Induction for stobarts

starting with the big boys next month ! Any ideas what the 2 day induction is all about ?

bigtoneinscotland:
starting with the big gay boys next month ! Any ideas what the 2 day induction is all about ?

Teach you how to wipe your nose and arse in the stobart way etc

You might even get dcpc hours out it :smiley:

you go through allsorts. Counts towards next CPC and you get paid for it too.

They cover Tachos, driver hours and wtd, load securing, coupling etc. Its quite a good 2 days.

Phil1979:
…and you get paid for it too.

Well ain’t that a bonus; getting paid to go to work. :unamused:

Contraflow:

Phil1979:

Indeed. It’s better than the deal they offered me last year - that’s for sure.

“Unpaid assessment some distance from where you live required.”

Clean licence of 24 years standing means nothing - in other words… :imp:

2 days worth of cpc. Fill in company forms. Bring your measurements for your uniform. Will show u a few videos. Bring u outside to dhow u how to couple up(stops u falling to sleep). Hours, tacho laws. First day your knackered. Put up in the local premier inn,with own room, b&b, evening meal. Then straight to bed at about 9am. 2nd day is filled with videos and a 4pm finish…if u don’t ask questions. Where u working out of?

I use to drive for them as they brought Innovate … there ok to work for well the chill network was :wink: they do like to try and mould you Green n Red though :wink:

bigtoneinscotland:
starting with the big boys next month ! Any ideas what the 2 day induction is all about ?

Its telling you how to live on chips and egg because thats what it will be the money they pay :wink:

Winseer:

Contraflow:

Phil1979:

Indeed. It’s better than the deal they offered me last year - that’s for sure.

“Unpaid assessment some distance from where you live required.”

Quit your jibber jabber, agency driver. :laughing:

I have to say the pay was good when i was there :wink:

Ghost01:

:laughing:

Have some self respect ffs. We all know what Stobarts pay. :unamused:

Contraflow:

Ghost01:

LOL have you work for them then ?

i got a big pay rise when they final agreed the pay for the chilled network, maybe that’s why they was always on our backs lol

Ghost01:

Contraflow:

Ghost01:

LOL have you work for them them?

■■■■■ please.

Id rather be agency than work for green plague :neutral_face:

Well thanks for some helpful info :slight_smile: for those who didn’t ! Be professional we all need to earn an crust who ever you work for :slight_smile: be safe and have a good week :slight_smile:

What depot you working out of? When I started last year it was 2 days down at Widnes, because I work out of Scotland they hire you a car to get down, put you up in a premier inn with breakfast, dinner and a couple of pints included… That’s the good part, the rest of your two days will be spent signing paperwork and going through health and safety stuff, but it goes to your cpc so all good, i picked up my truck down there as well but that will depend if your going tramping or not I think.

Contraflow:

Ghost01:

I’m a brand new driver been driving 3 weeks. My take home has been between 460 -530 depending on hours. I’m happy with that to be honest.

Contraflow:

Ghost01:

Contraflow:

Ghost01:

LOL have you work for them them?

■■■■■ please.

Don’t comment if ya not worked for them … ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Phil1979:

Contraflow:

Ghost01:

I’m a brand new driver been driving 3 weeks. My take home has been between 460 -530 depending on hours. I’m happy with that to be honest.

Like i said all in all there ok to work for, smart gear and new trucks and trailers etc … but watch out for anti Stobart folk there about :unamused: :laughing:

I was told by a Gear Bear driver that Stobarts in Newark were looking for drivers, can’t seem to find anything on it.