■■■ about who deson’t wear the right shoes :unamused: :sunglasses:

OH that toytown her heels are far to high for a girl of her age :unamused:
need i say more :laughing: :laughing:

C’mon Gents,
Lets try to keep this somewhere near the topic,

Personally I give the Guy credit for not only changing his mind, but willing to admit he made a bad decision.

No way would I go out to the Middle East with the way things are at present, All that money is no good to me if I am dead :open_mouth: :open_mouth: