Interview tomorrow!

After almost melting my phone over the last few weeks, I’ve finally got myself a job interview for a Class 2 job :smiley: . It’s through an agency, but the job is temp-perm, so I imagine they will take the interview quite seriously. This will be my first serious interview for a couple of years and my first ever for a HGV job, so I would appreciate some pointers.

I’m going all suited up etc, but just wondered what sort of questions I might get asked? the job is a refridgerated class 2 delivering frozen foods to restaurants etc mainly in London and there will be 2 nights out per week (The company is based in Manchester)

don’t go too suited up - smart casual is USUALLY the order of the day - Don’t want them to think you are after the TMs job :exclamation: :exclamation:

Good luck with the interview tomorrow Robster_1981.

I’ve almost melted my phone too over the last few weeks! :laughing:

I’m still waiting on that first interview :frowning:

One of these days :slight_smile:

ROG:
don’t go too suited up - smart casual is USUALLY the order of the day - Don’t want them to think you are after the TMs job :exclamation: :exclamation:

That is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. Shirt and trousers with no tie is what I was thinking, but don’t want it looking like I haven’t made an effort! difficult one!

Robster_1981:

ROG:

That is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. Shirt and trousers with no tie is what I was thinking, but don’t want it looking like I haven’t made an effort! difficult one!

sounds ok :slight_smile:

Good luck with the interview. :smiley: :smiley:

When I took a job application form to a Transport Company I parked in their main Car Park. It had Wagons in etc and I needed a High Vis jacket to walk from my car to their Office. If you have one it may be a good idea to take it with you, just in case. :wink:

Don’t forget a pen and notepad so you can make notes of people, pay and benefits etc

most companys will also give you a test on your tachos and drivers hours, so a bit of revision might be wise good luck hun x x

so did you get the job then mate :sunglasses: :question:

Well? :question: :unamused:
I hope you are out celebrating. :wink:

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for all the tips!!

I’m not going to find out until Tuesday :open_mouth:
It went quite well I thought, but it wasn’t anything like I expected. Just a few questions about what I wanted to do and what I have done before, then mainly he was asking me if i’d be happy with certain aspects of the job (nights out, handball etc) I said “yes, no problem” to all of them of course!

The agency told me roughly what the pay was so I didn’t ask! so got to spend the whole weekend trying to forget about it now lol

It’s going to be a long weekend :unamused: :unamused:
Good luck :wink:

Thanks a lot mate :smiley:

Didn’t get the job :frowning:

The reason rather predictably is that I don’t have enough experience :unamused:
It leaves me rather annoyed for two reasons. One being: why send me for an interview if they wanted someone with experience? also, I turned down a days work on a class 2 from another agency because of the interview :cry:

I know it’s a case of chin up and move on, but I think just for tonight i’ll feel sorry for myself lol :unamused:

unlucky mate

have a beer or ten tonight and get up and melt the phone again tomorrow.

good luck job hunting mate.

put your loaction in your profile and it might help people remember if they see a job and give you the nod mate.
:blush: :blush: :blush: sorry just re read your post and it does actually say manchester :blush: :blush: :blush:

i’ll leave it in though as a tip for other job hunters

Much appreciated!
Good tip about the location, never thought of that…in progress :slight_smile:

Robster_1981:
Didn’t get the job :frowning:

The reason rather predictably is that I don’t have enough experience :unamused:
It leaves me rather annoyed for two reasons. One being: why send me for an interview if they wanted someone with experience? also, I turned down a days work on a class 2 from another agency because of the interview :cry:

I know it’s a case of chin up and move on, but I think just for tonight i’ll feel sorry for myself lol :unamused:

I’m really gutted for you :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not much I can say to cheer you up so ALL THE BEST FOR NEXT TIME :slight_smile: