Infringement help.

Any help with how this is an infringement? Not mine another driver but my minds blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless there’s a company rule that says you have to have 30 minutes break before exceeding 6 hours working time I can’t see an infringement.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:
Unless there’s a company rule that says you have to have 30 minutes break before exceeding 6 hours working time I can’t see an infringement.

Sent from my mobile.

Glad you said that as I was gonna post the same but hesitated in case I made myself look like a fool :smiley: :smiley:

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

Thank you. Never used to be that rule but Surly the law is the law though?

Clean as a whistle. Even checked the rest of the shift.

Software definitely says WTD so not a company policy its seeing.

Low mileage for a 15 reg lol

barber90:

tachograph:

Within the realms of the law a company can have whatever rules they like.

I agree with Conor that it cannot technically be a WTD infringement but I’m sure we’ve seen before companies insisting on drivers having 30 minutes for the 6 hour rule and calling it a WTD infringement.

The driver should query the infringement and see what the company say :wink:

tachograph:

barber90:

tachograph:

I agree with Conor that it cannot technically be a WTD infringement but I’m sure we’ve seen before companies insisting on drivers having 30 minutes for the 6 hour rule and calling it a WTD infringement.

^^^that

Our company do this. I got loads of "wtd infringements ", because I often took a 15 before 6 hours duty, and a 15, or 30 as required, between 6 and 9 hours duty. No matter how much I explained/argued , they wouldn’t have it that you can split that 30 minutes. Like king ■■■■■ I gave up, and just take a 30 minute break before 6 hours.

Who am I to argue if my boss wants me to take longer breaks? :grimacing:

Get someone to click the warning and it’ll take you to a detailed explanation of why it thinks it’s an infringement

At least then you can look and try work out what it’s on about

I use Tachomaster at home for my own use and can’t recall coming across a setting that lets you set minimum break to 30min rather than the legal defined 15min if doing a split break

tachograph:

barber90:

tachograph:

It was the T.M who asked me for their help [emoji23]

barber90:

tachograph:

It was the T.M who asked me for their help [emoji23]

:laughing:

All hope is lost then :grimacing:

I can’t see an issue.
So unless someone explains it to you. Then I’d refuse to sign the paperwork or accept it.
As you don’t know what your signing for

As others have said nothing wrong , it must be a Company rule and their read machine is set for 30 mins in 6.
BUT why only have 16 minutes in 7 hrs work,for me it would have been 30 mins at least

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

I’ve always thought WTD wasn’t dictated by the company but rather by the EU laws?

Edit: nm, i thought it was 30 min break every 6 hrs not 15.

Pallal:
I’ve always thought WTD wasn’t dictated by the company but rather by the EU laws?

Edit: nm, i thought it was 30 min break every 6 hrs not 15.

For the “DCPC is a load of crap and we don’t need it” brigade…

Example of why it is clearly needed.

I think this refers to the Working Time Directive; of needing to take a 20 minute break before working six hours.

Notice the warning comes exactly six hours and one minute after he put his card in the slot as he has only taking a 16 minute break.

I always take a 20 minute break after working 2-3 hours irregardless of driving time; then another 30 minute break before 4.30 hrs of driving time.

As I tell my boss everyday: “you cannot rush a good job”! :smiley:

lolipop:
As others have said nothing wrong , it must be a Company rule and their read machine is set for 30 mins in 6.
BUT why only have 16 minutes in 7 hrs work,for me it would have been 30 mins at least

Job and knock maybe? finish 15 mins earlier.

I think what it is saying is that the 16mins rest (for drivers hrs) is not WTD as the min reqd for WTD is 20mins. So, if the clock started at 06.07, then BY THE TIME of 6hrs and 1 minute later- 12.08, then the 20 mins MUST have started.
AFAIR, the WTD says you can work without a break for upto 6hrs, but bang on the time of 6hrs you must then start the minimum break. It doesn’t require that in the first 6hrs you must work 5hrs 40 as well as have the 20mins break

Acorn:
I think what it is saying is that the 16mins rest (for drivers hrs) is not WTD as the min reqd for WTD is 20mins. So, if the clock started at 06.07, then BY THE TIME of 6hrs and 1 minute later- 12.08, then the 20 mins MUST have started.
AFAIR, the WTD says you can work without a break for upto 6hrs, but bang on the time of 6hrs you must then start the minimum break. It doesn’t require that in the first 6hrs you must work 5hrs 40 as well as have the 20mins break

Nooooooooooooooooo

The 20 minute thing comes from the “working time regulations 1998” otherwise known as the general WTD, drivers work to the road transport working time regulations 2005.

tachograph:

Acorn:

Nooooooooooooooooo

The 20 minute thing comes from the “working time regulations 1998” otherwise known as the general WTD, drivers work to the road transport working time regulations 2005.

I’m agreeing with you. The 16mins in the OP was for drivers hrs rest and does not count for WTD, that is, in my view, why it was that 6hrs after starting work in the absence of starting the 20 min WTD break that the infringement started.
Had he had a 20/21 min rest instead of16mins it could have served as a rest for both.