Infringement

Hi, so last night I went 1 minute over my 6 hours. What will my employer say and what action is taken against me? Sorry if its a daft question I’m a new driver of about 4 months. First time I’ve gone over my hours as there was a road closure and i didn’t have anywhere to stop until I got to my drop.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

You will be sacked then reported to the Department of Silly Drives where you will be suspended from a washing line untill completly wrung out to dry.

Waldini1985:
Hi, so last night I went 1 minute over my 6 hours. What will my employer say and what action is taken against me? Sorry if its a daft question I’m a new driver of about 4 months. First time I’ve gone over my hours as there was a road closure and i didn’t have anywhere to stop until I got to my drop.

Thanks in advance

I don’t know what you’ve been told to think that this is an issue or why “action” would be taken against you.

No one important cares about the WTD pish, this is so unfathomably insignificant that I can’t describe it.

Do not worry yourself with things like this.

Nothing will happen just get a copy of infringement which you sign possibly get a telling off from dvsa if you get stopped if it happens again and it’s out of your control ie accident etc. Just get a printout of your tachograph for the day and write an explanation on the back incase you get stopped you shouldn’t get a fine for this unless you get some little jumped up dictator on a power trip

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

barrycrosby1978:
Nothing will happen just get a copy of infringement which you sign possibly get a telling off from dvsa if you get stopped if it happens again and it’s out of your control ie accident etc. Just get a printout of your tachograph for the day and write an explanation on the back incase you get stopped you shouldn’t get a fine for this unless you get some little jumped up dictator on a power trip

You will not get a “telling off” from DVSA, you do not need a tachograph printout and you will never get a fine.

TheUncaringCowboy:

barrycrosby1978:

You will not get a “telling off” from DVSA, you do not need a tachograph printout and you will never get a fine.

+1.
I know the o/p is a new driver, but all this type of crap is not worth bothering your arse about.
Ffs :unamused: …The job is bad but not THAT bad, enough for drivers to fall into the trap (that is set for them by many operators :unamused: ) to think the world is going to end for them if they go over their time by a few minutes…and especially stuff to do with ■■■■ WTD !! (which is complete ■■■■■■■■ anyway :unamused: )
DVSA are only interested in the ■■■■ takers who flaunt the rules with complete disregard, not the guy who makes a trivial and genuine mistake whilst doing his job.
95% of VOSA/DVSA guys that have pulled me have been fine and polite as long as you are the same with them. :bulb:

@O/P…Crap happens in this job, you know that, they know that,.
The job has not has not got so bad YET where you are going to get nicked for every trivial thing you do wrong on your card.
Just try your best to keep in with the ridiculously over complicated rules and regs they have set you, the best you can, …it has always worked for me anyway. :bulb:

I think this type of ‘fear’ amongst drivers today is caused by these up their own arse type firms who have these jumped up clowns doing…‘‘debriefing’’ :unamused: after a shift, who in reality know the far end of f.all about the job in real terms.
They fill drivers heads with all sorts of crap telling them ‘‘How wrong it is’’ to do this that and the other on their cards. :unamused:

One minute on WTD may get noticed on some companies, but no authorities in the UK will be fussed.
Just notice how the best laid plans go astray and see if you can get your required breaks in earlier if possible. Not always do-able of course.

Everyone goes over the WTD by mistake every now and again, because they’re correctly trying to keep onside the important standard drivers hours regs and because bloody EU apparatchiks got involved we’re trying to run two sets of rules side by side.

The mind boggles what will you do if there was something more serious than going over 6 hrs by a minute.
You will be ready for an appointment with a shrink,if a minute gets you into a panic.
Ever give it a thought as to why you needed to go 6 hrs without a break,most drivers would be looking for a break after about 4 to 4.30.irrespective of any driving time or WTD

Although unlikely to get a fine for a minor breach you could get one also my understanding of the regulations is if you do breach due to unavoidable issues you are required to show a tachograph printout if pulled by dvsa

Waldini1985:
Hi, so last night I went 1 minute over my 6 hours.

I recon I can beat that one, because on Weds I went 8hrs 50 mins before I remembered I needed a break (on 4hr driving).

Am I gonna burn in Hell?
Nah just sign the bit of paper, look remorseful, go home and crack open a beer

I’m usually…

Stopped for 20 minutes in the first two hours of any shift, sometimes I’ll really push it and do three whole hours!!!

barrycrosby1978:
Although unlikely to get a fine for a minor breach you could get one also my understanding of the regulations is if you do breach due to unavoidable issues you are required to show a tachograph printout if pulled by dvsa

No, you could not get one. No one is going to fine anyone for this. Stop spewing pish.

Nor will anyone of any importance care about an excuse or expect a printout, this will not even be mentioned at any roadside check.

Robroy you say the “fear” is caused by debriefing clowns, folk like this here don’t help matters, totally clueless about it but still say “oh you could get a fine”.

For everything that is Holy mother of god, ten hail Mary, the bishop will bash you,.

1 minute over, 1 whole trucking minute over, not 2, but 1 whole minute. Nothing in the WORLD will happen to you. If pointy shoes says different, look him in the eyes and laugh…

I use the wtd to get extra tea drinking time in, one at 1000hrs and next at 1500hrs,

Thank God no one was killed !!!

TheUncaringCowboy:
Robroy you say the “fear” is caused by debriefing clowns, folk like this here don’t help matters, totally clueless about it but still say “oh you could get a fine”.

:laughing: :laughing:
It’s just the way the system has got them mate, by listening to dicks in offices spouting corporate crap, then they repeat it in rdc.s, then the more driver that they repeat it to, the more the rest of them listen, believe it, and continue the process.
A bit like Chinese whispers. :smiley:

Waldini1985:

Thanks in advance

WOW that is serious 1 min over TC will want a word you will be fired and i think youll be looking at time

robroy:

TheUncaringCowboy:

barrycrosby1978:

+1.
I know the o/p is a new driver, but all this type of crap is not worth bothering your arse about.
Ffs :unamused: …The job is bad but not THAT bad, enough for drivers to fall into the trap (that is set for them by many operators :unamused: ) to think the world is going to end for them if they go over their time by a few minutes…and especially stuff to do with [zb] WTD !! (which is complete ■■■■■■■■ anyway :unamused: )
DVSA are only interested in the ■■■■ takers who flaunt the rules with complete disregard, not the guy who makes a trivial and genuine mistake whilst doing his job.
95% of VOSA/DVSA guys that have pulled me have been fine and polite as long as you are the same with them. :bulb:

@O/P…Crap happens in this job, you know that, they know that,.
The job has not has not got so bad YET where you are going to get nicked for every trivial thing you do wrong on your card.
Just try your best to keep in with the ridiculously over complicated rules and regs they have set you, the best you can, …it has always worked for me anyway. :bulb:

I think this type of ‘fear’ amongst drivers today is caused by these up their own arse type firms who have these jumped up clowns doing…‘‘debriefing’’ :unamused: after a shift, who in reality know the far end of f.all about the job in real terms.
They fill drivers heads with all sorts of crap telling them ‘‘How wrong it is’’ to do this that and the other on their cards. :unamused:

Welcome to my world mate go over by 1min in my company and it’s an INVESTIGATION two drivers off the road for 2hours two team leaders to investigate all for 1 bloody min welcome to the co-op

Going one minute over time will result in the death sentence, last time i looked it is lethal injection but expect at least ten years on death row,if you have seen the greatest films ever made Papillon with the late Steve Mqueen and Dustin Hoffman , they were both Hgv drivers sentenced to death on that isolated island for tipping on break at Aldi in Warrington .

Brilliant tarmaceater am now cleaning wine of my screen :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: