Info wanted on bulk tippers

If you get to carry Beet you never need slow for a roundabout ever again, your outfit becomes faster than any other lorry on the road and the brakes would put an F1 car to shame…I would just hang on and enjoy the ride :wink: :laughing:

att:
If you get to carry Beet you never need slow for a roundabout ever again, your outfit becomes faster than any other lorry on the road and the brakes would put an F1 car to shame…I would just hang on and enjoy the ride :wink: :laughing:

Take it you been on the a17 latley then :smiley::lol:

Keep her lit son we’ve a reputation to uphold.

Seriously.

Watch for overhead obstacles
Keep it level when tipping
Remember the trap door key
Remember to clean off tailboard
Remember the speed limits dknt apply on a Friday

Tipper Tom:
Remember the speed limits dont apply on a Friday

…or a Tuesday …or a Thursday …or a Wednesday …or a Monday.

That’s a fair comment I spose

greendalef:
It must be 20 years since I last did bulk tippers. Just interested to know, do they till tip unit and trailer at Cargills in Hull?. First time I did it the inside of my cab looked like a grenade had gone off :smiley:

That whole Cargills site is now out of service and has been replaced by a ro-ro terminal. They stopped tipping the whole outfit up years ago, probably due to h&s regulations same as most things.

Scotchbaz:
Carry a stilson wrench (for loose hydraulics), a sledge hammer (for sticky loads), a shovel and a brush. Like any other driving job, never be afraid to ask, there’s no such thing as a stupid question.

I do hope you aren’t using that sledgehammer on the outside of the trailer body!?

Sad story about a tipper going over in the Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News ( sorry cant do link ) it tipped over
and killed another driver who was sat in his cab.

Ramon123:
Sad story about a tipper going over in the Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News ( sorry cant do link ) it tipped over

#1 for me is dont do anything you think is unsafe ,just because the loader driver says dump here does not make it safe!
dont pull forwards like a rocket when unloading at full stretch,thats when you get a woble.
walk round your motor before leaving site,clean lights etc,check back doors locked it only takes a minute!
CHECK you are empty!!! nothing worse than getting somewhere for a load ie…sand …and ya have half a bucket o stone stuck up the front… :blush: :blush:
safety belt on when tipping. make sure the tyres on the trailer are up to scratch…
jimmy

Contraflow:

Ramon123:

[/quot

That’s the one.Tragic !

Cheers.

Dear me so easily avoided, I hated it when people started walking past my truck while I was tipping

Nasty that! :open_mouth: I had plenty of arse clenching moment’s with six and eight leggers, especially when you had all the nearside wheels in a trench and the axle beam resting on the trench edge and trying to tip tarmac into barrows. “Up a bit more driver”! Gets the old pulse rate up when you see the body swaying about, and then it wont drop right down because the ram collars are stopping the body dropping! Tipping across slopes could be interesting as well, I learned early on to shoot the body up asap at full revs and let the load come over the tail door if need be, once the load moved then you knew you were safe. :wink: Never actually had one over Myself, had rear wheels off the ground a time or two though, some of our lads did when tipping on the banking at MIRA and some construction sites. Must be hard with a bulk artic, I guess that you need to be pretty dead level?

Pete.

Its law over here (h&s etc) you are not permited to unload if a vehicle is within the fall over zone (37ft trailer so 37ft clear on both sides).
big fine if caught .but as always some do some dont.
jimmy

xfmatt:

greendalef:
It must be 20 years since I last did bulk tippers. Just interested to know, do they till tip unit and trailer at Cargills in Hull?. First time I did it the inside of my cab looked like a grenade had gone off :smiley:

That whole Cargills site is now out of service and has been replaced by a ro-ro terminal. They stopped tipping the whole outfit up years ago, probably due to h&s regulations same as most things.

Thanks for that. You had to see it to believe it, the bonnet pointing at the sky

Can’t see how he has gone over there,it’s a flat surface must have been loaded top heavy, I always check load if top heavy reverse back and slam on or get ur shovel out, proberbly idle shovel driver making it easy for himself loading. I tell them how to load or don’t bother

re drivers as oppossed to tippers
no.1 they dont see since they see loads
no.2 they’ve got their brains in there buckets

jay0:
I’ve been working with curtainsiders since I started driving lorries last year and I’m going into a new job on bulk tippers with zero experience so im just wondering what to expect.

They only go over easy if you don’t watch box being loaded
Its your fault if it goes over no body else.
GUESTY44

Guesty44:

jay0:
I’ve been working with curtainsiders since I started driving lorries last year and I’m going into a new job on bulk tippers with zero experience so im just wondering what to expect.

GUESTY44

The name on the door is only the owner.
But your the boss as soon as you start to aim it;
GUESTY44

Guesty44:

Guesty44:

jay0:

GUESTY44

The name on the door is only the owner.
But your the boss as soon as you start to aim it
Don’t tip along side anyone If allthe others want to rush round
like headless chickens let them
Go on Lance Biscombe site they are the best in the area in my book
You Take care;
GUESTY44