In cab cooking

xxicelandicxx:
Ok as per usual I work for a company who don’t really allow gas for cooking and I was wondering whats the alternative unless you buy a expensive microwave, but I’m only going uk tramping mon fri so any suggestions!!

Hi mate microwaves dont have to be expensive buy a 1500w or 2000w inverter for about 150-170 quid and a cheap value microwave from tesco job done

hitch:
assuming your having nights out
use the night out money for the purpose it was intended

Do you actually know what it is intended for?

i know you have said about not using gas, but have a look at a jetboil, yes its gas but you can boil a litre of water in two minutes, brilliant for boil in the bags and making that all important brew

Clunk:
Get a barbecue. Set it up inside somehow, with loads of charcoal. If boss says anything, say that you aren’t allowed gas, so you resorted to coal.

you won’t need to worry what your boss says, the carbon monoxide will kill you first :wink:

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … beque.html

tango boy:
You can get those camping stoves which come in a case, simply use it put back in the case and put it someware out of view. Hope this helps. :smiley:

I’ve just bought one at the Gooutdoors; £10, also, 8 cartridges (gas) £10. Small, comes in a flat plastic case, easy to handle. :sunglasses:

A lad i know uses a steamer and swears by it,nice healthy grub every day.

FMBOY:
A lad i know uses a steamer and swears by it,nice healthy grub every day.

But by christ, steamed food tastes awful.

toby1234abc:
The foreign drivers get to keep their own trailers all year round, so they can fit a fridge and a cooker in the trailer side lockers, along with side cupboards to store their food, all with padlocks on.

I’m happy to cook on the top step of the catwalk in the summer but I don’t really get why the europeans love those side boxes so much. If the lid gasket wore away or something got caught in the door it would be every meal with road salt. Plus as said many times before on here they’re preparing food where everyone else is having a ■■■■.

limeyphil:

hitch:
assuming your having nights out
use the night out money for the purpose it was intended

Do you actually know what it is intended for?

I must say, I always thought it was for the inconvenience of being away from home I know officially it was always to cover parking but stuff that.

Own Account Driver:

toby1234abc:
Plus as said many times before on here they’re preparing food where everyone else is having a ■■■■.

Adds to the flavour! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

DonutUK:
Our place has a ban on gas cookers in the cab.
All down to one driver, years back, didn’t turn the gas off properly, got up the next morning, sparked up a ■■■ and turned the cab into a fireball. Wrote the unit off and badly burned the driver. Of course everyone absolutely abides by the rules…

I carp fish all year round, :sunglasses: double burner from coleman :laughing: runs on unleaded, miles safer than gas! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: Our kid and I used to do exhibitions early 1990s :unamused: made Dover inbound and went on the lash! :open_mouth: went to bed about three in the morning, and BOOM big French fat ■■■■■■ trucker decides to spark up a smoke! :bulb: windscreen of his magnum allover the carpark! :laughing: dead Frenchman! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Own Account Driver:

toby1234abc:
The foreign drivers get to keep their own trailers all year round, so they can fit a fridge and a cooker in the trailer side lockers, along with side cupboards to store their food, all with padlocks on.

I’m happy to cook on the top step of the catwalk in the summer but I don’t really get why the europeans love those side boxes so much. If the lid gasket wore away or something got caught in the door it would be every meal with road salt. Plus as said many times before on here they’re preparing food where everyone else is having a ■■■■.

Just because they have no choice. Those poor blokes travelling up and down in Europe for six, eight weeks, this why they have so much “luggage”. Their cab is overcrowded, and, also; they can not really afford to have a meal like you. The other thing, some people taking a ■■■■ on the wheel even at motorway services, within 100 yards the toilet… No comment.