Insecure Load - 17/09/14

Saw the filth having a word with this chap earlier…

Saggy bottom :smiley: :smiley:

Original picture looks a bit dark on my phone. Here’s a lighter version.

tango boy:

The driver or the lorry?

The driver’s got a cracking set of ■■■■ on him. :laughing:

Contraflow:

tango boy:

The driver or the lorry?

The driver’s got a cracking set of ■■■■ on him. :laughing:

Nice :laughing: :laughing:

I never did like the look of those hay lorries when fully loaded maybe he just clipped a bridge as they do stack them high.

At least it ain’t all over the road unlike the one on the M6 monday :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Looks like a plant trailer to me and loaded on the ramps. Cheers darren

bald bloke:
I never did like the look of those hay lorries when fully loaded maybe he just clipped a bridge as they do stack them high.

If he did, he’s come a loooonnnngggg way with them hanging off the back like that. There are no bridges for miles. :open_mouth:

It looked more to me like he’d booted it at some point (probably to get onto the roundabout that’s a quarter of a mile behind him) and they’ve gone over because he was too fat and sweaty to secure them properly.

#tnukcsi :sunglasses:

Ive often thought that is one commodity that I would not like to have to secure and drive. That photo reinforces that view!
Bloody horrible stuff.
Loads of empty pallets is another one I don’t like the look of.

Am i seeing right,has that mucky get got no top on with a stick on belly like that :unamused: :unamused: i bet the copper came out with some sort of sarky comment about his body being out,i would have done him for insecure load on 2 accounts,no wonder lorrydrivers have stereotypes :blush:

seth 70:
Am i seeing right,has that mucky get got no top on with a stick on belly like that :unamused: :unamused: i bet the copper came out with some sort of sarky comment about his body being out,i would have done him for insecure load on 2 accounts,no wonder lorrydrivers have stereotypes :blush:

:laughing:

That’s a good overhang you have there fatty :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Ooops.

Of course in the old days we used to put a cross on the back and the front of a load, but nowadays it seems that the general idea is that these straps are so much better than ropes that it just isn’t necessary anymore.

I’ve seen this lots of times with the big hestons the greedy farmers squash the last row on from behind if you don’t strap over the back once you set off they expand until more than half the bale comes over the back end tipping them like that .

Better then this numpty who used bailer twine.

I was loading straw at a farm in Essex , farmer Giles puts the front bales on first 5bales high or whatever it was …
" Hang on a min I said that looks a bit high ,"tape measure out and it’s getting on for 17’ :open_mouth:
So take them off and rearrange them to reduce the height a bit …
Farmers phone then goes , my boss on the phone to him "you know that load you put on last night ,well it was too high and it’s lying on the m6 just after the first bridge "
How I laughed :wink: , the driver in question was quite green and not the sharpest tool in the box , obviously didn’t have or use a tape either :blush:

Must say the first load do straw I took I was papping myself for the first few miles .
I did have the back bales move about 6" sideways once but was alerted to it by a truck behind :sunglasses: (thanks mate :wink: ) that was the only time I set off without crossing 2 straps over the back . X.
You do get used to it but I’m quite glad I don’t do straw these days . :grimacing:

Contraflow:
Original picture looks a bit dark on my phone. Here’s a lighter version.

Is that a bit of polythene or a ghostly figure in the hedge ?

I don’t see the problem, he’s strapped the back bales, what more could he have done?

Erm… How about making sure the centre of gravity of the rear most stack was far forward enough that, IT COULDN’T TIP BACKWARDS!!!

Or if you must stack it to the gunnels, He must, it’s a hay lorry, then strap it the ■■■■ down so that won’t happen. Yes he has used straps, but clearly either not enough, or more likely not in the right way!!