Info wanted on this Truck (2)

fleetex.co.uk/spec_sheet.asp?UnitID=4093

Has to be Boughey?

Again, what type of condition is it likely to be in? I don’t mean cosmetically, just mechanically. It’s done 604,000 km, what is an Actros like at this mileage? Are there any known problems at this mileage?

Fleetex want £28k for it, if anyone has bought from Fleetex before and driven their windscreen price downwards, how far would you try to get that price down?

Its one of Funstons

http://www.funstons.co.uk/page528/fun.aspx

They are very comfortable to drive and live in, but I couldn’t give you much info to reliability sorry.

Doesn’t look like Boughey’s. Different shade of blue and i don’t remember seeing them with Mercs. Although someone will no doubt prove me wrong. :wink: :wink:

OK, Funstons, ta. Usual question, has it been looked after properly with regard to servicing etc?

Im liking these ‘Guess The Truck’ style posts Harry. When is Part 3? :smiley:

damoq:
Im liking these ‘Guess The Truck’ style posts Harry. When is Part 3? :smiley:

I will be buying a tractor unit of this age and type around May, and anything which catches my eye will be run past the assembled wisdom of TruckNet members for their comments… I can’t think of a better way of avoiding a lemon than by taking advice “from the horse’s mouth”.

I do enjoy trying to work out which fleet they have come from, stripped of the vinyl too, so I am sure there will be a Part 3! :smiley:

no auto box and maybe a bit over priced for 600km, should be priced nearer £20k. Only thing that can play up is brake calipers, easy to service yourself as the service due items on the computer can be reset from the dashboard.

Big Joe:
no auto box and maybe a bit over priced for 600km, should be priced nearer £20k. Only thing that can play up is brake calipers, easy to service yourself as the service due items on the computer can be reset from the dashboard.

What do you think Fleetex would take for it? I’m probably not the best haggler in the world, so if you think you could talk them down by eight grand, I would happily give you a 10% cut on the saving, £800 for an afternoon’s work!

ah harry now yer talking, ive had two of them trucks and they are spot on in every department the room inside and locker space is top notch, the perfect motor if yer out all week some will disagree but in my opinion theres no better

A good mate of mine works on these every day of the week as a fitter (Tesco’s contract) and knows them inside out il ask him sunday when i see him. 600 K is f all for an 07 plate i would,nt have thought.

my usual drive is a premium which im happy with but ive just had 2 days in an actros demo and its the closest i’ll ever get to begging my boss for anything , huge inside and wondeful to look at but i know nothing about running costs so i cant help .
i do know my boss said it was’nt even close to getting the same fuel returns that my premium gets and they are far more expensive to buy , you get what you pay for and the merc actros is alot of motor , ive lived in smaller bedsits .

im a driver though not an operator so what do i know .

One piece of advice is to buy a stool to stand on if you are under 7ft tall. You’ll need it to be able see in the top outside lockers on a MegaSpace. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

damoq:
One piece of advice is to buy a stool to stand on if you are under 7ft tall. You’ll need it to be able see in the top outside lockers on a MegaSpace. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yes they are big , i fell down the steps twice in 2 days :blush:

i thought i was nearer the ground than i was … :blush:

Can’t help you on this particular one, but I can tell you the MPG ain’t the best on an actros, as someone has said, premiums are a lot better on diesel, but an actros is great to drive, comfy and plenty of room in the super space cabs

Harry Monk:

Big Joe:

What do you think Fleetex would take for it? I’m probably not the best haggler in the world, so if you think you could talk them down by eight grand, I would happily give you a 10% cut on the saving, £800 for an afternoon’s work!

Perhaps £20k might be optimistic for this particular truck, but £28k is main dealer money.
If you like the truck tell em your a cash buyer with no p/x, and whats their best price, they should start knocking the £k’s off. Then tell them you’ll think about it, and a couple of days later offer them £2k less and meet somewhere in the middle.

Looks good in the pics. Not had a Megaspace but had a few Actri (?) from new, Mileage is nothing for the age. From experience brake disks are not the strongest part, but don’t know the cost of replacement. Ad-blue system seems to be an ongoing problem with all of our Mercs. except my Axor :cry: - but they keep on running. Opinions on power vary, but only having had 440’s I can’t comment other than my 430 Axor will out -pull any of our 440 Actros’s (i??).

This IS part 3 of ‘Guess the fleet’. I’ve been right 2/3.

8 legger:
Its one of Funstons

http://www.funstons.co.uk/page528/fun.aspx

They are very comfortable to drive and live in, but I couldn’t give you much info to reliability sorry.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Everything ends well for the one who has patience
say’s thems Website

I can point you to a v good 06 plate mega space merc 460 with eminox,alloys,v good condition, 350000 ks iro £26000
only problem its euro 3

gardun:
Looks good in the pics. Not had a Megaspace but had a few Actri (?) from new, Mileage is nothing for the age. From experience brake disks are not the strongest part, but don’t know the cost of replacement. Ad-blue system seems to be an ongoing problem with all of our Mercs. except my Axor :cry: - but they keep on running. Opinions on power vary, but only having had 440’s I can’t comment other than my 430 Axor will out -pull any of our 440 Actros’s (i??).

There is just that gig Fleet save Money and dont fix much before they give the Unit back.So it could be tired Battery.
Clutch commin
Brake commin
Fan-Belt and Water Hoses.
Brake Valve starts leaking
Lots more you can think off which could go wrong just straight after buying
And it costs
and no Income during Unit is in Workshop
:wink: But with a few friends :smiley: