Interior revamp of Big Blue

this was the state of the truck when i got it :cry:

Alcoa Durabrites :open_mouth: although the lift axle is a stainless wheel trim

the interior :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

after a few hours of cleaning the outside :smiley: :smiley:

now to start on the interior :blush:

just hope it all goes back together again :confused:

a new mattress has been ordered, paid for and collected, just need to do a little bit more cleaning out, hoovering and polishing before the new mattress goes in :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

still not quite how i want it, but at least it is getting there :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Youโ€™re a brave man โ€œRobโ€ :smiley: . What a difference though. Iโ€™m sure Globby480โ€™ll approve ! :laughing:

Should be nice, shame it got into a such a craphole condition in the first place.

all together now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: YOU CAN DO IT WHEN YOU B&Q IT,
has some one run up the arse of the kermit?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that wheel base looks hideous in fact it is a daf so i guess it will be hideous :laughing: :laughing:
do it right cpt spankie stop been tight !!! we could always get kindle round to do you a ยฃ50, and a 60 minute make over!!
does that answer the question goaty โ€œlolโ€

i could always do you a interior cpt spankie !!
big ice build etc, a nice 34" sub in there would rock man prob blow the cab apart tho,
tennis ball interior?? or soemthing,

but on a serious note :blush: :blush: it does look a lot better pal even tho its a daf :wink:

globby 480:
big ice build etc, a nice 34" sub in there would rock man prob blow the cab apart tho,

but on a serious note :blush: :blush: it does look a lot better pal even tho its a daf :wink:

ye it does look a lot better
what did you buy that truck for ?

lee hawke:

globby 480:

ye it does look a lot better
what did you buy that truck for ?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: because scrap was a top dollar and cpt spankie must have thought he would make a few more bob having a weigh in with the KERMIT

Makes you wonder why the previous keeper would go to such lengths to make such a special truck and then trash it?

globby 480:
all together now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: YOU CAN DO IT WHEN YOU B&Q IT,
has some one run up the arse of the kermit?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that wheel base looks hideous in fact it is a daf so i guess it will be hideous :laughing: :laughing:
do it right cpt spankie stop been tight !!! we could always get kindle round to do you a ยฃ50, and a 60 minute make over!!
does that answer the question goaty โ€œlolโ€

9.9 ! :smiley:

i guess you liked that goaty :wink: :wink: , cpt spankie wont be on yet he will be down the local B&Q :blush: store getting his club card points spent with a extra 10% off aswell :wink: :wink: for a few kitchen cupboards for the kermit

Looks good so far spanker :wink:
keep up the good work robert :laughing:

Gaz:
Makes you wonder why the previous keeper would go to such lengths to make such a special truck and then trash it?

my thoughts too, why did they do all that, then let it waste away.

its in the right hands now though, looking forward too seeing the finished article :sunglasses:

is that cab a one off or a prototype? i think its just as nice as the scania longline.
any idea whats on the left of the sink though?

lookin good sofar cptn spankie

u plannin to put big blue to work then

welshboyinspain:
is that cab a one off or a prototype? i think its just as nice as the scania longline.
any idea whats on the left of the sink though?

it was โ€œmodifiedโ€ from a standard XF SuperSpace Cab, there was an article in T&D about it a couple of years ago, there is also a thread on here about the truck which mentions the article and says how it came about

basically, the cab as it is, is a one off truck, it is not as long as a Longline though, not long enough to have the bed along the cab :cry:

the โ€œstorageโ€ compartment to the left of the sink has no bottom shelf in it, it does however, have 4 coat hooks, this compartment drops directly into one of the four external lockers that is done out as a full wet locker, complete with drain plug, the coat hooks are so that you can hang wet clothing, towels and the like in there for them to drain and not get the inside of the cab wet.

i still have the cupboard doors to fit back in their yet.

the compartment above the sink is where the microwave fits, complete with the wiring already there :smiley:

the compartment above that is where most of the electrics are stored, as in a large dropper and the main feed wires for the auxillery electricals.

the top compartment on the left is where the TV fits (on the outside of the door) and a DVD or video player sits inside

and Farmer, yes, it is going out to work on Monday :smiley:

and was that you on the M6 southbound going by Birmingham on friday morning?

thats looking a lot better mate, cant work out how they left it in that state meself?..you planning on keeping it then?

if its not as long as a longline can you pull 13.6m trailers then?

wirralpete:
thats looking a lot better mate, cant work out how they left it in that state meself?..you planning on keeping it then?

Thanks, and yes, iโ€™m planning on keeping it for now, it is going on the road on Monday

welshboyinspain:
if its not as long as a longline can you pull 13.6m trailers then?

donโ€™t know about that, i have not tried it yet for the overall length, the chassis has not been stretched, just the cab, one thing i do know is, it will not fit a deep pin trailer.

the previous owner was seen quite a few times pulling a 45โ€™ trailer, how legal, not sure, but was seen.

shuttlespanker:
Farmer, yes, it is going out to work on Monday :smiley:

and was that you on the M6 southbound going by Birmingham on friday morning?

sorry no it wisnae me spankie mate i only wish it were though must have been the stirling โ– โ– โ– โ– โ–  7.5 tonner

as i struggle to get out of aberdeen just now

shuttlespanker that daf looks better now you have spent some time on it :smiley:
when is it going in to the spray shop :question: are you going to use it on contianer work
what did you use on the wheels they look good