Infringement help.

Acorn:

tachograph:

Acorn:
I think what it is saying is that the 16mins rest (for drivers hrs) is not WTD as the min reqd for WTD is 20mins. So, if the clock started at 06.07, then BY THE TIME of 6hrs and 1 minute later- 12.08, then the 20 mins MUST have started.
AFAIR, the WTD says you can work without a break for upto 6hrs, but bang on the time of 6hrs you must then start the minimum break. It doesn’t require that in the first 6hrs you must work 5hrs 40 as well as have the 20mins break

Nooooooooooooooooo

The 20 minute thing comes from the “working time regulations 1998” otherwise known as the general WTD, drivers work to the road transport working time regulations 2005.

I’m agreeing with you. The 16mins in the OP was for drivers hrs rest and does not count for WTD, that is, in my view, why it was that 6hrs after starting work in the absence of starting the 20 min WTD break that the infringement started.
Had he had a 20/21 min rest instead of16mins it could have served as a rest for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acorn:

tachograph:
Nooooooooooooooooo

The 20 minute thing comes from the “working time regulations 1998” otherwise known as the general WTD, drivers work to the road transport working time regulations 2005.

I’m agreeing with you. The 16mins in the OP was for drivers hrs rest and does not count for WTD, that is, in my view, why it was that 6hrs after starting work in the absence of starting the 20 min WTD break that the infringement started.
Had he had a 20/21 min rest instead of16mins it could have served as a rest for both.

You’re missing the point, the OP didn’t need 20 minutes because the general WTD doesn’t apply to drivers.

The 16 minutes he had counted for the drivers hours and the WTD.

Sent from my mobile.

Is the picture in the first post making the page too wide :question:

ROG:
Is the picture in the first post making the page too wide :question:

It’s not widening the page for me but at 1,242px × 1,656px it is too big really, it would have been better if it had been either resized or posted as an attachment.

The twenty minute notion is new to me, I thought it was 15 minutes minimum:

There are though additional break requirements under the new Road Transport Regulations where driving is combined with other work. The 2005 Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005 specify that when performing mixed duties (driving and loading/unloading for example) no mobile worker should work more than 6 consecutive hours without taking a break. However when driving, breaks specified under the European Drivers’ Hours Rules continue to take precedence.
If you work between 6 and 9 hours a day breaks of at least 30 minutes in total are required.
If you work more than 9 hours a day breaks of at least 45 minutes in total are required.
All breaks should be at least 15 minutes long.

EDIT: Additionally, Tachomaster’s own pdf download (age 21, section “5.4 Breaks” states exactly the same.