In Cab Exercising

Ok well no doubt this post will attract the idiots but it has a serious consequence on your well being. A lot of people ask me how I look so good for my age, both in looks and body. My secret is plain and simple, diet and exercise. Now as a tramper you may be surprised at how do I get the time to do both of these essential things in order to keep myself in the best possible shape. Well the diet is straight forward and doesn’t take very much effort at all. Eat well, plenty of salads, no white bread or carbs. Fresh fish and Japanese cuisine is good. Drink at least 500ml of water per hour. I am always sipping and not guzzling. Now for the exercise part and most of this can be done on your bed. I do sit ups (50) twice a day, build this up from say 10 twice per day. Lay on your back and raise your legs and hold at aprox 12" from the bed I do this for a minimum of 5 mins. Lay on your back and raise your legs and cycle whilst fully stretching your legs for 30 mins. Now if you adopt this regime daily, your circulation will improve and your skin will be healthier and hydrated. Try this routine for 1 week before slagging me off and you will be thanking me rather than insulting me. Your urine should be clear rather than yellow to show how hydrated you are. Try it before knocking it!!!

I actually take with me two sets of dumbells, good for biceps/triceps, light squats, shoulder raises ect. Two or three laps around a truck stop/park also raises eyebrows… :grimacing:

UKtramp:
Ok well no doubt this post will attract the idiots but it has a serious consequence on your well being. A lot of people ask me how I look so good for my age, both in looks and body. My secret is plain and simple, diet and exercise. Now as a tramper you may be surprised at how do I get the time to do both of these essential things in order to keep myself in the best possible shape. Well the diet is straight forward and doesn’t take very much effort at all. Eat well, plenty of salads, no white bread or carbs. Fresh fish and Japanese cuisine is good. Drink at least 1 litre of water per hour. I am always sipping and not guzzling. Now for the exercise part and most of this can be done on your bed. I do sit ups (50) twice a day, build this up from say 10 twice per day. Lay on your back and raise your legs and hold at aprox 12" from the bed I do this for a minimum of 5 mins. Lay on your back and raise your legs and cycle whilst fully stretching your legs for 30 mins. Now if you adopt this regime daily, your circulation will improve and your skin will be healthier and hydrated. Try this routine for 1 week before slagging me off and you will be thanking me rather than insulting me. Your urine should be clear rather than yellow to show how hydrated you are. Try it before knocking it!!!

If you’re drinking 1 litre of water per hour, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to see if your urine is clear.

UKtramp:
Ok well no doubt this post will attract the idiots but it has a serious consequence on your well being. A lot of people ask me how I look so good for my age, both in looks and body. My secret is plain and simple, diet and exercise. Now as a tramper you may be surprised at how do I get the time to do both of these essential things in order to keep myself in the best possible shape. Well the diet is straight forward and doesn’t take very much effort at all. Eat well, plenty of salads, no white bread or carbs. Fresh fish and Japanese cuisine is good. Drink at least 1 litre of water per hour. I am always sipping and not guzzling. Now for the exercise part and most of this can be done on your bed. I do sit ups (50) twice a day, build this up from say 10 twice per day. Lay on your back and raise your legs and hold at aprox 12" from the bed I do this for a minimum of 5 mins. Lay on your back and raise your legs and cycle whilst fully stretching your legs for 30 mins. Now if you adopt this regime daily, your circulation will improve and your skin will be healthier and hydrated. Try this routine for 1 week before slagging me off and you will be thanking me rather than insulting me. Your urine should be clear rather than yellow to show how hydrated you are. Try it before knocking it!!!

Serious subject mate. Health.
Drinking 15 litres of water in a shift will certainly encourage you to get out of your bunk 50 times during the night !

AndrewG:
I actually take with me two sets of dumbells, good for biceps/triceps, light squats, shoulder raises ect. Two or three laps around a truck stop/park also raises eyebrows… :grimacing:

I have a good routine outside of the cab too Andrew, I thought I would share my in cab essentials first off. If people took the time to look after themselves better, as you know, it makes you not only fitter but feel much better in yourself. I get wolf whistled at now at my age which is a good testament for what I am saying. Anyone can do it, it is getting the motivation to do it.

Franglais:

UKtramp:

Serious subject mate. Health.
Drinking 15 litres of water in a shift will certainly encourage you to get out of your bunk 50 times during the night !

It is healthy Franglais but you are correct, I ■■■■ like a horse.

Captain Caveman 76:
If you’re drinking 1 litre of water per hour, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to see if your urine is clear.

Too right Cavey, you cannot drink too much water. I have a bottle which I am permanently sipping.

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

Too right Cavey, you cannot drink too much water. I have a bottle which I am permanently sipping.

In order to cut down on the number of bottles you must carry with you, and in the interests of saving the planet can I suggest that recycling is a good solution? A very dilute solution maybe.

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

Actually you can. Back in the mid 90’s, when all them crazy kids were doing ecstasy, the official advice was to drink lots of water. However, too much water can lead to a drop in sodium levels in the blood. The advice was then changed to drink fruit juice, from memory.
Can’t remember what it’s called, but drinkng too much water can definitely be dangerous.

UKtramp:

Captain Caveman 76:

You can you know mate. You are on the limit of what your kidneys can safely process per hour. Absolutely no need for that amount of water unless you are big daddy and geoff capes merged together.

Actually it is a small bottle of water per hour, not 1 litre, I meant the 500ml bottles :blush:

UKtramp:
Actually it is a small bottle of water per hour, not 1 litre, I meant the 500ml bottles :blush:

Just aswell. I had visions of you trying to drown yourself day in day out. I will be taking your advice on the flu jab though.

UKtramp:
Ok well no doubt this post will attract the idiots but it has a serious consequence on your well being. A lot of people ask me how I look so good for my age, both in looks and body. My secret is plain and simple, diet and exercise. Now as a tramper you may be surprised at how do I get the time to do both of these essential things in order to keep myself in the best possible shape. Well the diet is straight forward and doesn’t take very much effort at all. Eat well, plenty of salads, no white bread or carbs. Fresh fish and Japanese cuisine is good. Drink at least 500ml of water per hour. I am always sipping and not guzzling. Now for the exercise part and most of this can be done on your bed. I do sit ups (50) twice a day, build this up from say 10 twice per day. Lay on your back and raise your legs and hold at aprox 12" from the bed I do this for a minimum of 5 mins. Lay on your back and raise your legs and cycle whilst fully stretching your legs for 30 mins. Now if you adopt this regime daily, your circulation will improve and your skin will be healthier and hydrated. Try this routine for 1 week before slagging me off and you will be thanking me rather than insulting me. Your urine should be clear rather than yellow to show how hydrated you are. Try it before knocking it!!!

500ml per hour? I’d be stopping in every lay-by for a ■■■■ if I drank that

H4L:

UKtramp:

Just aswell. I had visions of you trying to drown yourself day in day out. I will be taking your advice on the flu jab though.

Well advised mate, gives you 40 to 60% better chance of not catching it. Better odds than not having the jab.

nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pa … guide.aspx

NHS Choices recommends 6 to 8 glasses of fluid per day. About 4 litres? It does explain on other pages that more may be necessary in hot weather and talks about water, energy drinks and milk etc.
500ml per hour for a 16 hour day is clearly about twice the recommended amount. Whether or not that would actually be damaging I wouldn`t know.

Rowley010:
500ml per hour? I’d be stopping in every lay-by for a ■■■■ if I drank that

Certainly makes you go, but it flushes all toxins out of your body and keeps you from feeling hungry too.

Franglais:
The Eatwell Guide - NHS

NHS Choices recommends 6 to 8 glasses of fluid per day. About 4 litres? It does explain on other pages that more may be necessary in hot weather and talks about water, energy drinks and milk etc.
500ml per hour for a 16 hour day is clearly about twice the recommended amount. Whether or not that would actually be damaging I wouldn`t know.

Athough I am saying per hour, it depends on how hard I am exercising, weather if I drink more or less, main point is plenty of water, I just sip all the time on a bottle of water. I will certainly drink no less than 5 or 6 bottles daily.

Well I hope all those swooning Women take a listen to this first:

It’s a known medical fact drinking too much water can kill you,did your family member who is a leading something or other medically tell you that you can’t drink too much water■■?
Maybe he doesn’t like you.

xichrisxi:
It’s a known medical fact drinking too much water can kill you,did your family member who is a leading something or other medically tell you that you can’t drink too much water■■?
Maybe he doesn’t like you.

I look as good as I do through doing what I say, I will stick with my routine thanks. Your advice is what I expect.