Indicator Bulb Out!

Hooked up to a trailer at 05.00 this morning, did my checks & found the n/s indicator not working, Balls I thought (no fitters until 07.30 & no bulbs in the office !!!) so I took the cover off & there was No Bulb in the holder ! (Durrrr)

1st of all I was p1ssed off if it hadn’t been reported the afternoon before (might have blown when I connected it) but secondly I was doubly P1ssed off because I’m pretty sure that the Night Time Fairies don’t wander around with screwdrivers, with the intention of Nicking Single Indicator Bulbs then putting the lens cover back on to cover their tracks.

I solved the problem by nicking the reversing light bulb.

We’ve got some Right Numpties working for us, next time I might park up & wait for the fitters to come in then miss my 08.00 time slot in Warrington or wherever I might be tipping.

Grrrrr.

Holy crapballs! Be careful Martin you came dangerously close to using your initiative there :wink:

Seriously, not many guys would have done that, or even thought of doing that.

I hope your gaffer appreciates you. If not, I hope you meet that Polish Truck driving bird from the other thread on your next break :wink:

Worth remembering that you can help yourself to any bulbs from the back of the unit provided you don’t intend running anywhere on the roads without a trailer.

Own Account Driver:
Worth remembering that you can help yourself to any bulbs from the back of the unit provided you don’t intend running anywhere on the roads without a trailer.

Never thought of that !

To be honest, I brought this problem up with my TM, 2 years ago when I started here & he did Sweet FA about it.
Secretly I’ve got a few bulbs hidden away, but they are for Viking Emergency’s only. If the management won’t put something into place (ie, giving us a few bulbs) why should I bother in future.

You know that, secretly, bothering actually makes your life easier, as you clearly aren’t made to sit there and wait for a fitter to change a bulb.

F-reds:
You know that, secretly, bothering actually makes your life easier, as you clearly aren’t made to sit there and wait for a fitter to change a bulb.

Yep, that’s the way I look at life, I’ve met plenty of people (won’t call them Drivers) who would still be in the yard now, moaning about the crap job they’re doing & wondering why the office don’t give 'em any slack.

What type of feedback (abuse) would the op have suffered if the tinternet and TNUK was available 20 or so years ago.

I’m lucky that the traffic office where I am is 24hr, they have full sets of bulbs, lenses and a screwdriver and each wagon has a headlight bulb kit in. Once upon a time a blown bulb there would have been defect notice and a trip to the other end of the site to the garage. Took longer to do that than change the bulb.

martinviking:
Hooked up to a trailer at 05.00 this morning, did my checks & found the n/s indicator not working, Balls I thought (no fitters until 07.30 & no bulbs in the office !!!) so I took the cover off & there was No Bulb in the holder ! (Durrrr)

1st of all I was p1ssed off if it hadn’t been reported the afternoon before (might have blown when I connected it) but secondly I was doubly P1ssed off because I’m pretty sure that the Night Time Fairies don’t wander around with screwdrivers, with the intention of Nicking Single Indicator Bulbs then putting the lens cover back on to cover their tracks.

We’ve got some Right Numpties working for us, next time I might park up & wait for the fitters to come in then miss my 08.00 time slot in Warrington or wherever I might be tipping.

Grrrrr.

Well done,your a legend :unamused:

I always follow procedure which is report light out,get defect note and take it down vmu,then wait while fitter changes bulb .

What a state of affairs, I am no longer involved in road haulage, but when my dad was alive and he had someone driving one of his motors it was expected that minor maintenance tasks would be performed as required. Could you imagine an Astran driver ringing in for a fitter to change a lamp!. If you are trusted enough to drive the truck to start with, you should be trusted to change lamps as needed.

seth 70:
Well done,your a leg end :unamused:

Why have you called him a foot? :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t believe this, enquiry over a missing bulb, someones havin a larf aint they or did I sleep too long last night and it’s now April 1st 2015 :laughing: :laughing: (and someone actually remembers bringing this major problem up with their TM … TWO YEARS AGO AND NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT ! shees no wonder the industry is falling on it’s arse. Ffs come on lads …

Conor:
I’m lucky that the traffic office where I am is 24hr, they have full sets of bulbs, lenses and a screwdriver and each wagon has a headlight bulb kit in. Once upon a time a blown bulb there would have been defect notice and a trip to the other end of the site to the garage. Took longer to do that than change the bulb.

That’s all I’m asking for, easy peasy lemon squezy.

seth 70:

martinviking:

Grrrrr.

Well done,your a legend :unamused:

I know.

Our shunters will normally change a bulb but I do keep some spare ones in my kit bag with various tools do undo the covers as this could save me time and generally just makes things more easy for shunters and other people such as warehouse lads who’ll then have to tranship the load.

I really dont think I could work for a company where I’d have to get a fitter to change a lamp. Maybe it’s just the way I was brung up, but if something needs doing I just get on and do it. As someone a lot wiser than me once said, ‘it’s usually a lot easier to get forgiveness than permission’.

I hope your gaffer appreciates you. If not, I hope you meet that Polish Truck driving bird from the other thread on your next break :wink:
[/quote]
What thread would that be sounds interesting :laughing:
Or and good job with the bulb matey must be all that cpc we getting :smiley: :open_mouth:

bald bloke:
Our shunters will normally change a bulb but I do keep some spare ones in my kit bag with various tools do undo the covers as this could save me time and generally just makes things more easy for shunters and other people such as warehouse lads who’ll then have to tranship the load.

your firm tranships loads if a bulb is out :question:

Here you are.

For some reason you have to click on the image to get the best out of it :laughing: