Iphone apps for truckers

dar1976:

Squiddy:
Been thinking of getting an ipad2 to use as satnav and entertainment instead of lugging a laptop around everywhere. If you use an ipad or iphone as a satnav do you have to pay data charges every time you use it?

Unless the maps are native on your device then yes it will be expensive to download the map data for every route.

I probably didn’t explain myself clearly. What I meant was does it cost in data charges to actually use satnav on an iphone or ipad day to day.

eg i could download maps at home and port them over to a device, but does the device use data whilst on an actual journey? eg if I was driving from brighton to central london, would I incur data charges for the whole route whilst the iphone is constantly updating its location?

Bottom line is, does an iphone or ipad satnav incur charges for every mile you use it.

weeto:
there is an app called fuelcard, and will show you the fuel site are near you, covers most including keyfuels.

Is it still available on the app store ?

Tapatalk , HA Traffic , Directgov Travel news, Traffic media, RAC traffic, Twitter (follow the HA feeds) , Timer+ , fuelcard site locator, Shell Stations, BP UK, Renault Truck network, Volvo dealer locator, and of course Angry Birds

CSC Fuel Card network. It looks a good app.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/csc-fuel-card-site-network/id485700372?mt=8

Get yourself a 3G sim for 15 bucks a month never gone over the limit yet go into pc world and get one.

As for apps try bulls i if you like darts it’s very addictive,angry birds is a must too

Stick cricket is another. Hours of fun :wink:

Squiddy:

dar1976:

Squiddy:
Been thinking of getting an ipad2 to use as satnav and entertainment instead of lugging a laptop around everywhere. If you use an ipad or iphone as a satnav do you have to pay data charges every time you use it?

Unless the maps are native on your device then yes it will be expensive to download the map data for every route.

I probably didn’t explain myself clearly. What I meant was does it cost in data charges to actually use satnav on an iphone or ipad day to day.

eg i could download maps at home and port them over to a device, but does the device use data whilst on an actual journey? eg if I was driving from brighton to central london, would I incur data charges for the whole route whilst the iphone is constantly updating its location?

Bottom line is, does an iphone or ipad satnav incur charges for every mile you use it.

It doesn’t, as the maps are stored on the device - well they are if you’re using something like the tomtom, copilot or Renault truck nav apps.

Denis F:
Tapatalk , HA Traffic , Directgov Travel news, Traffic media, RAC traffic, Twitter (follow the HA feeds) , Timer+ , fuelcard site locator, Shell Stations, BP UK, Renault Truck network, Volvo dealer locator, and of course Angry Birds

Is Tapatalk a direct link to trucknet or do you have to search for it every time you use the app?

steptoe:

Denis F:

Is Tapatalk a direct link to trucknet or do you have to search for it every time you use the app?

Tapatalk has a one touch login button once you have initially logged in

As easy as 123 :slight_smile:

whitch provider has the best signal coverage for iphone ,i have been looking at the 3 network?any good?

dodester:
whitch provider has the best signal coverage for iphone ,i have been looking at the 3 network?any good?

I’ve just got a 4gs on 3 network through the carphone warehouse,no complaints at all :smiley:

Duck:
Truckstop locator.

truckstop locator only for usa cant find one that applies to uk

nedflanders:

Duck:
Truckstop locator.

There is one, but it’s not much use, didn’t even have Alconbury on it :unamused:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-Haulage-Truckers-iPhone-App/118830788212260

Meant to be coming soon.

waynedl:

nedflanders:

Duck:
Truckstop locator.

There is one, but it’s not much use, didn’t even have Alconbury on it :unamused:

Alconbury is on the one I use. Page back to find the website I posted. As I said before, I have found it extremely useful .

Signs all over Exeter Msa yesterday advertising a “Moto deals” app , don’t know what it does !

pierrot 14:

waynedl:

nedflanders:

Duck:
Truckstop locator.

Alconbury is on the one I use. Page back to find the website I posted. As I said before, I have found it extremely useful .

No use to me now, ■■■■■■ the iphone off and back on android.

I use Navigon with truck routing (costs an extra £69). Spot on, very good app…

3 Mobile best for data, dont know about voice though, I use o2 on voicve and its ok, but the 3g on it is crap. Have 3 mobile on ipad.

Have got Renault trucknav which was expensive, £120 for Europe (didnt have UK and Ireland then) but it is a really good truck satnav, and having used tomtom truck previously, can highly recommend.

Renault also do Deliver Eye, which is free and geostamps and puts time and date on photos, which can be handy and they also do a free basic driver timer, again free.

FIFA 12 is good for passing the time.

For social networking, flipboard (free)takes some beating and formats twitter into a magazine format which is really good.

A2z london is a worthwhile download too.

Angry Birds & Temple Run