Submarine Shooting

Any submariners on here?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13016791

It seems a serious thing to have a gun on a submarine, at least he was shooting while he was in a port.

It will be interesting to see what led up to that incident.

Dave the Renegade:

Women, Wives■■?

A photo finish at the summarine racing world cup

gardun:
A photo finish at the summarine racing world cup0

Nice one… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Dave the Renegade:

Women, Wives■■?

Boy friends :wink: .

mushroomman:

Wheel Nut:

Dave the Renegade:

Women, Wives■■?

Boy friends :wink: .

Possible, 100 blokes cooped up in a metal cylinder for months… :stuck_out_tongue:

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … mpage.html

This is the latest, it seems a fully trained, fully armed naval rating in camouflage gear was overpowered by a member of Southampton City Council.

Ryan Donovan shot two officers and was then overpowered by a civilian :open_mouth:

Elf n safety will have a field day I can’t believe assault riffles are allowed in such a confined space especially with civilians present.

I thought the Marines were in charge of protection for our nuclear fleet?

The Royal Marines protect the Nuclear Sites at Faslane and Holy Loch. The RM do not accompany Submarines as they go on deployment or very rare port visits. After watching the news last night I think they probably should.

HMS Astute was the boat that ran aground recently. Looks to me that the Crew have just finished a killer work up (training period) and the visit to S’ton was the reward.

The RN is culpable for the murder. After a few trips on Boats myself, I wouldn’t issue revved up Submainers anything more dangerous than a loaded Mars Bar.

That Submarine has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. I hope the Skipper and the Jimmy are both Court Marshalled along the scumbag who shot his own Shipmate.

Al

Thanks for that Al, I see where I got confused now…

Wheel Nut:
HMS Astute shooting: Nuclear submarine guard kills officer in rifle rampage

This is the latest, it seems a fully trained, fully armed naval rating in camouflage gear was overpowered by a member of Southampton City Council.:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who was a Polish immigrant who just happened to be armed with a Kalashnikov which he always has with him just in case of such incidents :question: . :laughing:

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:
HMS Astute shooting: Nuclear submarine guard kills officer in rifle rampage

This is the latest, it seems a fully trained, fully armed naval rating in camouflage gear was overpowered by a member of Southampton City Council.:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who was a Polish immigrant who just happened to be armed with a Kalashnikov which he always has with him just in case of such incidents :question: . :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re welcome Sarge.
Pretty poor leadership on that tin can.Officers and SNCOs too fussed about their own careers to notice one of the lads is going postal.
Glad I’m a civvy now.

I know a guy who works on boats, he admits he can be a bit “wound up” by the time he gets onto shore - and he’s by no means the worst of them…
Not being funny, but handing a live weapon to someone to guard a vessel when he has limited experience of handling one seems an odd way to ensure security. What exactly do the Navy expect a rating to do in the event of a problem from shore? I mean, at least surface ships can have a target practice from the rails - how the hell can they fire any rounds when they’re submerged?

That boat didn’t have the best start in life- she was launched by the Duchess of Cornwall .Its been down hill ever since. The first Captain lost his commision & now one senior officer has lost his life ,another is critically injured & an AB will be in nick for a long time. Anymore volunteers for the good ship Astute?

In the Eighteen months training that I did before I went to sea on HMS Churchill I had one weeks weapon training, on the wrong weapon. It is not in the RNs DNA.

As I said before, I would not issue a revved up Submariner a loaded Mars Bar.

After the ipod incident off Iran and Astutes grounding in Scotland (similar to you crashing your car on your drive). The Navy had better shape up.
Especially when everyone else is pulling their plums out in Afghan.

I’m proud of my time in the mob and even more proud of those that went before me. I wonder if the current crop can say the same?

Al

I was National Service so our attitude to the army was summed up by that socio-historical study called ‘M.A.S.H.’ :laughing: