Interior revamp of Big Blue

Northern boy:
shuttlespanker that daf looks better now you have spent some time on it :smiley:
when is it going in to the spray shop :question: are you going to use it on contianer work
what did you use on the wheels they look good

the wheels are Alcoa Durabrites, but, they did not come up very good with just soap and water, it took me a few minutes just to get a small section of the rear wheel clean(ish) :confused:

i used the Alcoa wheel cleaning chemical (Alclean) on them, even though it does say “Not For Use On Durabrites” on the box :blush: :blush: :blush: , it was fine using that on them in a diluted form, the centre lift axle has got Stainless trims on and just used the steam cleaner and soapy water.

it will be pulling containers for now, if i can find other work away from containers, it will go onto that, but, it will need a shallow pin trailer, it will not fit on a deep pin trailer.

as for the spray shop, as and when the funds permit, unfortunately :cry:

i personally think it would look better in red :smiley:

as a side not, does anyone know of a company that can make fibreglass body panels? i need a side skirt for the near side and they are fibreglass :confused:

pm cpt spankie

I have seen that DAF it used to pull containers out of Felixstowe it used to be double manned a lot of the time.
A husband and wife team( i think) there was a write up in one of the truck magazines a while back about it.
Looks a lot better now than it did a credit to you !!!

For the fibre glass panel there is a company called Hatcher Components in Framlingham Suffolk that does mouldings
for trucks I’m sure they would be able to help!!

Shuttlespanker, am I right in thinking the cab conversion was done by airflow of Norfolk? I could be wrong, but I know that they have a long history of doing custom cab work. They did some rather exotic looking scania 2 and 3 series I think.

top work there mate

used the Alcoa wheel cleaning chemical (Alclean) on them, even though it does say “Not For Use On Durabrites” on the box

alcoa sent 2 guys to see my durabrite wheels cuz we wanted them changed under gaurentee cuz of what we thought were pitting it turns out brake dust sticks to the scratches he used alcoa wheel cleaner on them and they came up like new.alcoa have now said you can use the cleaner on durabrites after tests in america showed they dont harm the wheel

shuttlespanker:

Northern boy:
shuttlespanker that daf looks better now you have spent some time on it :smiley:
when is it going in to the spray shop :question: are you going to use it on contianer work

the wheels are Alcoa Durabrites, but, they did not come up very good with just soap and water, it took me a few minutes just to get a small section of the rear wheel clean(ish) :confused:

i used the Alcoa wheel cleaning chemical (Alclean) on them, even though it does say “Not For Use On Durabrites” on the box :blush: :blush: :blush: , it was fine using that on them in a diluted form, the centre lift axle has got Stainless trims on and just used the steam cleaner and soapy water.

it will be pulling containers for now, if i can find other work away from containers, it will go onto that, but, it will need a shallow pin trailer, it will not fit on a deep pin trailer.

as a side not, does anyone know of a company that can make fibreglass body panels? i need a side skirt for the near side and they are fibreglass :confused:

MINE ARE ALLOY I CAN PUT U ON TO HIM THAT MADE THEM FOR ME

shuttlespanker:

Northern boy:

Rob that looks a million times better with the interior sorted out…i will have to have a look when i come down…you will have some funds very soon so you can so you can sort out the paintwork… :wink: :wink: :wink: :smiley:

topboy trucker:

shuttlespanker:

Northern boy:

Rob that looks a million times better with the interior sorted out…i will have to have a look when i come down…you will have some funds very soon so you can so you can sort out the paintwork… :wink: :wink: :wink: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats looking good shuttle, ill look out for you next week

Is that kitchen floor lino now adorning the walls of the cab■■? :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused:

GAV LAA:
Is that kitchen floor lino now adorning the walls of the cab■■? :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused:

you will always find spankie in the kitchen at partys !! now then who sang that ey blast from the past? :wink:

globby 480:

GAV LAA:

you will always find spankie in the kitchen at partys !! now then who sang that ey blast from the past? :wink:

I think it was Jona lewie who sang that back in the 80’s.

topboy trucker:

globby 480:

GAV LAA:

I think it was Jona lewie who sang that back in the 80’s.

:wink: :wink:

I have a mind full of information…the problem is,it’s all crap… :laughing: :laughing:

have u got any more pictures of the inside and outside of the daf mate

ben

:smiley:

have not got anymore interior pics as yet, but a couple of exernal ones

still got more to do on the interior, although the microwave is now fitted in place in the side unit :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i’d be lost without that :blush:

i love ur truck spanky, do you have any idea who done the conversion?

chappy261:
i love ur truck spanky, do you have any idea who done the conversion?

company in Norfolk called Airflow did the conversion, they are still trading, but no longer doing cab conversions, that is now down to KUDA

are you take it prepared up for any shows for next year? could it be the only one in the uk?