In cab cooking

Ok as per usual I work for a company who don’t really allow gas for cooking and I was wondering whats the alternative unless you buy a expensive microwave, but I’m only going uk tramping mon fri so any suggestions!!

Use gas but don’t let them know about it. :wink:

xxicelandicxx:
Ok as per usual I work for a company who don’t really allow gas for cooking and I was wondering whats the alternative unless you buy a expensive microwave, but I’m only going uk tramping mon fri so any suggestions!!

Service station or maccy D’s :slight_smile:

You can get those camping stoves which come in a case, simply use it put back in the case and put it someware out of view. Hope this helps. :smiley:

tango boy:
You can get those camping stoves which come in a case, simply use it put back in the case and put it someware out of view. Hope this helps. :smiley:

just make sure you insert the gas canister correctly :wink:

shuttlespanker:

tango boy:

just make sure you insert the gas canister correctly :wink:

What he says :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I just find it unbelievable that some stuffed shirt who goes home to a cooked meal every evening can make a law that the man who delivers the food which is on his plate isn’t allowed to have a hot meal himself.

For all the aggravation and financial risk of running a truck, this is why I do that rather than working for the man. At least I can have a hot meal and a ■■■ in my own home.

OP, just take a gas cooker anyway.

Buy a petrol one.

What about one of they

thebushcraftstore.co.uk/swis … -112-p.asp

I’m not sure if you can get a bigger one

Harry Monk:
Use gas but don’t let them know about it. :wink:

+1

Harry Monk:
I just find it unbelievable that some stuffed shirt who goes home to a cooked meal every evening can make a law that the man who delivers the food which is on his plate isn’t allowed to have a hot meal himself.

For all the aggravation and financial risk of running a truck, this is why I do that rather than working for the man. At least I can have a hot meal and a ■■■ in my own home.

OP, just take a gas cooker anyway.

+1

Don’t cook kippers, and no one will ever know. :laughing:

Thetaff2:
Buy a petrol one.

I’d use my MSR Dragonfly stove, it runs on petrol, paraffin, or diesel

Harry Monk:

Sums it up a treat really! I loved to know the reasons as to why you cant have a cooker in there, it doesnt make the truck smell, assuming your an adult your not going to set fire to the truck with it and if he’s worried about you making a mess perharps he should double shift it then see the kinda state his truck is left in.

assuming your having nights out
use the night out money for the purpose it was intended

Get a barbecue. Set it up inside somehow, with loads of charcoal. If boss says anything, say that you aren’t allowed gas, so you resorted to coal.

Clunk:
Get a barbecue. Set it up inside somehow, with loads of charcoal. If boss says anything, say that you aren’t allowed gas, so you resorted to coal.

Brilliant. The soot and stains would still be easier to clean off than all the cigarette gunk that I find mine covered in after it’s been used over my 2 days off.

Our place has a ban on gas cookers in the cab.

All down to one driver, years back, didn’t turn the gas off properly, got up the next morning, sparked up a ■■■ and turned the cab into a fireball. Wrote the unit off and badly burned the driver.

Of course everyone absolutely abides by the rules…

The foreign drivers get to keep their own trailers all year round, so they can fit a fridge and a cooker in the trailer side lockers, along with side cupboards to store their food, all with padlocks on.

DonutUK:
Our place has a ban on gas cookers in the cab.

All down to one driver, years back, didn’t turn the gas off properly, got up the next morning, sparked up a ■■■ and turned the cab into a fireball. Wrote the unit off and badly burned the driver.

Of course everyone absolutely abides by the rules…

I bet they wernt happy about him smoking in the truck.