Industrial estate fines

Commercial Motor is looking to publish a list of industrial and trading estates around the country that are fining drivers/issuing trespass notices after they parked up for very short periods of time.

Ransomes Park in Ipswich is one, and we have been told about incidents on the Spectrum West Estate in Maidstone and on the Liverpool International Business Park.

If you/your company has received a trespass notice or fine at any industrial estate then either post it below or pm me and we can help warn readers.

Thank you very much.

Magna park Lutterworth :imp:

Swan valley northants

Anywhere with the name pro-logis in the name

There is one just off the M5 Worcester way I think. I got done for pulling off with a puncture

Wheel Nut:
There is one just off the M5 Worcester way I think. I got done for pulling off with a puncture

You should have pulled the curtains round.

Darkside:

Wheel Nut:

You should have pulled the curtains round.

Haha lol, I got a tug out of it [emoji23]

Thornton Trading Estate
Noble Road
Edmonton
London
N18

I was stopped outside a collection point for exactly 1min 20 seconds (confirmed by tracker) whilst asking where I was needed for my collection, despite this and being there for legitimate reason my appeal was ignored and the company have a £100 fine to pay.

All this ■■■■■■■■ should be clamped down on and stopped, it is a bloody ridiculous situation and legal opportunist extortion

Industrial estates and trucks are synonymous with each other, it should be taken for granted that they are going to be there, and that part of the time there will be waiting time.
Robbing bastds. :smiling_imp:

robroy:
All this ■■■■■■■■ should be clamped down on and stopped, it is a bloody ridiculous situation and legal opportunist extortion

Industrial estates and trucks are synonymous with each other, it should be taken for granted that they are going to be there, and that part of the time there will be waiting time.
Robbing bastds. :smiling_imp:

Absolutely spot on. The chances of it being clamped down on? Perhaps the “trade associations” will launch a fair waiting time campaign :laughing:

We’ve let this country be turned into a joke.

How can you receive a fine for stopping on a public highway in a road legal vehicle, Am I missing something

SteveWalsh:
How can you receive a fine for stopping on a public highway in a road legal vehicle, Am I missing something

Yes you are…The only thing that is currently free, is the air that we breathe, but that will come to a stop soon, once they have cleaned it up.

Nothing will ever change. They want us there during working hours so they can get their goods, but they’re not interested in where we have park in order to make that happen.

SteveWalsh:

er yes you are :slight_smile: The roads on the industrial estates being talked about above are private roads, owned by whoever owns the industrial estate, that is the trick I am afraid. It’s not a fine, it’s an amount of money they are prepared to take off you to alleviate their threat to take you to court for, basically, damages because you did not stick to the contract that is probably written in tiny writing on a tiny sign at the point you leave the public highway, at which point you are deemed to have accepted the conditions of that contract. Not sure if anybody has challenged these things in court :question:

If a so called private est has this ■■■■■■■■ it can only be private if there is a barrier or some body stopping you from entering the place,if not it must be public land

malcolmgbell:
If a so called private est has this [zb] it can only be private if there is a barrier or some body stopping you from entering the place,if not it must be public land

Well, for all these open wide ind estates, the course is clear to appeal against, or just not pay the ■■■■■■■ in the first place :slight_smile:

They cant be fines unless issued by the police, They are most likely Penalty Charge Notices without much legal standing. There are internet sites such as www.pepipoo that could help.

Truckwriter:
Commercial Motor is looking to publish a list of industrial and trading estates around the country that are fining drivers/issuing trespass notices after they parked up for very short periods of time.

Ransomes Park in Ipswich is one, and we have been told about incidents on the Spectrum West Estate in Maidstone and on the Liverpool International Business Park.

If you/your company has received a trespass notice or fine at any industrial estate then either post it below or pm me and we can help warn readers.

Thank you very much.

Spectrum West isn’t an industrial est it’s a couple of units 20/20 industrial estate. They had to do something it’s beseiged buy foreign trucks every nite coming off the nearby M20 blocking access to businesses and craping everywhere.

Glad I’m no longer trucking, we dont get done for ‘parking’ a boat … :unamused:

Too many people parking like idiots.

‘Sorry I’m blocking the gate to your yard mate but I’m having my daily rest’ etc… etc…
If people see no yellow lines they will park up. Its a problem that wont go away as the roads arent expanding with the vehicles.