Installation of In-Cab Camera's

Davey Driver:

Harry Monk:
It’s more an idealogical thing with me- I was brought up to believe that Soviet Communism was evil because citizens were constantly recorded as they went about their daily business. So how come it is fine now?

Because its a sad fact Harry that times have changed, it’s a compensation culture now so even the slightest thing could encourage a false claim against the haulier, but if it proves one way or another who’s right and wrong then I’m for it but as I say, in fairness insurance companies should offer a discount as it could save them money in the long run.

and if the Camera shows you cooking Spagetty when you have an Accident they will claim Costs from you.

dew:
We were actually supplied one by our Insurance company for the truck, touch wood it’s not come in handy yet, but it’s nice to know it could just give us a helping hand should things go badly!

When I worked for Comet a few years ago. They were installed in all of our trucks. Forward facing, and in the cab. The gaffers used them to have a go at us, when we were heard calling them “rhymes with James Blunts!”

Immigrant:
and if the Camera shows you cooking Spagetty when you have an Accident they will claim Costs from you.

And rightfully so as well :slight_smile:

bigvern1:

dew:
We were actually supplied one by our Insurance company for the truck, touch wood it’s not come in handy yet, but it’s nice to know it could just give us a helping hand should things go badly!

When I worked for Comet a few years ago. They were installed in all of our trucks. Forward facing, and in the cab. The gaffers used them to have a go at us, when we were heard calling them “rhymes with James Blunts!”

99% sure this one doesn’t record sound (or not massivly well anyway), looking around the retail of this unit in particular was a few hundred quid, so they must think it’s worth supplying!

dew:
99% sure this one doesn’t record sound (or not massivly well anyway), looking around the retail of this unit in particular was a few hundred quid, so they must think it’s worth supplying!

The 2 samples I have here retail for around the £50 mark and both have sound plus the small 2.5" colour screen so I should imagine the dearer ones would also have sound capability now, you can turn the Mic off manually though.

But looking at the specifications of the top end models selling for around £400 at the moment, they should fall down to around £200 - £250 retail by next year as they come complete with hard drive and upto 3 cameras plus built in google map and GPS recorder, in fact to be honest I cant see why they are so expensive now when I’ve seen what the trade price is for them

This one does GPS and whatnot (I was trying to avoid mentioning a brand name, but just think of the name of a piece of tarmac, then the name of a bird) Looking maybe it does have sound, gotta stop singing along to the radio then! :laughing: