Incab cameras royal maik

Do Royal mail lorries have incab cameras,anyone tell me…

What does it matter? Given how work has dropped off I’d rather put up with cameras in cabs filming me scratching my nuts and singing badly to the radio than losing several hundred quid a week.

Sploom:
Do Royal mail lorries have incab cameras,anyone tell me…

I worked for RM for 27 years, never came across a vehicle with in cab cameras…

I know they have trackers, and if you are driving a c+e and you stop unexpectedly, they will phone you and want to know why!

No.

I wouldn’t have thought the Unions would put up with them at Royal Mail to be honest and since they run loads of hire tackle this time of year I’d go with a NO…

You are worried about cameras. Go on drivers forums there are no cushy jobs this year. Everything has gone ■■■■ up. Even some companies that get a bashing here are fully staffed. We are in for a rough ride.

Yes,the party is over now!
Thanks for the replies

Yeah, think its time to sit tight and hunker down. Avington said that I had the sheer audacity to “pop out” for some batteries at the weekend and I couldn’t move st my local retail park as it was so busy. Wonder if its people willing yo have a big blow out before cutting back in the new year?

toonsy:
Yeah, think its time to sit tight and hunker down. Avington said that I had the sheer audacity to “pop out” for some batteries at the weekend and I couldn’t move st my local retail park as it was so busy. Wonder if its people willing yo have a big blow out before cutting back in the new year?

Went to a retail park near me yesterday unfortunately

The part with all the cheap tat was fairly busy. The bit where all the big ticket sofa and furniture stores are was deserted.

Had tea in an Italian chain restaurant (we had a voucher) and we were the only customers in there.

Stephenjp:
I know they have trackers, and if you are driving a c+e and you stop unexpectedly, they will phone you and want to know why!

My experience doesn’t match up with this statement. I have worked for them extensively over the last year and have never been questioned when I’ve stopped on route. I do try to avoid it if possible, even more so if there’s parcels on the back. But many times I have stopped on the services just short of my destination when empty to have a break instead of breaking at the collection and not once was I ever questioned.

To answer the original question, no they don’t. Actually, half their trucks don’t even have dash cams, which I find a bit odd. Totally random too, you’ll see 69 plate MANs with no dash cam and a 64 plate DAF with one.

The union would not stand for driver facing cams I don’t think.

toonsy:

I drove past Royal Mail South Mids MC last night on way to Sainsbury’s and the queue to get in RM was nearly back to the next island by JLR. Went shopping Sunday too at a retail park and that was absolutely rammed.

People probably buying everything on credit cards, can’t not buy loads of needless junk at xmas can you.

Terry T:

Stephenjp:
The union would not stand for driver facing cams I don’t think.

Indeed, i would say most places with proper unions and colective agreements don’t have driver facing cameras, none that i know of in my sector which is generally unionised.

Slightly off topic but why would any company fit driver facing cameras, what advantage to the company is there?

Macski:
Slightly off topic but why would any company fit driver facing cameras, what advantage to the company is there?

To blame the driver when there is an incident.

stu675:

Macski:

No, get it right they are ‘‘There to HELP the driver prove his inocence’’
They always come up with a story to illustrate this, mostly made up, and invariably repeated by the drivers who are totally brainwashed by their management’s tale.

Anyway what’s the problem with them?
As often said on here by one or two…
‘‘If you are doing nothing wrong,.you’ve nothing to worry about’’. :bulb:

robroy:

stu675:

Macski:

They always come up with a story to illustrate this, mostly made up, and invariably repeated by the drivers who are totally brainwashed by their management’s tale.

That is fine if your a taxi driver

Macski:

robroy:

stu675:

Macski:

That is fine if your a taxi driver

Or a :‘Yes Man’ . :laughing:

Macski:

I would imagine there is an insurance benefit.

I would imagine that a company with a mistrust of drivers would feel a benefit.

In distribution type fleets which have a different driver in the cab every shift and everything inside the truck gets damaged or stolen I would imagine their is a benefit.

I hate them, I don’t want a camera in my face but we are our own worst enemy when we are smashing the tacho screen or stealing the 12v socket so we have a spare if we are getting into another one where the 12v socket has been stolen.

Yes,exactly,why should the company trust drivers?
Anything I leave in the cab doesnt get handed in.

If RM really wanted in-cab cameras, then they have a golden opportunity to install them whilst the strikes are going on, and then put “acceptance of them” in the return-to-work contract for the new year, once people realize the mortgage ain’t getting paid, and is going up again in the new year thanks to “fiscally dragged” interest rate hikes already done, and yet to flow through to mortgage rates…

January - looks to be rather bleak for former boomtowns like Ashford, but not so bad for current boomtowns like Canterbury…

“Search for work accordingly” - I would humbly suggest.