Impossible planning. How to deal with it

Ah, Yodel?

Dico:
Ah, Yodel?

Yes mate, didn’t want to give too many details lol.

I read the phone call as - we’re desperate for drivers for next week then we’re going to ■■■■ you off for being a git :wink:

Did a bit for them through agency. Nice easy work but the shifts were all over the place.

Dico:
Did a bit for them through agency. Nice easy work but the shifts were all over the place.

Yeah, they sure are.

The work should be really easy, made a bit daft by the stupid ott H+S and then a little worse by bad planning.

I was quite looking forward to working there to be honest, and the driving assessor was talking of taking people on in the new year and that he’d definitely be putting me forward for it after the driving assessment etc - not sure that’d stand now :laughing:

I’ve only been here a week and am already ready for jacking it and have been for almost a week :open_mouth: :laughing:

:smiley:

Bad planners boil my ■■■■. Whilst on the agency went into one firm for the day, they gave me the work, then said i had to wait for the night driver to come back as i was using that unit. Waited 30 mins, then had to diesel up, get the trailer and headed off to MK for my first drop. Told the office before i left i’d be late and why. Did the drop and rang in, the woman who answered asked for my arrival and departure times and then asked why i was late, as a delivery time is just that blah blah. Told her that her night driver was late back, i had to diesel up get the trailer then do my checks. All i got then was “well ring us when you’ve done your next one”. A month later back at the same place, job was trailer swap 2 hours away, take the full one to a mill in Banbury for 1pm. Got to the mill for 1pm, tipped by 2pm and rang the firm, said i needed a break, no problem they said, just head back after that. Then got a phone call at 3.30 asking why i was taking the ■■■■ as they needed the unit back at 2pm. Let them rant, then repeated the conversation i’d had with them after i tipped and nobody mentioned needing me back by 2pm, and as the vehicle was on tracker they knew where i was, and as it was a 1pm arrival, then a 30 min wait to tip how did they expect me to do a 2 hour journey in zero minutes? O, erm, “well how long will you be?” was their next question…They then argued about paying me the full hours i’d worked…refused to ever go back again.

You’re ■■■■ right. Tell them to stuff it.

The timings are often worked out using Google maps and a brain dead office waller that thinks an artic can travel as quick as a ■■■■ in a BMW 5 series…

They don’t change! :grimacing:

Truckulent:
You’re ■■■■ right. Tell them to stuff it.

The timings are often worked out using Google maps and a brain dead office waller that thinks an artic can travel as quick as a ■■■■ in a BMW 5 series

They don’t change! :grimacing:

OI!.. I drive a BMW 5 series :blush:

senior50:
I’m never late for a drop. The load sometimes is thought!!!

+1… I don’t think I’m paid enough to worry about things like that-the longer it takes the better for me, I tell them if they’re not happy with it then find someone else who can do a better job, strangely they haven’t found that special person yet…zb em’:lol:

I’m on at Yodel as well, although out of Wednesbury.

Got to say I have found them spot on so far. Work is easy, kit is decent…just wish I could a decent start time instead of mid mornings!

DonutUK:

Got to say I have found them spot on so far. Work is easy, kit is decent…just wish I could a decent start time instead of mid mornings!

I’ve not been down to the Wednesbury depot yet, although we do a lot of trips down there.
As I said, only been there a week and this happened, so not looking good for our future working relationship.

degsy4wheels:
Bad planners boil my ■■■■. Whilst on the agency went into one firm for the day, they gave me the work, then said i had to wait for the night driver to come back as i was using that unit. Waited 30 mins, then had to diesel up, get the trailer and headed off to MK for my first drop. Told the office before i left i’d be late and why. Did the drop and rang in, the woman who answered asked for my arrival and departure times and then asked why i was late, as a delivery time is just that blah blah. Told her that her night driver was late back, i had to diesel up get the trailer then do my checks. All i got then was “well ring us when you’ve done your next one”. A month later back at the same place, job was trailer swap 2 hours away, take the full one to a mill in Banbury for 1pm. Got to the mill for 1pm, tipped by 2pmand rang the firm, said i needed a break, no problem they said, just head back after that. Then got a phone call at 3.30 asking why i was taking the ■■■■ as they needed the unit back at 2pm. Let them rant, then repeated the conversation i’d had with them after i tipped and nobody mentioned needing me back by 2pm, and as the vehicle was on tracker they knew where i was, and as it was a 1pm arrival, then a 30 min wait to tip how did they expect me to do a 2 hour journey in zero minutes? O, erm, “well how long will you be?” was their next question…They then argued about paying me the full hours i’d worked…refused to ever go back again.

Is it just me that’s confused?

Load planners are only ADVISORS , the only person who can actually plan the loads that you do each day is yourself. You can receive reems of paper advising you of times and places etc , but you have the final say , tell them that if they see it differently then they should try and ACTUALLY do it themselves instead of only doing it CYBER SPACE

my son loves playing FIFA consul games where he is the manager of a football team. He wins the Champions League every now and then , he thinks its easy…it reminds me of my none driving load planners they think its easy too .

Here in Brisbane when I was ‘on the buses’ we had some prat sitting in an office with a map and a thing with a wheel on the end. He rolled this thing along a bus route and reckoned what time the trip could be done in. Needless to say, said prat forgot about bus stops, little old ladies looking for purses, traffic lights, traffic, etc, etc. Did it bovver me ? did it bollicks. Same applied on the trucks although I’m lucky to have only come across one prat planner and he was shown the error of his ways by way of embarrassing him with taking stuff back to the warehouse :smiley:

peterm:
Here in Brisbane when I was ‘on the buses’ we had some prat sitting in an office with a map and a thing with a wheel on the end. He rolled this thing along a bus route and reckoned what time the trip could be done in. Needless to say, said prat forgot about bus stops, little old ladies looking for purses, traffic lights, traffic, etc, etc. Did it bovver me ? did it bollicks. Same applied on the trucks although I’m lucky to have only come across one prat planner and he was shown the error of his ways by way of embarrassing him with taking stuff back to the warehouse :smiley:

I had the same when I was on the busses - a running board, aka a sun shade, as it gave you the start time then went in the window.

As I said, I’m not bothered about times, if something can be done and has a set time I’ll do what I can, but if it’s impossible, I’m going to put as much effort into getting there on time as the planner did allocating the time

suggest you go back to work and set off on your run. After about 3 hours call the office and speak to somebody other than this tart, ask them to ask the tart out loud if its ok if you go for a ■■■■■■

Listen pal, you don’t get paid extra for chasing your arse and they certainly wont visit you in hospital after you heart attack. If they start gobbing off down the phone then turn it off. If its via the iso track then rip out the wires. Chill out and plod along at your own pace and nobody else’s.

If a collection moans that you are late then simply say " ok, shall I go away and come back earlier". This normally gets the message across but if not then don’t allow them to start waffling on at you, simply say " look, are you going to load it or not, yes or no, it really is that simple".

DonutUK:

What happened to ROW

Truckbling:
suggest you go back to work and set off on your run. After about 3 hours call the office and speak to somebody other than this tart, ask them to ask the tart out loud if its ok if you go for a [zb].

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Listen pal, you don’t get paid extra for chasing your arse and they certainly wont visit you in hospital after you heart attack. If they start gobbing off down the phone then turn it off. If its via the iso track then rip out the wires. Chill out and plod along at your own pace and nobody else’s.

If a collection moans that you are late then simply say " ok, shall I go away and come back earlier". This normally gets the message across but if not then don’t allow them to start waffling on at you, simply say " look, are you going to load it or not, yes or no, it really is that simple".

i agree with all this and what muckaway said earlier about drivers being their own worst enemy for rushing about. only got yourselves to blame fellas.

adam1987:

DonutUK:

What happened to ROW

Got tired of being lied to about certain things…amongst other things.

DonutUK:

adam1987:

DonutUK:

What happened to ROW

Got tired of being lied to about certain things…amongst other things.

Was thinking of applying for the pink brigade anything i should know, pm if you want