Induction for stobarts

Radar19:
I was told by a Gear Bear driver that Stobarts in Newark were looking for drivers, can’t seem to find anything on it.

I wouldn’t rely on that info mate, Dozy works there and we all know how that’s currently going!

the maoster:

Radar19:
I was told by a Gear Bear driver that Stobarts in Newark were looking for drivers, can’t seem to find anything on it.

I wouldn’t rely on that info mate, Dozy works there and we all know how that’s currently going!

I haven’t heard from Dozy in a while, maybe they did ship him out of Newark.

Phil1979:

Contraflow:

Ghost01:
I have to say the pay was good when i was there :wink:

:laughing:

Have some self respect ffs. We all know what Stobarts pay. :unamused:

I’m a brand new driver been driving 3 weeks. My take home has been between 460 -530 depending on hours. I’m happy with that to be honest.

alright Phil, are you at the stobarts in widnes? I have an interview at their Tesco site. Just wondering what its like there? Money looks good, you doing many hours for that.

cheers.

Stobarts are on Spike tv now … Widnes is 1 of there bigger depots :smiley:

Regardless of the knockers on here Stobarts aren’t that bad to work for. I was there and got made redundant along with quite a few other trampers.

There are many worse companies to work for. I generally cleared 2k a month (take home) for average 57 - 62 hours per week. Holidays are the downfall because you lose the bonuses.

dri-diddly-iver:
Regardless of the knockers on here Stobarts aren’t that bad to work for. I was there and got made redundant along with quite a few other trampers.

There are many worse companies to work for. I generally cleared 2k a month (take home) for average 57 - 62 hours per week. Holidays are the downfall because you lose the bonuses.

What is the deal with trampers at Stobbies, I heard that they get you to sometimes stay in a hotel so your truck can be used by a night driver.

I read that on here a while ago. I’ll ring my mate who still works there (Teesport) and ask him. I vaguely recall him saying something similar. I’ll check for the facts :wink:

Radar19:

dri-diddly-iver:

What is the deal with trampers at Stobbies, I heard that they get you to sometimes stay in a hotel so your truck can be used by a night driver.

It can happen, and has happened to me once, didn’t bother me in the slightest, valuables taken with me, proper bed and shower for the night.

seth 70:
Its telling you how to live on chips and egg because thats what it will be the money they pay :wink:

Its how to try and blag free chips coz they dont pay you enough to buy your own! :laughing:
Dozy is their star pupil apparently

The job is good it’s how they treat you from above that’s the problem.
Top managment don’t care about you or your life,and that is from experience

The bonuses r all but gone. Only a £15 a day meal allowance. This helps when u get your holiday pay. But is not so good if you pay the csa. At Sherburn they make them come back and send them home for the night,while someone takes their truck out. That means no night out money and if u live a few miles away,petrol cost mount. Tesco work is easy and as long as u don’t take the ■■■■ they leave u alone. Trampers r maxed out on hours,u need to make sure the planners don’t over run u. In general its ok to work there.

I remember my first girlfriend giving me permission to touch her where it smells.

I drove her to Widnes.

There is a lot of changes going on now. Tinkler and stobart seem to have parted company. Pay structure is also changing depending on what pay of the company you work for.

The big boys :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I never put the big boys someone edited it !! As new to posting on this site I’m not 100% sure on what I’m doing is correct ?

Tony r u talking about posting or working for Stobarts? Lol

Contraflow:

Winseer:

Contraflow:

Phil1979:
…and you get paid for it too.

Well ain’t that a bonus; getting paid to go to work. :unamused:

Indeed. It’s better than the deal they offered me last year - that’s for sure.

“Unpaid assessment some distance from where you live required.”

Quit your jibber jabber, agency driver. :laughing:

Not for Stobarts I ain’t… :sunglasses:

Pml. Eagerbeaver

Radar19:

the maoster:

Radar19:

I haven’t heard from Dozy in a while, maybe they did ship him out of Newark.

Dozy only does what he wants too :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: radar , my contract clearly states reasonable distance for any travelling ,and telling me that if I travel 50/60 mile too work for a bit will get me the pick of the jobs when they arrive doesn’t sway my thinking ( there was a lot of other things monies wise put into package ) but not for me .
I know of no jobs going ,but I don’t have much too do with anyone ,just get truck and ■■■■ off asap so maybe there is

the maoster:

Radar19:

I wouldn’t ,I’m not sure what a great bear driver would know or where he got it from ,but it was only a week/ two that all the drivers were under the threat of redundancy ( since withdrawn ) and trying too be chucked where ever they were short of drivers ,
Maybe he’s been taken in with exciting new contract wins ,top notch kit being brought in too service new contracts ,jobs for all ,bright future ,never was a threat of redundancy ( letter states different :roll.
mind the boss has been trying too ship me everywhere or anywhere ,maybe that’s the plan too get us cynics out and get aload of wet behind the ears kids into replace us :laughing: :laughing: who will be taken into by the garbage he spouts :unamused: :unamused: