Invalid card error code 48 IMPORTANT

Put my card in this morning Sat 24th and this came up, also this happened to another driver at our depot and also 8 other drivers at Haverhill too so something spooky going on. Clocks change tomorrow and it was a leap year so there could be a connection, apparently all the cards it happened to were older type with less than a year to go until they have to be renewed. I tried 3 units and all came up the same so now doing printouts.
Anyone shed any light on this ? :confused:

I don’t have a solution for you (sorry!) but here’s a bit more information.

048 —Card not valid (slot 1)
DTCO screen display: Example — BTC display:
Use the and keys to scroll through the error memory: Consecutivenumber Position in error memory Number of errors Symbol for error is active
Important Stands for error memory code 048 that can be read out using any SDS (STC,CTCor MTC).
No workshop card necessary.
Type of message Description
Event warning message Meaning: The tachograph card inserted in slot 1 (driver 1) has expired or is invalid.
Possible cause(s): An invalid or expired tachograph card a) has been inserted. When the day changes b) the unit detects that an inserted tachograph card is no longer valid.
Action: Check the tachograph card for validity.
Remarks: a) You can only insert an expired tachograph card (tachograph card has expired but the certificate is still valid) to print out or display the stored data; after confirming the warning message the tachograph card is read as read only.
b) If the day changes when the vehicle is stationary, the corresponding data on the tachograph card is stored and the card is ejected. If the day changes during the trip, the corresponding data on the tachograph card is stored when the trip ends and the card is ejected.

Hope that gives someone else a clue to help you further!

Thanks for that but unfortunately no good to me but maybe that might help somebody.

Send your card to DVLA as faulty.Do printouts til’ your new one returns. Happened twice to me last year. :imp:

bigvern1:
Send your card to DVLA as faulty.Do printouts til’ your new one returns. Happened twice to me last year. :imp:

That’s what I’ll do but why has it happened to about 10 drivers all on the same day ? :confused:

My card runs out the end of this month but it seems to be OK so far!
Dunno BB, bloody strange one that.

errorcode 48 means wtf are you doing here today,it is saturday, you should be having a lie-in followed by full english brekkie in bed, showered,wash car then meet mates in pub, off to footie then back to pub till chucking out time

smart things these digitachs :smiley:

Got back to the yard and was chatting to a driver whose card also didn’t work so that was at least 11 of us including 3 from my depot.

Update on this is just phoned dvla digi tacho department and they’re aware of the problem but nothing can be fixed till Monday (god knows why), apparently its to do with vosa and some mother computer malfunctioning.
So a lot of you may have problems Monday morning but the couple of drivers I’ve chatted to and myself all have cards which are up for renewal this year so that could be the common denominator here.

Well, how’s your luck? I used my card today for the first time since 2008 (and for the second time ever) and guess what?

Error 48…

A nice welcome back to the game eh?

Fat bald bloke, I owe you a pint of whatever that is in your avatar, for putting my mind at rest. Cheers. :slight_smile:

Happydaze:
Well, how’s your luck? I used my card today for the first time since 2008 (and for the second time ever) and guess what?

Error 48…

Fat bald bloke, I owe you a pint of whatever that is in your avatar, for putting my mind at rest. Cheers. :slight_smile:

No probs, but fat I’m definetly not :open_mouth: and It’s Natch which is cider :sunglasses:

Happened to me and my mate this morning also…I thought it might have been the fog :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

bald bloke:

Happydaze:

Error 48…

No probs, but fat I’m definetly not :open_mouth: and It’s Natch which is cider :sunglasses:

Ha ha! Sorry mate, I was visualising a bloke I know as I typed that who is fat and bald, and I’ve just seen what I wrote! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Can’t believe I did that. :open_mouth: A pint of Natch cider it is then! :wink:

Mine the same,changed motors and worked ok

My card died this morning with this error code. Filled out form tonight for faulty card. did printout today. Do I still need to send it off?

Sent from my Satellite phone using Tapatalk.

Cruise Control:
My card died this morning with this error code. Filled out form tonight for faulty card. did printout today. Do I still need to send it off?

Sent from my Satellite phone using Tapatalk.

Hang fire for now, phone the vosa digi line tomorrow.

There’s a note in our orifice saying don’t send off error 48 cards until further notice

I’m surprised Tachograph ain’t been on here yet with his opinion on it.

I was refused work tonight due to my card not working

bald bloke:
I’m surprised Tachograph ain’t been on here yet with his opinion on it.

I wish I could give you an explanation mate but I’m as baffled as you are that so many cards would fail with the same fault … sorry :confused: