Innovate Problems?

Hi,
This is my first post here, so be gentle :wink:

I was looking at working for Innovate Logistics, but I keep hearing rumours of problems (redundancies, etc).

Are any of the rumours true?

I know one of the gaffers there and was talkng to him only last night , he suggested if I were ever to be looking for a drive ,to give him a bell , never mentioned any ā€˜problemsā€™

Just turned down a job in Scunthorpe with them on a new contract for Somerfields, they are as far as I am aware having no problems, quite the opposite in fact.

impished:
Hi,
This is my first post here, so be gentle :wink:

I was looking at working for Innovate Logistics, but I keep hearing rumours of problems (redundancies, etc).

Are any of the rumours true?

dont most firms eventually realise there a bit top heavy :wink: :wink:

You tend to hear mixed storys about them some say great others call them Indimidate Logistics or Inastate logistics. Many former Corby drivers dont like it as they apparently according to driver rumour mill were on a easy/good thing but now get numpty planning from innovate planners.

Imp:
others call them Indimidate Logistics.

Usually people with a cleft palate.

Brilliant!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My dad works for them. He likes it there. Hes getting old, and his old place had a new boss which made him work alot harder, work weekends and other stuff. At Innavate hes more relaxed, doesnt have to do as much and doesnt take as many head ache pills, hes home early aswell. Oh and hes getting fatter from working there. :laughing:
The oly thing i think is strange is that they are watched with MPG and other stuff. And the fact the truck gets washed after every time out.
He works at the one at Belleu Park(think thats how its spelt) in Annesley.

Edward Teller:
Just turned down a job in Scunthorpe with them on a new contract for Somerfields, they are as far as I am aware having no problems, quite the opposite in fact.

sommerfields are due to be sold soon so maybe the rumour comes from there

AFAIK, apart from shedding some excess baggage from the upper echelons, Innov@te are doing quite nicely.

As already intimated, they have a ā€˜cost focusā€™ attitude which, whilst not a bad consideration in the general manner of things, is then let down by planners scheduling vehicles for, what turn out to be, non-existent loads.

Some of their trailers, acquired through various acquisitions, tend to be beyond their ā€˜best beforeā€™ date, but that is only to be expected.

And the fact the truck gets washed after every time out

I would suggest a look at the site at Manton Wood,which will change your mind about that then.

One of my agencyā€™s customers,uses the Manton Wood site to store their product,which is taken there from Bradford,and on my last visit there,around Xmas time,you wouldnā€™t know that the name on the truck/trailer,was Innovate.

And if you go for a job at this site,learn Polish,as even some of the office staff are Poles.

Some of their trailers, acquired through various acquisitions, tend to be beyond their ā€˜best beforeā€™ date, but that is only to be expected.

So do some of the Corby Chilled units.In fact on my last visit above,the shunter was using an 03 plate Scania,which looked like it was 40 year old,not 4.

Ken.

(PS.Post 2000. :smiley: )

We have been in a consultation period for a while with regards moveing the Alcester operation to Aston Birmingham.But was told Friday, that wont be happening and Alcester depot is staying put!" KRANKEE" is right about excess bagage upper echelons going, but no drivers being made redundant.

Mike-C:

Imp:
others call them Indimidate Logistics.

Usually people with a cleft palate.

Your wasted on here mike c

tasty:
.But was told Friday,

I was aware of the date of the announcement, but not the result.

Thanks for that.

Frankly, from Day One, I was of the opinion that the move would never happen. Purely on the grounds of Logistics. As the more I learnt about the move, the surer I became that it would never achieve fruition.

The sad thing is that numerous (in the low hundreds) of drivers have been living with an uncertain future for, probably, the best part of nine months (or is it longer?) A number have ā€˜jumped shipā€™ acknowledging that driving opportunities in the area are a finite resource, and they not wishing to find themselves picking up the dregs.

A lot of heartache and ill feeling could have been avoided had management realised at an earlier stage that the proposed move was an aspiration rather than an inspiration.
:wink:

JoeG:
My dad works for them. He likes it there. Hes getting old, and his old place had a new boss which made him work alot harder, work weekends and other stuff. At Innavate hes more relaxed, doesnt have to do as much and doesnt take as many head ache pills, hes home early aswell. Oh and hes getting fatter from working there. :laughing:
The oly thing i think is strange is that they are watched with MPG and other stuff. And the fact the truck gets washed after every time out.

Belle au park is in bilsthorpe joe. Phil hanleys yard. I cant remember the name of the one at annesley just off junction27

Thats right mate and if the few drivers that have left decide to come back then ā€œBINGOā€ for inov@te they wil be on an Inov@te contractā€¦And will have lost their Express or Corby contract. Fair play though they did promise Ā£300 to any staff that stuck out the consultation period.

so the rumours are finally over lol we ( langdons) are not moving to alcester lol

JB:

JoeG:

Belle au park is in bilsthorpe joe. Phil hanleys yard. I cant remember the name of the one at annesley just off junction27

Thats the one. Realised i spelt it wrong when i went past it today. Doh!
The trucks there are washed after everytime they are taken out, and refueled. They arent washed if it is freezing or in high winds though because the washing machine doesnt work. I went past it today and sw most of the fleet looking very shiny.

i dont know how to put this without being censored but one of the name i have heard for them is self loving logistics or to put it another way what Mr Bates was called as a young lad :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:

And the fact the truck gets washed after every time out

I would suggest a look at the site at Manton Wood,which will change your mind about that then.

One of my agencyā€™s customers,uses the Manton Wood site to store their product,which is taken there from Bradford,and on my last visit there,around Xmas time,you wouldnā€™t know that the name on the truck/trailer,was Innovate.

And if you go for a job at this site,learn Polish,as even some of the office staff are Poles.

So do some of the Corby Chilled units.In fact on my last visit above,the shunter was using an 03 plate Scania,which looked like it was 40 year old,not 4.

Ken.

(PS.Post 2000. :smiley: )

im not suprised some are looking a bit tired , there run 24/7 , the drivers seat never gets cold, but even with 800,000 plus on them , id take one every day over the volvos, m.a.n, s and space cabs in the yard