Installation of In-Cab Camera's

S & J have recently purchased and installed the latest in in-cab camera technology. The system from Smart Witness gives reassurance to both the customers and the drivers that the vehicle, and goods it carries is being driven by the best in the industry

2 New Scania Artic’s Arrive
The second of 2 new Scania Artics have arrived with S & J . equipped with the latest technology these vehicles will able able to deliver good more economically, safely and reliably than ever before.
The additions to the fleet have already been liveried in the S & J brand, and can be seen up and down the country delivering our customers goods.

I think one of the above,or both are the Reason for need of Driver
but looks a good Company to me

sj-haulage.co.uk/Content/news.html

This is just silly now.

:question:

If its to stop this “Crash for Cash” I can see why, apart from that I cannot see any benefit ?

Just make shore its faceing forward or turn off when your getting ready for your night out or the customer might have a shock :laughing: :blush:

My boss won’t have them, we’re old school. :wink:

we have got them can’t see any problem with them as they aren’t recording what you do all the time and they only record to hard drive every now and again.Also if your drive normaly you have nothing to fear may even save your bacon 1 day.

I was asked to source a supplier of these DVR’s about 4 weeks ago for Techno Solutions (Yes I’m still retired but happy to help)

After recieving litterally hundreds of quotes back from my contacts in China It surprised me just how much these systems have advanced from what was just hidden cameras in keyrings etc early last year.

One company sent a reply simply saying they had a UK distributor and directed me to their website, I’ll not mention names but the DVR contains the likes of GPS / Google Maps and G Force Impact Save i.e it stores the video preventing overwriting in the event of a sudden stop etc at a ridiculously inflated price compared to other companies.

Prices are not that expensive for the all bells and whistles models but I recieved a couple of the cheaper ones for evaluating yesterday (Monday) and the quality is pretty impressive, nope I’m not on a hard sell here because I’m retired, but for the sake of £50 or £60 or even cheaper if you can get them, they should be accepted by insurance companies and users given a discount to make them worth fitting.

Even the dual camera DVR’s that record both outside and inside the vehicle can be bought now for around the £100 mark or less and again should be met with lower insurance premiums.

I know folk knock them but when that day arrives where an accident is caught proving someone other than the driver was to blame it’s got to be worth it for the piece of mind alone. I’ve seen cases where a mysterious witness turns up weeks after the accident (In My Sons Case after just passing his car test) and his insurance were happy to cough up until I pointed out the discrepancies in this witnesses statement to both insurance companies involved, they reviewed it and settled knock for knock after involving the police about the witness statement he resulted in withdrawing.

Companies Like S & J might have a discount for their insurance for those vehicles, who knows?

But if they are going to be a benefit to the company or the driver then good on them is my opinion, Surely it must be better spending £350 - £400 (If thats what their paying) for a camera system rather than £400 for Bull Bars and Shiny wheel hub caps etc?

Davey Driver:
But if they are going to be a benefit to the company or the driver then good on them is my opinion, Surely it must be better spending £350 - £400 (If thats what their paying) for a camera system rather than £400 for Bull Bars and Shiny wheel hub caps etc?

It’s more an idealogical thing with me- I was brought up to believe that Soviet Communism was evil because citizens were constantly recorded as they went about their daily business. So how come it is fine now?

I run my own personal DVR in cab, forward facing, I don’t move without it running, cost me £26.00 from eBay inc postage, absolutely great peice of kit, I consider it my get out of jail card heaven forbid something nasty happens and I need to prove I didn’t do anything wrong. I can link to my model if any other drivers are interested. There is a plethora or cheap rubbish ones on eBay but although mine was cheap it does the job great, runs 1280x960 @ 30fps, just bearable in both respects but good enough for the above.

Will upgrade to the gps 1900x1080p 60fps model later this year for sure, the one I have works well at night btw.

What happened to good old fashioned trust.

ajt:
What happened to good old fashioned trust.

he got sued for damages, and is living in a box under a flyover somewhere. :angry:

All of Bedfords vehicles after 57 plate have them.

I was in an 11 Stralis today with one in.

Ken.

Is it me, or did Immigrant forget that he was foreign for a while? He spelt most things right!!! :open_mouth: BUSTED

Quinny:
All of Bedfords vehicles after 57 plate have them.

I was in an 11 Stralis today with one in.

Ken.

You poor soul , we will all keep our fingers crossed for it doesn’t happen again :wink: :slight_smile:

bigvern1:
Is it me, or did Immigrant forget that he was foreign for a while? He spelt most things right!!! :open_mouth: BUSTED

Told to give him a break the other night as he couldn`t help it.

If driveroneuk or whoever could explain this transition I would be most grateful. :sunglasses:

All our buses have them.
Saved me last thursday.
Pulling away from traffic lights, a car came up the inside and cut in front of me and I caught his n/s/r quarter panel and bumper.
African driver jumps out and starts screaming that it was my fault, when I pointed to the foward facing cameras, his attitude changed completly!!

aranger:

bigvern1:

If driveroneuk or whoever could explain this transition I would be most grateful. :sunglasses:

most of it is copy and paste from a press release ! I think Fred only wrote the 2 lines at the bottom :wink:

although his English does get better when he sends pm’s :unamused:

Denis F:

aranger:

bigvern1:

most of it is copy and paste from a press release ! I think Fred only wrote the 2 lines at the bottom :wink:

although his English does get better when he sends pm’s :unamused:

Cheers Denis, its the reaction to his threads I find funny, was just checking if he really posts drivel or not so the fun could continue.

Harry Monk:
It’s more an idealogical thing with me- I was brought up to believe that Soviet Communism was evil because citizens were constantly recorded as they went about their daily business. So how come it is fine now?

Because its a sad fact Harry that times have changed, it’s a compensation culture now so even the slightest thing could encourage a false claim against the haulier, but if it proves one way or another who’s right and wrong then I’m for it but as I say, in fairness insurance companies should offer a discount as it could save them money in the long run.

We were actually supplied one by our Insurance company for the truck, touch wood it’s not come in handy yet, but it’s nice to know it could just give us a helping hand should things go badly!