Insuring young/inexperienced drivers

There was a white MAN with a tipper trl laid on its side on the A46 yesterday… Hopefully driver is ok.

Erm, it couldn’t be could it. Jesus, Matt has had more bad luck than me the poor bugger. Chin up dude.

It looked very similar unfortunately.

:frowning:

Yep was mine im afraid. Had a constant headache since Monday afternoon. Who would have thought??

Christ, sorry to hear that Matt, first and foremost I hope the lad is ok, but it does seem like he’s got some very basic problems with lorry control. Hope you can weather it out mate.

Bugger me Matt, was it yourself or this lad that went over.

Not me mate!! He said he was doing 10mph to the police but I dont believe it. The lad obviously doesn’t have any sense of responsibility as it took him 26 hours to contact me about it and say ‘sorry’. That word doesn’t quite cut it when I now have an absolute mess to sort out. He even managed a slight laugh when I asked what the ■■■■ had gone on. Thats 3 years of 7 days a week hard work gone in 4 days. Never again will I employ a driver.

Sod me, what a mess.

Can well understand how you feel.

Bloody hell mate , gutted for you, sounds a right mess

No way… so sorry to hear that. Surely you must be due some good luck from somewhere soon …

Sorry to hear that Matt.

That takes some doing 3 bumps in 4 days…hope you get to sort it out and move on from this episode…

th2013:
No way… so sorry to hear that. Surely you must be due some good luck from somewhere soon …

Same here mate, good luck soon.

Ill be moving on don’t you worry about that. Ive not done all this hard work for some prick to ■■■■ it all up. Ill be back…

xfmatt:
Ill be moving on don’t you worry about that. Ive not done all this hard work for some prick to [zb] it all up. Ill be back…

I really have felt for you as this thread progressed, especially this week. It really has been rotten luck, in 26 years I’ve never heard of anybody causing such mayhem in such a short space of time. It’s certainly taught me a lesson, I was thinking of putting a driver on my truck when I went on holiday next month, but there’s no way I would now.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, I’m sure you will be able to climb back. Keep your chin up, we’re all in your corner!

Im actually relieved its all over Harry. I wasnt worrying about him unless I got a phone call and that was it. Can’t believe the chain of events. Wish I hadn’t adopted the three strikes and your out policy!!

My dad had his own unit ,a w reg f12 that was his pride and joy,he did work for frigoscandia in the 80,s,we went on holliday and he trusted his mate with the lorry for 2 week,when we got back the man had taken his jack russell with him , spilt a jar of coffee and got grease on the light brown carpet,[ruined],put a massive dent in the middle of the 800litre tank,bent the nearside bumper and step,cracked the sun visor ,ate all his food and left him with a empty gas bottle,the lorry was ruined and never felt the same,i know its not the same as what you are dealing with matt but people sometimes are not what they seem,good luck m8, you dont seem to be someone who gets down easy :wink:

Emotions aside Matt - is the unit insured for total loss? Can you get another unit for the payout and get another motor on the road?
You made the decision to run a second truck and you obviously have the work to justify it.
It’s a bit like falling off a bike, you need to get straight back on again.
As Harry says I think most of us have experienced your ups and downs with this thread and wish you the best of luck.

xfmatt:
Not me mate!! He said he was doing 10mph to the police but I dont believe it. The lad obviously doesn’t have any sense of responsibility as it took him 26 hours to contact me about it and say ‘sorry’. That word doesn’t quite cut it when I now have an absolute mess to sort out. He even managed a slight laugh when I asked what the [zb] had gone on. Thats 3 years of 7 days a week hard work gone in 4 days. Never again will I employ a driver.

the tacho reading will show how fast he was going