In the Gulf 03

I doubt if anyone would be interested but below is a link to a video a couple of yanks made for my ship while we were deployed in the northern gulf days before the start of the war in ’03.

hms cardiff

They came onboard for a day to video a typical day so we could show our families what we had been doing for 7 months when we got home. The fire is an exercise but that is about the normal pace for a real incident, if you rush you have accidents! The boats we used were amazing for boarding ops. During the trip we found quite a lot of boats that were carrying/exporting/importing illegal oil and/or weapons (the crafty sods used to travel on the borders of Iraqi waters so we couldn’t board them then make a run for it at the last minute) but not much used by the smugglers could out run a pacific 24.

you sure that’s the right link :question:

edit: ok it is now :wink:

it is now!!! :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good stuff! :smiley:

ive got quite a few pics from it as well if you want (non of the boardings, wasnt allowed) just of the ships and some of the places we went to.

would it be worth putting them up?

Absolutely!!

Interesting to see what’s going on elsewhere in the world.

these are the photos that i have, not all of them, that ones might be of interest to anyone

Gulf 03 Slideshow

to save a lot of time and messing about i have just given a link to my album slideshow on photobucket.

if you have any questions just ask.

as you can tell the sunsets out the gulf are fabulous and better than the ones at home and i just love taking photo’s of them

hope you anjoy and manage to stay awake during it all.