Interview Tip ???

I have an interview/ driving assessment for a local haulage firm tomorrow morning, they’re quite a big outfit. I know I probably sound like my mrs :laughing: but i don’t know if I should wear a suit/ tie or go smart casual. I can’t imagine wearing or being comfortable in a suit on a driving assessment :open_mouth:

I’ve been on general haulage for quite a while. In the past it’s been phone up, told come in and get an application form, driving assessment while I’m there and job offer and I’ve always been in jeans, t-shirt, etc…

Now I’ve not had an interview for a good few years so I don’t know what the craic is and I’m a bit out of touch !!!

Any tips ■■?

Wear smart jeans with smart shoes (take work boots too) and a nice polo shirt, be clean shaven, polite and look them in the eye.

What you want is this,

They are looking for lot’s of personality and a good sense of humour these day’s. When they get to telling you the pay and conditions it also won’t look so sarcastic when you laugh in their face. :smiling_imp:

Sorry, :blush: :laughing: smart casual.

Jogging bottoms and flip flops

do the job lol

Ronald McDonald outfit looks good…Lighted spinning bow tie too much ■■? … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I went for an interview last week I asked what the dress code was and the reply was “well it is an interview so what do you think?”

I didn’t have an assessment.

Dress like a driver-
All clean & pressed (like your first day at school :slight_smile: )
Black Cargo Trousers
Smart shirt (not T shirt)
work boots/polished (if you don’t look after your own kit, why would you look after theirs ?)

Give your car a clean, if you turn up in something that’s come straight off the tip, why would the TM think you will look after his fleet !

Good Luck.

Went i went for my Tesco interview the other week I went in a shirt and tie :blush:

DAF95XF:
Went i went for my Tesco interview the other week I went in a shirt and tie :blush:

Start as you mean to go on… :laughing:

Ken.

If it’s a driving assesment as well, i always wear smart jeans, shirt or shirt and smart sweater, smart shoes and take work boots and hi viz with me.

NewLad:
I went for an interview last week I asked what the dress code was and the reply was “well it is an interview so what do you think?”

I didn’t have an assessment.

Well by the sounds of it you were lucky, dont think there was any need for them to come out with a response like that…

Personally a suit and tie is over the top in my opinion, smart casual clothes, polished work boots, armed with a hiviz and some gloves, ready to do a days work.

Find out facts and figures about the firm,brush teeth and mouth wash and body odour spray, I would wear a suit and take the work waer in the car.

Best of luck

DAF95XF:

Lol…:slight_smile: :slight_smile: I take it you went for an office/management role then…

Brown dealer boots, wrangler jeans, Ben Sherman shirt and a McElvaney jacket. Tell them your hobbies are watching rallying and drifting your Corolla twincam. The interview will be a formality.

In all seriousness though, best of luck, I hope you get the gig.

As it’s a driver assessment as well as an interview go smart casual, clean pressed jeans/cargo trousers and clean pressed shirt, you’re going to look and feel out of place on a driver assessment wearing a suit, you also stand a chance of getting it dirty.

Also take your boots, gloves and a clean hi-viz if you have one, and obviously your licence and driver card and any charts/printouts you’ve completed in the previous 28 days, you’ll need them if there’s a drive involved.

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you :wink:

Pimpdaddy:

DAF95XF:

Lol…:slight_smile: :slight_smile: I take it you went for an office/management role then…

No, a driver…

This might help youtube.com/watch?v=L4rSZP0nNCc

zeddman:
This might help youtube.com/watch?v=L4rSZP0nNCc

Thats brilliant mate. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the tips and advice :wink:

Smart casual, no tie, short sleeve shirt and trousers in the end. All went well, driving assessment was good and I was offered the job so happy days :slight_smile: