Iphone apps for truckers

Just joined the iphone world and thought some of you lads and lasses might tell me of any useful apps you have for out on the road i.e traffic news, drivers hours etc. Cheers.

I to had a iPad bought me for christmas, up to yet I’ve put a sat nav app on, called GPS sat nav 2,cost £1.49… It’s available from the apple apps store, not tried it out yet, but when I put an address in I know, and look at the route, it seems to be spot on, seems as good as a Tom Tom… It will be interesting to see what other apps are recommended…

To be honest I’ve not found any traffic news apps that are reliable enough to use properly, try Traffic Eye it’s a link into motorway cameras so you could have a look before you set off. I also use a time calculator for adding up all my breaks :laughing: that’s about it really, the use the games more to waste away any waiting time than anything else :smiley:
As for drivers hours I have just saved the regulations PDF in iBooks, if I can’t make sense of that then I just ask on here and never failed to be helped by the more intelligent than me ( that’s not too difficult ) :grimacing:

The RAC do a neat traffic app. I’ve got it on my Galaxy and it’s usually spot on. :smiley:

AA do a.good quality map for 1.99
search renault in the app store they have some good little apps and are free
good.truck map.too but its very pricey!

i have an app called witness its a crash cam

also angry birds is good when your bored lol

Truckstop locator.

i’ve got google maps on my android phone,great for sussing out the layout of a place your tipping,using streetview,also handy for getting postcodes for farms etc, so you know roughly where you’re your going before you talk to the addresee.food finder is grand too,it tells you the nearest eateries to your location.

thelorryist:
also angry birds is good when your bored lol

+1

highways agency app, from app store its free, spot on locates where you are

Convert units for free for difrent trailers all ours are in meters so really handy

ALL FREE:
Witness.
HA Traffic
Tachodisc
Fast Connect
TrafficView
RAC Traffic (Great)
ShirtWorker
Yell for the take a ways !
Truckstop (total waste of 69p IMO)
Then if you really want to…
Match
POF
My salary
JobCentrePlus
NHS Direct

Tachodisc, its a free app regarding drivers hours.

I found quite a few apps in the Apps store useful, click on Categories, then whatever you’re looking for, i.e. media, entertainment, utilities, games etc., then click on the “Top Free”, you’ll find loads to download, even those that you have to pay for aren’t that expensive.
I like Angry Birds too but my favorite has to be Temple Run. Also agree on the “converter app” being a handy accessory.
A useful one I’ve found is def a truck stop finder on transportcafe.co.uk.

there is an app called fuelcard, and will show you the fuel site are near you, covers most including keyfuels.
Also get it jailbroken for added value, well as long as it isnt a 4s

I like Angry Birds Rio, it’s a bit of fun if you have time to kill. As someone has mentioned, google maps is excellent, you can use street view to help locate tipping/loading points. Someone showed me this working the other night & it is very good.

In an effort to avoid diabetes & to try & get fitter/lighter so I can ease my blood pressure, I’ve taken up cycling after work & at weekends (when it’s dry) I only cycle in quiet lanes around the valley where I live and I downloaded Map my ride which records my exercise via GPS & keeps a record of my efforts which is an encouragement to keep going.

Anyone who enjoys other more active sports could try Map my fitness, it’s very good and covers lots of activities. You can link these two apps to your internet & monitor your performance on the PC.

BB

You tube was free to download & OK when you have internet connection available
I enjoy Cannon Challenge 2, it fills a few minutes when I run out of reading material.
Megalight is a good free torch app.
Chequers is OK but I’ve never won.

BB

Been thinking of getting an ipad2 to use as satnav and entertainment instead of lugging a laptop around everywhere. If you use an ipad or iphone as a satnav do you have to pay data charges every time you use it?

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … -f-up.html

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wetherspoon pubs, kfc, macdounalds,tesco and waitrose all are free and at least u will not go hungrey when on a night out as they tell u were the nearest one to u is there is also one called around me which will tell u the local shops pubs atms etc

Squiddy:
Been thinking of getting an ipad2 to use as satnav and entertainment instead of lugging a laptop around everywhere. If you use an ipad or iphone as a satnav do you have to pay data charges every time you use it?

Unless the maps are native on your device then yes it will be expensive to download the map data for every route.