Insecure Load - 17/09/14

bertiebus:
Better then this numpty who used bailer twine.

Cheers jackdaw…

Needed a change of pants after he dumped his load all over the m55 50 yards infront of me.

Think some of you need some new specs. It hasn’t “gone over” it has been loaded like that sitting on the beaver tail of the plant trailer. Should have had a wedge infill.

Straw, especially in big rectangular bales is a very solid load. Small bales of hay are the worst. You want to try riding atop a load of hay coming up rough farm lanes from the field!

Driveroneuk:
Think some of you need some new specs. It hasn’t “gone over” it has been loaded like that sitting on the beaver tail of the plant trailer. Should have had a wedge infill.

The picture is a still from my own dash-cam. I drove past him twice. Once before plod arrived and once after.

Having seen it twice with my own peepers, I can confirm, without any doubt, that it was not a plant trailer and the bales had indeed gone over.

What Punchy Dan says is probably what happened and it is you that should have gone to Specsavers.

Well it is a step frame for starters which is an indication it might be a plant trailer.

If its just a flat, why haven’t they fallen off altogether?

What’s the black upright thing behind the 2 bottom bales? A ramp perhaps?

(I am looking at the light adjusted photo opened up to full size).

Driveroneuk:

Straw, especially in big rectangular bales is a very solid load. Small bales of hay are the worst. You want to try riding atop the load coming up rough lanes from the field!

Surely nobody would load a trailer like that, would they. :open_mouth:

Hmmm there does seam to be a dark patch over the bottom bales resembling a drop down ramp ? Even if it was a beaver tail I’d of pushed the 2nd &3rd layer forward to meet the others .how ever expansion is my thought ,seen it a lot with these greedy tight fisted joskins .

Dan Punchard:
Hmmm there does seam to be a dark patch over the bottom bales resembling a drop down ramp ? Even if it was a beaver tail I’d of pushed the 2nd &3rd layer forward to meet the others .how ever expansion is my thought ,seen it a lot with these greedy tight fisted joskins .

So would I Dan. Straw doesn’t really expand. Straw bales are very solid and compact unlike hay.

shoudda been 2 high and a binder with each bale strapped with a cross back and front as well :laughing: :laughing:

My Dad says it’s the older bales that expand and have been got mouldy underneath that they squash on which normally end up at the power station ,the new ones get squashed on but tend to stay ok if you strap over the back ,I’ve picked up the ones he’s lost ! Some at the white post roundabout A614 ,and also such drivers used to loose bales by the river bridge at Gainsborough down on to the grass .

What’s the black upright thing behind the 2 bottom bales? A ramp perhaps?

A shadow? Perhaps…

Seems I may have to eat humble pie :blush: (though you must admit the original pic is pretty unclear)

hay 2.jpg

Edit: I’d managed to zoom in a bit more but it seems not to have saved it :frowning:

This Mazda pick-up was on the highway outside Bangkok doing about 70mph. I reckon it was carrying about 112 small bales.
That’s about 2 1/2 ton on a 1/2 ton pick-up.

Pah! That’s in a city, up in Chang Mai that load would be on a scooter :wink:

F-reds:
Pah! That’s in a city, up in Chang Mai that load would be on a scooter :wink:

Together with family of 4, dog & 5 bags of shopping :open_mouth: