Incab cameras,one last question

Those of you who have said you wont work for a company with incab cameras.Talking hypothetically,if the firm offered you extra money,would you accept them then?
And if it was an extra £100 a month for example.Or would it have to be an extra £200?
How much would it have to be?
We all have a price…

What is the value or goal of such hypothetical question --I am not saying there isn’t–

As I hardly can see clear beyond my personal grievances:
I read in the forum about lines drawn on sand, thogh at the same time being told that my years long experience being blown on tissue paper and chucked away by office personnel ( yeah, those with no training nor education background, who next week are going to switch to a recruitment agency or checking out at the cashier of a supermarket ) is just something to get on with by taking the keys and driving off as if nothing

I hardly see consistency here either, why in-cab cameras are special, specially outrageous

?

_JD:
I hardly see consistency here either, why in-cab cameras are special, specially outrageous

?

Cos he’s…

Had his backside handed to him in another thread about in cab cameras.

I was just wondering ,thats all.Why all the unpleasantness.

Sploom:
I was just wondering ,thats all.Why all the unpleasantness.

Are you for real? :unamused:
Why tf are you starting another thread on this,.you’ve already had your answers on it. :unamused:

Companies don’t need to offer bonuses to get drivers accept in cab cameras. By the looks of things there’s no shortage of drivers willing to accept them for nothing.

So whatever my price is, they can’t afford it and don’t need to. I’m willing to leave the industry if they become synonymous with being a driver.

Terry T:
Companies don’t need to offer bonuses to get drivers accept in cab cameras. By the looks of things there’s no shortage of drivers willing to accept them for nothing.

So whatever my price is, they can’t afford it and don’t need to. I’m willing to leave the industry if they become synonymous with being a driver.

+1

Not likely to be industry wide in the near future, and I’ll be retired by the time it does, if it does become industry wide.
If it does, it’ll be insurance company led I believe. Not haulage company led.
Supermarkets might lead on it, which could lead to the insurance companies insisting on it. Their argument being, “if these supermarkets believe it’s a good thing, why don’t you”? There’ll be an insurance cost reduction if you fit them.
(Using supermarkets as an example, it could be any sector.)

Hypothetically in order for a company to offer more ££ in exchange for in cab cam the money would have to come from somewhere, as a direct consequence of the cam being inside - their drivers would have to be 13950196108610872 times less likely to be found at fault in accidents compared to other companies (who don’t run cams) therefor their insurance premium would be much low(er) and they’d be able to pass on the savings to their drivers via increased wages. In reality they’d pass on the savings (if any) to their shareholders or ‘reinvest’ it for ‘future growth’

As for myself, I’d take the money of course but hypothetically, just hypothetically the camera in my cab might fail to show any useful video. Remember it’s what you can prove that counts in court not what you can’t

As Terry T notes, no need for bribery, there’s plenty out there already swallowed the Kool Aid.

Just one point though, and something i take very personally.

No we don’t all have a price, we’re not politicians some of us cannot be bought, either about this bloody camera farce or anything else you care to mention, i and my good lady are two such people, there isn’t enough money in the sodding world to buy either of us off.
People who themselves can be bought always assume that everyone else can, why do they think because they don’t have a principle to their name that everyone is like them.
Some of us have lines in the sand we ain’t crossing, they might as well be lines of titanium because they ain’t bloody shifting, and the more some low life tries to cajole or bribe us the more you can guarantee it ain’t happening.

Im sorry,but I never imagined anyone would turn dow a lot of money if it was available and my question would have been offensive maybe if I was talking about doing something immoral.
If you use the self checkout or so many other things we do,we are being filmed all the time.
Is this an issue for you?

Sploom:
Im sorry,but I never imagined anyone would turn dow a lot of money if it was available and my question would have been offensive maybe if I was talking about doing something immoral.
If you use the self checkout or so many other things we do,we are being filmed all the time.

FFS!

Again, lines drawn on sand and rare metals now.

Yet I am the only one who gets banned based on principle, costing me the money of lost shifts thereafter: principles cost me money, do I have a price though? I prefer not to say. Ask those conscripted sent to the meat grinder, wonder what they might’ve thought on the issue, back in their illusory freedom-life. They are no different than me

To me it all comes down to that we are becoming increasingly dispensable as per humanly-acquired skill, with technology taking over gradually towards the no-need of a human factor. In the meantime, the urge for profit within narrow margins of operation due to competitiveness, pushes some decision-making lemmings (we are all humankind together here at all levels) to further narrow the degrees of freedom of such human factor (aka person) in order to achieve more control over their performance.

Trucks and all vehicles are full of sensors sending data to ECU and supporting electronic modules nowadays, and increasingly, including the outside cameras. These are imaging sensors sending data to the corresponding module dealing with driving e.g.
Think of the in-cab cameras as another imaging sensor monitoring the driver, in order to somehow direct their performance to the optimum desired. It is all about optimization towards better performance and increased profit.

And there is a good chance they do not even know yet what to do with the data (imaging) they are obtaining by shooting the driver. They could for instance develop a software that detects the driver falling asleep on the wheel; once the software detects that, it may trigger some actuator, such as a massive wooden hammer from the inside front top plunging onto the driver’s head, kind of a “nudge” kindly reminding of staying awake while performing the due task they’ve been appointed to.

The individual human being losing degrees of freedom in pro of increased efficiency of a greater “system” by means of technology. Amazon works well for me as a costumer, though at the cost of close monitoring employees to dehumanizing extents

EDIT: too many typos

Sploom:

One really has a stick up ones botty over this doesn’t one? Being compliant and subservient isn’t a sin tbh, whereas your mate tells us that pride is in fact a sin. I’d rather be a sinner than sin free in this case thank you.

Self checkouts being monitored constantly is fine, I’m aware of it and I can choose not to use them if I so desire.

As for having a price you are correct to a certain extent; after much haggling I’m sure I could agree on a price requirement for me to perform oral ■■■ on a homeless man. The amount would probably be in the ball park of what a transport company would need to pay me to be monitored thus.

I cannot see the connection between ■■■■■■■■ and deprivation of shelter, --again, I am not implying there isn’t

Following on my own words. I am leaning towards the use of a mass in-cab imaging as data-mining for big-data purposes, with all their branches of application.

A large haulier corporation such as Culina with its Great Yogi Bear, Eddie Stobbies and the rest of fleets incorporated, amassing large volumes of bytes of imaging, to be sold to cutting-edge IT enterprises focused on AI-driven pattern-recognition.

The outcome: wait and see what the big-data comes out with, new market opportunities in the horizon. It is not one driver as individual, it is the sheer number of them and the common pattern that emerge from the whole.

What is my price? I am not the one to ask, the sense of individuality is illusory, the price is put by the surrounding circumstances you are in and group dynamics such as political governance and established hierarchy.

the maoster:

Sploom:

One really has a stick up ones botty over this doesn’t one? Being compliant and subservient isn’t a sin tbh, whereas your mate tells us that pride is in fact a sin. I’d rather be a sinner than sin free in this case thank you.

Self checkouts being monitored constantly is fine, I’m aware of it and I can choose not to use them if I so desire.

As for having a price you are correct to a certain extent; after much haggling I’m sure I could agree on a price requirement for me to perform oral ■■■ on a homeless man. The amount would probably be in the ball park of what a transport company would need to pay me to be monitored thus.

That’s fine mate,.a hundred quid is nothing to some of these big firms. :wink:

Out of interest…what’s your price for a non homeless bloke…(asking for a friend… )
:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

_JD:
I cannot see the connection between ■■■■■■■■ and deprivation of shelter.

Not a statement you hear every day. :laughing: :laughing:

I certainly CAN be bought…but I’m not cheap.
Not talking,sucking off tramps,expensive.
But it’s gonna cost.

the maoster:

As a liveaboard narrowboater, I’m technically homeless. Could you PM me with a few more details of this offer? :wink:

Sploom:
And if it was an extra £100 a month for example.Or would it have to be an extra £200?
How much would it have to be?
We all have a price…

Is £200 a month a large sum to you? Assuming an average of 20 working days per month, I would value my privacy and dignity at more than £10 a day.

I’d put driver facing cameras in the same grouping as: enhanced DBS requirement, micro-management, max-hours-minimal-rest, phone calls on rest days, holidays cancelled because it’s now inconvenient for the company, unwanted OT forced upon you, and all the other things that say “you’re not a person to us, you’re just a resource to be timetabled” .

And I’d put myself in the grouping of: “If you want me to accept this, my wage has just exceeded that of the boss of the company”.

Like so many things in this industry, DFCs are dehumanizing, and I would sooner leave than consider it as even remotely acceptable.

Harry Monk:

the maoster:

As a liveaboard narrowboater, I’m technically homeless. Could you PM me with a few more details of this offer? :wink:

Everything is open to negotiation H. For instance we need to establish whether or not surgical wipes will be employed either before or after the heinous deed, whether or not we’d be dressed as our favourite superheroes, whether or not you’d be willing to shout “dirty boy” every five seconds, whether there’d be basic foodstuffs involved? So many variables I’m afraid.