Interview at Reed Boardall

Well those rates are a lot better than 2 big firms in leeds are paying and too be fair if you cause any sizable damage just leave.

It’s the north east don’t you know, a bowl of gravel is about par for the course.

I’m amazed they don’t pay for parking. That’s a bit Mickey Mouse ain’t it? Whatever about the accident damage, that’s Mickey Mouse but I can understand that but not paying for parking is pretty stupid from a top flight outfit, still less fridges for us to listen to in the services…

I saw on switchlogics twitter that the rear lights on those new fancy new volvos cost nearly £800. Just a thought…

Stanley Knife:

peak_46:
Be aware you have to pay for the first £1000 of any at fault damage . . . Standard Mon-Fri first nine hours is now £7.45.

I’m amazed they get any drivers.

Stan

Don’t stuff wagons and you won’t have a problem. Given what the vast majority of the collections and deliveries are at RB there is absolutely no excuse for damaging wagons. There is nowhere I ever went when I drove for them that was anything which I would call challenging with a high risk of damage.

With the best will in the world even pros have the odd scratch once in a while.

Don’t dispute that however there are a lot of drivers out there who seemingly don’t give a stuff. A mate of mine was constantly damaging his wagon, trailer or loads.

peak_46:
Be aware you have to pay for the first £1000 of any at fault damage

Another incentive for “new blood” to join this industry
:open_mouth:

greggy:
If you are on tramping, you may end up with the same motor for 2 days max.

Presumably they swap vehicles “up the road” then as if you’re a genuine tramper you’re unlikely to return to the yard before the week is out, often not for two or three weeks…

Daz1970:
Daz1972…I guess you’re about two years younger than myself!!!
Anyway. Just a lead, if you’re S.Yorks - based give JP Walton transport at Denaby a try. They’re always after fresh blood - decent work- fair pay & they don’t mind starting ‘newbies’ if they don’t mind a bit of graft. Tramping/general haulage but some good contracts/local day runs sometimes. They maybe worth a try.

Daz1970, thats right mate born 72 I will give JP Walton a ring not tried them as yet but will keep knocking on those doors until I get something thanks.

Have you tried The Green Group based in Rotherham.

Not tried the Green Group, but will be on the phone first thing are they known for taking on drivers with little experience? Have seen a few of there trucks about looks like good kit.

Sent you a pm mate, you got it?

No nothing come through on my messages

:-!

:slight_smile:

daz1972:
:slight_smile:

Id give you brownie points just for getting the name right, some clowns on here call it ‘Reed Boardell’…lol

Hahaha I went for an interview at Reed Boardell a few years back. I walked out half way through :laughing:

I’m not surprised they always need drivers

peak_46:

That’ll be the excess on their insurance covered then. So, crap wages and drivers cover the insurance. What a horrid company that must be to work for. Keeping in mind that I recently had a pheasant commit suicide on the front end of my car, the insurance company said, because there is no other party to claim from - that will count as an ‘at fault’ claim. As small and fragile as they are, to fix the damage to my car cost nearly £900.

Boomerang Dave:

peak_46:

That’ll be the excess on their insurance covered then. So, crap wages and drivers cover the insurance. What a horrid company that must be to work for.

There’s a lot of them about Dave. Even the agencies are at it now. One such agency in the Brighouse area deducts the full amount of any damage/insurance claims from your earnings, with no upper cap. :open_mouth:

I can imagine there is Rob, it’s a simple case of people need the wages so will take the risk. Tis a shame… see my edit to my previous about the pheasant.