Immigration

Agree 100%
I think that the government should listen to the majority,and not keep listening to these minority do gooders,like these nutters from LIBERTY
seems to me you cant even discuss this issue without being labelled a racist or infringing some terrorists/black persons/muslims human rights.
■■■■ em all,If you cant live how the majority of us live,then dont come here and try and change our country to how you want it. :imp: :imp: :imp:
we will be having public beheadings and stonings soon and alcohol and pork will disappear from our supermarkets.
Just look at the ■■■■ hole that london has become(or has it always been that bad) :laughing:

brit pete…

My comment about the royal family wasn’t intended to be a debate, it was an opinion… pure and simple, one that I believe many British citizens would agree with me over. I don’t really want to argue, because it won’t serve a purpose and neither of us will change the others mind… but … I will point a couple things out before I shut up on the subject entirely…

With all due respect…You under estimate your country if you think the current monarchy is the main tourist attraction… it just isn’t. Tourists will continue to come to England with or without the royal family… the attraction is the historical value of the nation…it’s one of the richest historical countries there is. I know a lot of people who have been to England, have toured the historical sites throughout the country and not one of them has ever been invited into the palace for tea…including myself. I can only speak as an American on this, but the most popular tourist site in England for the average US visitor is Stratford upon Avon… Seems to me you’re forgetting Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Sulgrave Manor, Stonehenge, the moors, Hadrian’s Wall, Roman ruins, even Liverpool and Silverstone, … ect ect ect I could go on and on and on… These have nothing to do with royalty. And being that we Americans have such strong genetic ties to your country, most of us that visit try to spend some time in the towns and villages our families originated from… and I don’t think many of us are royal descendents. England is a beautiful and spectacular country which doesn’t need to rely on the monarchy to attract tourism… its simply a tradition that many find hard to let go of.

Again, with all due respect… The royal family’s contributions to the global economy is no more or less than that of Donald Trump… and I would guess its done for the same reasons his are… personal profit. These industrial representatives would be doing business whether they travel with the royal family or not… seems to me that they’re just riding some royal coat tails.

As far as immigration goes, my response was in regard to the topic of asylum seekers… not genuine immigration applicants. The US could use some restructuring of its asylum policies as well… but immigration is a completely different issue. If you go back far enough in your own family tree, I would imagine you’d find an immigrant or two along the way. It’s easy to complain about it when we’re the ones that have, and they’re the ones that want…