Invalid card error code 48 IMPORTANT

Onemattsmith:
I was refused work tonight due to my card not working

That’s a bit steep you could still work and do print outs .

Dvla are making a decision today about their next move on the matter.

Can please have the phone Number youve called. DHL are not allowing me to drive until my card works.

Mine died yesterday as well and I’ve been refused work this morning. Maybe a class action against VOSA for loss of earnings could be in the offing? :smiling_imp:

My card has code 48 too and all the sainsburys drivers at east Kilbride. My card will not let me do a print out. Just the last time it was working

Mine was ok Saturday, but this morning it came up with Tacho expired…

Expiry is Oct 2012.

Stobart allowed me to do printouts for this week if req’d, and I’m agency, but will need sorting before next week.

This happened at my weekend job on both sat and sun and to other drivers as well.

Onemattsmith:
Can please have the phone Number youve called. DHL are not allowing me to drive until my card works.

I work for DHL and if we have issues with a lost or faulty card there is no problem with us driving and doing the two daily printouts. Why they won’t let you work is beyond me because the regulations make allowances for faulty cards.

richy01698:
My card has code 48 too and all the sainsburys drivers at east Kilbride. My card will not let me do a print out. Just the last time it was working

If you need the printouts at the start and end of shift to enable you to still work you have to scroll down an extra click and select vehicle printout, you can do that even with no card in the VU.

Coffeeholic:

Onemattsmith:

I work for DHL and if we have issues with a lost or faulty card there is no problem with us driving and doing the two daily printouts. Why they won’t let you work is beyond me because the regulations make allowances for faulty cards.

What depot mate? Problem I have is I’m the only driver at my depot this has happened too.

Matt

Onemattsmith:

Coffeeholic:

Onemattsmith:

What depot mate? Problem I have is I’m the only driver at my depot this has happened too.

Matt

London Colney

I have spoke to DVLA and they now have a message and a dedicated line for this issue. She said they are working to resolve the issue and will not be replaccing any faulty cards at this time and If your card is still not working after 2 weeks to call back.

Which is not great news to me as they will not let me drive at work without a working card.

Onemattsmith:

Coffeeholic:

Onemattsmith:

Matt

It may be worth pointing out that Coffeeholic works directly for DHL, your problem Matt is that you work there through an agency, there shouldn’t be different rules but I’m afraid there obviously are :frowning:

I had exactly the same problem when I started my shift yesterday afternoon - error code 48, was working fine on Friday. Card does not expire until early 2013. Is there any official word on this anywhere does anyone know?

londontruck:
I had exactly the same problem when I started my shift yesterday afternoon - error code 48, was working fine on Friday. Card does not expire until early 2013. Is there any official word on this anywhere does anyone know?

Yes DVLA say there’s is a issue that they are working to resolve with VOSA.

tachograph:

Onemattsmith:

Coffeeholic:

Onemattsmith:

Matt

It may be worth pointing out that Coffeeholic works directly for DHL, your problem Matt is that you work there through an agency, there shouldn’t be different rules but I’m afraid there obviously are :frowning:

My agency say that if they know of other DHL’s that are allowing drivers to work they can use that against my depot.

My card last used saturday morning expires in 2012. It was OK at that time when I finished.

It looks like I’m high up in the “dead pool” to have mine fail when I attempt to start this week’s assignment tonight.

Thing is, how legal is it to drive with the thing not working if there’s no one at vehicle pickup to stop you?

Printouts not available until the card has been accepted into the slot. With no card in the slot, you just get the “driving without card” error as soon as you move.

I reckon at least VOSA can do is offer an amnesty on tacho related offences until they’ve sorted all this mess out, as it is going to be some days before anyone can get a replacement card I would imagine.

THe only upside to all this is that the replacement card is free instead of fee payable I would imagine. That’ll be DVLA’s olive branch to us I suspect! :frowning:

Winseer:
My card last used saturday morning expires in 2012. It was OK at that time when I finished.

It looks like I’m high up in the “dead pool” to have mine fail when I attempt to start this week’s assignment tonight.

Thing is, how legal is it to drive with the thing not working if there’s no one at vehicle pickup to stop you?

Printouts not available until the card has been accepted into the slot. With no card in the slot, you just get the “driving without card” error as soon as you move.

I reckon at least VOSA can do is offer an amnesty on tacho related offences until they’ve sorted all this mess out, as it is going to be some days before anyone can get a replacement card I would imagine.

THe only upside to all this is that the replacement card is free instead of fee payable I would imagine. That’ll be DVLA’s olive branch to us I suspect! :frowning:

It’s legal to drive for 15 days (page 37 of the tachograph Regs)

You do a vehicle print out not a drivers print out at the start and end of shift.

My card actually let me do a drivers printout even though it said card not valid.

Winseer:

Completely legal. You can still print without the card, you scroll down a bit further and choose vehicle printout at the start and end of the shift. You still get the driving without card thing but you just ignore it.

Winseer:

No reason to offer an amnesty on tacho offences, you still work as you normally do, change the mode switch as normal and take the printouts. The chances of an infringement are no greater with or without the card. The only thing they are likely to do is an extension to the driving for 15 days without a card thing. This might take some sorting and it could take longer than normal to get all the replacements out.

Winseer:

Replacement cards for malfunctioning cards are always free.

Onemattsmith:

tachograph:

Onemattsmith:

Coffeeholic:

Onemattsmith:

Matt

My agency say that if they know of other DHL’s that are allowing drivers to work they can use that against my depot.

I don’t know if any of the drivers have had an issue with the cards today as I am not in until 19:15 but I guarantee they will have been allowed to drive. My current co-driver is agency and if his card doesn’t work tonight he will be allowed to do the run with me, and for the rest of the week and next if necessary… I had the situation a few months ago when the agency guy I was with had a faulty card. I put my card in slot 1 when I was driving and slot 2 when he was and he did printouts.