In Cab Exercising

UKtramp:

nightline:
So going by what you are saying and I could be wrong, but dozy 2 should be dead with all the fantasy water he’s drinking, Walters quotes not mine

You really are this stupid aren’t you, I thought at first you were kidding.

I’m not the one who said he was drinking a litre of water an hour and then said O I made a mistake it’s 500 mil ever hour
You are starting to trip yourself up dozy 2
It’s bad when the fantasy one has is a lie to one’s self but i understand all that, it’s hard to keep up with the fantasy and remember what’s real and what’s fantasy
There has to be a time when you start tripping your self up with the fantasy and that’s happening now with some of your posts
I did put a plea out there to set up a fund to get you help, so I’m not all bad

I was looking for a specific story but looks like it’s happened a few times

google.co.uk/search?q=woman … 2B4gSYtqow

take care with water :stuck_out_tongue:

daffyd:
I was looking for a specific story but looks like it’s happened a few times

google.co.uk/search?q=woman … 2B4gSYtqow

take care with water :stuck_out_tongue:

Christ this is getting frightening, I always sip slowly so maybe that is why I am still alive today. I m certainly going to be looking at reducing my daily intake, I may be a waterholic and need to admit it to get better. I had no idea water was so destructive. I was told to drink more water after I got a water infection so took looks like I have taken it to the extreme.

How many water worriers here used to/still do sink 8 or so pints on a heavy night out?! :laughing: :laughing:

The strange thing about alcohol is that it dehydrates you,its a diuretic. Drink a pint Pee a quart sort of thing.The hangover headaches can only be cured with water, milk or tea .

So basically I should be fine so long as I drink a pint an hour throughout my shift. :laughing:

alamcculloch:
The strange thing about alcohol is that it dehydrates you,its a diuretic. Drink a pint Pee a quart sort of thing.The hangover headaches can only be cured with water, milk or tea .

Drinking water after being on the lash before going to bed will help. Im no expert though, two pints and im ■■■■■■ and wake with a hangover :frowning: , reason i avoid it…

This might be a useful indicator for those wee inspectors amongst us.

When out and about take the time to inspect the wee colour of your neighbour at the urinals as well.

Excellent post DD, I am at the top of this chart with my wee, I will certainly be looking out for my fellow drivers in the next urinal to give them advice and to ensure they are not colour blind. Type of guy I am, caring and considerate.

Can you imagine the scenario and the outcome…excuse me mate but your ■■■■ looks a bit too dark, you need to drink more water…as for that big boil on the end do you want me to sort that for you… :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

UKtramp:
Ok well no doubt this post will attract the idiots but it has a serious consequence on your well being. A lot of people ask me how I look so good for my age, both in looks and body. My secret is plain and simple, diet and exercise. Now as a tramper you may be surprised at how do I get the time to do both of these essential things in order to keep myself in the best possible shape. Well the diet is straight forward and doesn’t take very much effort at all. Eat well, plenty of salads, no white bread or carbs. Fresh fish and Japanese cuisine is good. Drink at least 500ml of water per hour. I am always sipping and not guzzling. Now for the exercise part and most of this can be done on your bed. I do sit ups (50) twice a day, build this up from say 10 twice per day. Lay on your back and raise your legs and hold at aprox 12" from the bed I do this for a minimum of 5 mins. Lay on your back and raise your legs and cycle whilst fully stretching your legs for 30 mins. Now if you adopt this regime daily, your circulation will improve and your skin will be healthier and hydrated. Try this routine for 1 week before slagging me off and you will be thanking me rather than insulting me. Your urine should be clear rather than yellow to show how hydrated you are. Try it before knocking it!!!

I wonder if anybody would be naive enough to follow this advice? Who wants to exercise in their bed…on their own. After a day spent slumped over the steering wheel the last thing a tramper should do is crunches. They are so bad for your back. Far better to stretch your back in the prone position by adopting a semi pushup position with hips still on the floor. Then go for a long walk or run. It is easy enough to take running gear with you, and do exercises on your run. It is also essential not to give a flying f*ck what other drivers think when you do. Alternate the long run with short fast runs to get your heart rate up, and to improve your cardio health.
The OP says to avoid carbs and eat plenty of salads. Veggies are carbs, bread and pasta etc are bad carbs in excess. Fitness is 80% diet, so giving it some thought is important. More lean meat or fish and vegetables, and moderate amounts of potato or pasta etc. Once your weight is down, it is easy to get fitter. Drinking excessive water will dilute the essential minerals in your bod and could lead to problems with deficiencies. For the truly fit, or ambitious, buy a set of olympic rings with straps and get in the back of that tautliner. :slight_smile: They are the best exercise you can ever do. I am fifty odd, and do them every other day. I also run half-marathons, and have forgotten how many I have ran, but have never finished outside the top 10% when I do. I am a day man mostly now, but had about twenty years of distance work, and I know how debilitating it can be.

ha ha and lets follow your advice and start running half marathons. Actually the more vegetables you eat the better. You can fill yourself upon vegetables without gaining weight, also diet is key to losing weight and not exercise alone, exercise simply tones and if anything you can put weight on by excessive exercise as it builds muscle and muscle adds weight. Diet is the only way to lose weight properly. Also my advice is for drivers who do no exercise at all at the moment and so suddenly exercising the way you have suggested could cause damage. But what do I know about it. :smiley:

UKtramp:
ha ha and lets follow your advice and start running half marathons. Actually the more vegetables you eat the better. You can fill yourself upon vegetables without gaining weight, also diet is key to losing weight and not exercise alone, exercise simply tones and if anything you can put weight on by excessive exercise as it builds muscle and muscle adds weight. Diet is the only way to lose weight properly. Also my advice is for drivers who do no exercise at all at the moment and so suddenly exercising the way you have suggested could cause damage. But what do I know about it. :smiley:

You got that right dozy 2, what do you know that’s real Walter, fantasy man

Dieting is fine as is eating plenty of veg but protein and carb intake in balanced proportions equally important. Gaining weight is also fine as long as its in the form of muscle, im 97kg but a short arse at only 5’8’’ (mixing imp with metric at its best :smiley: ) but bordering on ripped. Weights /excercise and eating a low fat/ moderate carb and high protien diet ive found is what works. Cutting fat out completely though is a mistake as the body needs a certain amount to function, a 5% fat diet is fine. I eat lean 6 days of the week but get a fat intake once a week at the cafe at Jaca where Estafania serves it up like theres no tommorow… :grimacing:

Actros cabs have got a bar the runs across the roof of the cab, I do pull ups with it when I’m sitting in traffic :laughing: :laughing:

AndrewG:
Dieting is fine as is eating plenty of veg but protein and carb intake in balanced proportions equally important. Gaining weight is also fine as long as its in the form of muscle, im 97kg but a short arse at only 5’8’’ (mixing imp with metric at its best :smiley: ) but bordering on ripped. Weights /excercise and eating a low fat/ moderate carb and high protien diet ive found is what works. Cutting fat out completely though is a mistake as the body needs a certain amount to function, a 5% fat diet is fine. I eat lean 6 days of the week but get a fat intake once a week at the cafe at Jaca where Estafania serves it up like theres no tommorow… :grimacing:

I have a nice physique now rather than ripped tbh, but I exercise regular while away and look after my diet as these are two easy ways of maintaining my fitness and weight. At home I ride a cycle as my wife is an ex racer so we both enjoy long rides out. I was even thinking of getting a fold up bike to take away with me. Never heard of anyone doing it before but it would be possible. I think if more drivers did simple exercise as I suggest and eat sensibly they would not only live longer but feel much better in themselves. Another factor is shifts, working nights is very bad for you and sleep is very important in weight loss and general fitness. I wouldn’t work nights for all the money in China because of the health risks.

UKtramp:

AndrewG:

I have a nice physique now rather than ripped tbh, but I exercise regular while away and look after my diet as these are two easy ways of maintaining my fitness and weight. At home I ride a cycle as my wife is an ex racer so we both enjoy long rides out. I was even thinking of getting a fold up bike to take away with me. Never heard of anyone doing it before but it would be possible. I think if more drivers did simple exercise as I suggest and eat sensibly they would not only live longer but feel much better in themselves. Another factor is shifts, working nights is very bad for you and sleep is very important in weight loss and general fitness. I wouldn’t work nights for all the money in China because of the health risks.

I’ve seen a few lorries with pushbikes strung up behind the cab. Looked like they were using bungee cord. Not sure how they secured them overnight though.

Captain Caveman 76:
I’ve seen a few lorries with pushbikes strung up behind the cab. Looked like they were using bungee cord. Not sure how they secured them overnight though.

That is interesting, like you say a bit dodgy on an evening though, I suppose I could always buy a cheap bike to take away with me though, my bike I have now wouldn’t be suitable as I wouldn’t want to get any damage on it. But a cheap bike would possibly be better and cheaper than a folding bike. food for thought there.

alamcculloch:

I don’t drink alcohol now but when I did and used to get a hangover, I found that drinking 500 ml of lovely cold water in about 5 mins would reduce my hangover considerably after about half an hour. Then another 1 ltr over the next 90 mins and job done. Gods Gift ; clear, cold water. (fair share of beer as well mind ! )

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

That is interesting, like you say a bit dodgy on an evening though, I suppose I could always buy a cheap bike to take away with me though, my bike I have now wouldn’t be suitable as I wouldn’t want to get any damage on it. But a cheap bike would possibly be better and cheaper than a folding bike. food for thought there.

When hanging it on the back of the cab overnight, maybe cover it with an old blanket ? What the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t want ! (or summat like that )