Immigration

Well this is a subject close to everyones heart…it is affecting all of us…some say the crime rate is more higher now we have more immigrants…some say we cannot cope with the huge influx of asylum seekers…we cannot house them…we cannot continue to pay benefits to these people…we have a water shortage for our own population let alone these scroungers…the hospitals and doctors surgeries are crammed full…schools cannot cope with the influx…and dare i say that at last a tory bigwig decides to actually admit that it is a problem, its been a problem for years and nobody had dared to say anything except Enoch Powell in the rivers of blood speech…but he was right…and so is Michael Howard…but why say anything now…is it because an election is looming…is it a vote winner…yes…but what annoys me is when we have these immigrants ranting and raving on our streets about how bad this place is…and they are not kicked out…how anti british fanatics are not deported…take for example at the weekend when Bolton football club chairman was attacked in his car…and the car damaged.because of fanatics against the voting system and electorates in their home country Iraq…round them up…send them home…we welcome genuine asylum seekers here.even migrants…but only if they swear their allegiance to this country…and dont try and change our views or way of life…for we will never become a nation of muslims…this is not the new mecca…this is a christian country…and visitors should live by our rules…we should not allow other religions to segregate their children from ours by insisting that they should build mosques and special schools for their own religions…or be allowed to wear special clothing…imagine if the church of england decided to issue a uniform for all christians to wear which consisted of a cloak with a head scarf and a piece of leather to cover our mouths and eyes…sorry…but i`m a great believer of when in rome etc…no other country in europe changes the way it operates to suit any outsiders coming into it…they have rules and regulations to abide by…and so should we…
i rest my case…answers on a postage stamp to truckyboy c/o Trucknet

Agree with you 100% Truckyboy!

When is the ‘GREAT’ going to be put back into Great Britain?

Will the last one out turn out the lights please!!!

Thats seems to sum up the situation…as more immigrants come in then more of us seem to be heading for other countrys too.
In the last 3 months I know of at least 10 people who have “got the hell out of dodge” including my own parents that just sold up and headed for the south of France.

Bully

Bully:
Will the last one out turn out the lights please!!!

Thats seems to sum up the situation…as more immigrants come in then more of us seem to be heading for other countrys too.
In the last 3 months I know of at least 10 people who have “got the hell out of dodge” including my own parents that just sold up and headed for the south of France.

Bully

There’s the answer… if ya can’t beat the immigrants, become one!

Have a look at this site.bbc.co.uk/dna/ican/A2151785

Cheers,

Niall.

If I went to the States or Canada or even Australia could I claim Asylum? and if I did,would I be able to claim the same sort of help as we here in the UK provide?
I don’t think i could but it’d be nice to find out :confused:

sorry you can’t come to New Zealand, you speak english!

It seems to me that “OUR TONY” has a plan…he understands that many UK citizens are getting the hell out….these people are TAX PAYERS….or should I say EX TAX PAYERS…lol!. So he decides to ease the immigration laws to allow more immigrants to replace the UK citizens that are fleeing the country to balance the tax loss…the problem I see is that these immigrants then come over and don’t take any jobs at all and just live off the UK welfare system and thus adding more taxes to the poor buggers that are working there nuts off.

Bully.

BryanH:
If I went to the States or Canada or even Australia could I claim Asylum? and if I did,would I be able to claim the same sort of help as we here in the UK provide?

We couldn’t claim asylum in the UK either. Only people from countries with violent, militant, or dictator typed governments are allowed to do that… but then again, with Bush in for another 4 years we just might qualify by 2008 :wink:. It makes absolutely no sense to me why we put restrictions on immigration for citizens of proven long time, unconditional allied nations like the UK but let in anyone from any nation considered a military threat and then whine about how many terrorist cells we have here… has to be one the stupidest laws on the books.

Problem is President Blair has sold the country to Brussells…and we cant kick out any asylum seekers or terrorists because we may infringe their civil rights a chapter that our president signed up to behind our backs…we took the prisoners from Guantanamo bay and let them loose on our streets to do it all again…the prisoners we had locked up safely in the prison system for being members or asociated with known terror groups.and inciting fellow muslims to join the holy jihad…have been set free…because we infringed their civil rights and guess who is a civil rights lawyer…yes our own wicked witch…Mrs Cherrie Blair…must be short of work and asked her husband to let a few go…so whats the point of locking them up in the first place ■■
Roll on the elections…lets get rid of Blair once and for all…a long with the e.u.and its stupid human right laws that only we adhere to…same with the other rules i suppose…whats the one about governments are not allowed to put money to help support a failing company…AIR FRANCE comes to mind here for starters…i honestly believe that France and Germany are hell bent on trying to bring this country to its knees…hence the need to regulate us as each day passes…with taxes…border controls…asylum…etc etc…and im voting against it all..and toneandhoward` with his false promises…Kilroy Silk for me…and the country…i want it back…and to be run by brits…i rest my case…anger over,
have a nice day

everybody screams about immigrants,but its not new they have been flooding into this country for years.For a start millions of irsh have come here.i am of irish descent(ulster actually),poles & hungarians flooded here ,not a word said or is it because they were white.

It was thoseZZ@@bs Normans that started all this immigration lark back in 1066, all the rest came to conquer those ZZ@@s stayed.

BryanH:

You’d have to come from a country where you are being persecuted in order to claim asylum in the US. My suggestion is to emmigrate first to Zimbabwe or Sudan, then claim asylum and come to the US. I’d also suggest North Korea as an interim step, but you might never get back out!!

Does being taxed to death count as persecution or being spied on in every movement we make whether its at work or in public?.

Inspite of all the left wing chardonnay sipping intelligesia in Australia screaming that we are a nation off racsists,xenophobes etc etc,the Government here has shown some backbone on this worldwide problem.
Mandatory detention,or concentration camp as the bleeding hearts call them-notice NOT one of the bleeding hearts has offered an ILLEGAL immigrant an offer to live in their homes with all board and keep-which means the flood of fishing boats,rafts etc that were arriving by the hour in Australia has now reached zero.
Word gets back to these freeloaders that turning up on someones doorstep and demanding free living isn’t on.
Also Australia takes more genuine refugees per head of population than the rest of the world.
Note that I mentioned "Genuine"not so called economic refo’s that decide living in a Western nation seems a good idea and the government is weak and will bend over backwards if you mention the racist word.
I would like a new Ferrari and the wealthy family down the road owns one,why dont I squat in his house and scream persecution if I am not given the new car,swimming pool etc?
And a nice touch by the government here,if you are found to be an opportunistic refugee the bill for your stay in Australia is included on your one way trip back home.

Also the recent Iraqi elections and the problems in the UK were reported here.Iraqis living in Western Australia wern’t happy that a polling booth wasn’t local,never mind postal votes which I thought were pretty simple to understand,the riot in down town Perth demanding a polling booth…
We have councils here now that forbade any pork,ham etc in council meetings,events etc because it will offend those of muslim faith.One council has issued a summons and fine to a man flying an Australian flag in his front lawn because"People have complained of what the flag represents"fair enough in Istanbul,Cairo etc.Assimilation anyone?Guests offending their hosts is the latest rage.

AlexxInNY:
You’d have to come from a country where you are being persecuted in order to claim asylum in the US. My suggestion is to emmigrate first to Zimbabwe or Sudan, then claim asylum and come to the US. I’d also suggest North Korea as an interim step, but you might never get back out!!

That wouldn’t work either… as nation of origin would still be the UK. Since the UK doesn’t revoke citizenship because of emmigration to another country, they’d still be classed as British when trying to come to the US. So if asylum was the grounds for the immigration petition, the US would just send them back to the UK as UK citizens.

As much as you may not want to admit it, the truth is that most immigrants are hard workers who will do any job just to survive… regardless of what that is. The few that don’t, and live off the system are not the typical example that you should be basing your opinion on. I would think you’d be proud to live in a country that the rest of the world idolizes and strives to become citizens of…
I think maybe you take a lot for granted.

If I were British I’d be spending more time complaining about the financial support the goverment gives to the obsolete roll of the monarchy before I would moan about its immigration policies… it’s a much bigger waste of tax payer money to support just one family, don’t ya think? Especially when you consider the private resources that the royal family has.

Royal income, expenditure and business activity

Public funds (known as the ‘Civil List’) and government departments together meet the costs of The Queen’s official duties. In 2000 a Royal Trustees’ Report recommended that Civil List payments should remain at the 1991 level of £7.9 million a year for a further ten years from 2001. About 70 per cent of The Queen’s Civil List provision is needed to meet the cost of staff. Under the Civil List, the Duke of Edinburgh receives an annual parliamentary allowance of £359,000 to enable him to carry out his public duties. .

In June 2002 an annual report of Civil List expenditure was published for the first time as part of the Royal Household’s commitment to openness and accountability in its use of public money. According to the latest report, issued in June 2003, The Queen’s total expenditure as Head of State in 2002/03 was £36.2 million, of which £16.6 million was spent on the upkeep of the royal palaces, £4.2 million on royal travel, and £526,000 on communications and information services. The Queen’s private expenditure as Sovereign comes from the Privy ■■■■■, which is financed mainly from the revenues of the Duchy of Lancaster.

I am sorry kate but you did not put the other side of the debate

foward, Yes we do have costs that are incurred in the way the ROYAL

FAMILY is looked after, YET now what about the fact of all those of

the tourists who come from all over the many countries we have on this

planet and I do belive that quite a few do come from the good old

USA, and let us not forget when our members of the ROYAL FAMILY

vist other countries they also take many of the Industrial firms

representatives to show,sell and sign contracts for new work which

either keeps people in work or as normal brings more work places

so I am sorry but I diagree with you and YES I suppose I am a

ROYALIST; WE will always have a problem with immirgration and

there is no god given answer only the hope that those who wish

to reside here in GB will be honest,hardworking, and not potential

terrorists waiting to carry out what ever they have been trained to do.

One interesting point came out today, If you die Intestate in Cornwall, the money from your estate goes to Prince Charles and the Duchy of Cornwall

I suppose it will come in handy to pay for a face lift for Camilla :stuck_out_tongue:

This I know is a bit simplistic but, if a country has an immigrant problem it’s because it’s worth living in. Just be glad you don’t live in the countries the immigrants are coming from. Still got to limit them though this isn’t the biggest country in the world and it’s a tad crowded.