Immigration hits all-time high

OwenMoney:

JeffA:
Why would you want us to work for £84 while the Germans get 67%of their salary for doing absolutely nothing? Who won the war again?

You pay as much tax as the germans do but get zip back and you still think you get too much at £84! The govt must be laughing their nuts off.

In France it is calculated at 75 % of the last employment, and calculated over your working life. So i am entitled to over 2000 euros a month for three years (ish) as i’ve never been unemployed.
After the 960 odd days i can go onto unemployment, recently increased due to inflation, at around 1600 euros a month.

Incredible.
While the British have their nose in the dirt. Asking “sir” if we can work for our £84 a week.

JeffA:

tmcassett:
I was commenting on the career benefit scroungers that are being discussed in this thread. If you are okay with the fact these people will never work or contribute a day in their lives and are more than happy for us to fund their lifestyles as they pop out more and more kids then you crack on, but you also must understand while the rest of get frustrated.

Just the language you used - “scroungers” - its usually a sign of a certain kind of person

So just to clarify so I’m clear here, you have no problem with the people I describe above and see nothing wrong what they are doing or why they do it?

tmcassett:

JeffA:

tmcassett:
I was commenting on the career benefit scroungers that are being discussed in this thread. If you are okay with the fact these people will never work or contribute a day in their lives and are more than happy for us to fund their lifestyles as they pop out more and more kids then you crack on, but you also must understand while the rest of get frustrated.

Just the language you used - “scroungers” - its usually a sign of a certain kind of person

So just to clarify so I’m clear here, you have no problem with the people I describe above and see nothing wrong what they are doing or why they do it?

No,.because he thinks they only get 84 notes a week. :laughing:
Who tf can… and actually does live on 84 quid ffs.

Maybe they should max it ti 84 quid, the lazy basts would sure as hell get off their arses then to look for work…AND find it !!

tmcassett:

JeffA:

tmcassett:

Not particuarly no. Liz truss took the country for 60 billion in 2 weeks. Theres bigger problems than a few blokes om £84 a week.

robroy:

tmcassett:

JeffA:

tmcassett:

No,.because he thinks they only get 84 notes a week. :laughing:
Who tf can… and actually does live on 84 quid ffs.

Maybe they should max it ti 84 quid, the lazy basts would sure as hell get off their arses then to look for work…AND find it !!

No I dont think thats what they get - that IS what they get. Have you ever been on the dole? I know if you read the sun its £500,000 a week.
I remember during lockdown whem middle class people lost their jobs they were claiming dole for the first time going “£80 a week? How can you live on that? I thought you got hundreds and hundreds”. :laughing:

Womder how they woud have moaned if they had to work a 40 hour week for it.

JeffA:

tmcassett:

Not particuarly no. Liz truss took the country for 60 billion in 2 weeks. Theres bigger problems than a few blokes om £84 a week.

I don’t know what’s more unreal, the fact you think it’s only “a few blokes” playing the system or that you think they are only on £84 a week. :unamused:

tmcassett:

JeffA:

tmcassett:

I don’t know what’s more unreal, the fact you think it’s only “a few blokes” playing the system or that you think they are only on £84 a week. :unamused:

I dont “think” it - look up jobseekers allowance. How much do you think they get?

Let me just explain this again as it doesn’t seem to be sinking in. You pay MORE tax than the germans and the french. When they lose their jobs they get TWO-THIRDS OF THEIR SALARY FOR DOLE FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. When you lose your job you get £84 a week. And you even think that’s too much for you. You want to work a 40 hour week for your £84.

“Please sir, I’m not tired can I do another shift for my £84?”

Oh and of course - you’ll be working till you’re 70 while the French retire at 62. Don’t tell me - you think that’s fair enough too.

I need to congratulate these guys I see in the boozer at the weekend, who I know have been on the dole for ■■■■ years,…(maybe because a couple of them boast about it,) on how they manage their finances, they manage to walk around in designer sports gear, top notch mobile phones, have their days in the pub,.and still manage to eat, keep their families and pay their rent all on 84 quid. :open_mouth:
They should be in charge of the UK economy ffs. :open_mouth:
:laughing: :laughing:
I do not read the sun fyi btw. :smiley:
And as for the French and the Germans??
CGAF…they are in the EU, we ain’t…thank ■■■■. :smiley:
What about the Eskimos and the Maoris I say… :laughing:
Same relevance.

robroy:
I need to congratulate these guys I see in the boozer at the weekend, who I know have been on the dole for [zb] years,…(maybe because a couple of them boast about it,) on how they manage their finances, they manage to walk around in designer sports gear, top notch mobile phones, have their days in the pub,.and still manage to eat, keep their families and pay their rent all on 84 quid. :open_mouth:
They should be in charge of the UK economy ffs. :open_mouth:
:laughing: :laughing:
I do not read the sun fyi btw. :smiley:
And as for the French and the Germans??
CGAF…they are in the EU, we ain’t…thank [zb]. :smiley:

Well I’ve claimed dole - at that time I got £70 a week. That was it. Your mates must be claiming dole in Narnia cos it sure ain’t the UK. Everyone I know on the dole is skint. If it’s that good why do not do it? It sounds like they get paid more than you do.

But the point was French people get 2/3 of the salary and we get £84. And you pay more tax than they do. And you seem really happy bending over for that. Why?

BTW, have you ever claimed dole? How much did you get? That’s the best way of knowing how much money you get on the dole isn’t it. I knew someone who was always saying how much money you get on the dole - then he lost his job. Next time I saw him he was haggard and said “I get £73 a week. How can I live on that? I can’t pay the bills”. And funnily enough - I saw him years later and he still says “They get so much money on the dole”. Even tho when he was on the dole he was crying his eyes out to me skint now he seems to have forgotten reality and got back into what the Daily Mail says. They believe what they’re told to believe. It’s like a cult.

But it ain’t just dole is it, it’s the supplementary stuff that tops it up to…as you say more than I get.
If you choose to disbelieve or refute that,.that’s up to you, I ain’t fussed.

Being in or out of the EU has nothing to do with unemployment payments. That’s down to national governments.

French retirement will be 64 not 62.

JeffA:
BTW, have you ever claimed dole? How much did you get? That’s the best way of knowing how much money you get on the dole isn’t it. I knew someone who was always saying how much money you get on the dole - then he lost his job. Next time I saw him he was haggard and said “I get £73 a week. How can I live on that? I can’t pay the bills”. And funnily enough - I saw him years later and he still says “They get so much money on the dole”. Even tho when he was on the dole he was crying his eyes out to me skint now he seems to have forgotten reality and got back into what the Daily Mail says. They believe what they’re told to believe. It’s like a cult.

Ironically I agree with you for different reasons.The qualifying criteria are a joke and the whole lot can be stopped on an arbitrary whim.Also like the state pension it’s not contractual.
Any private income protection insurance policy or pension run on these terms would be laughed at by consumers as a joke.
Obviously we don’t have that choice with these stealth tax scams.No surprise no Labour government has ever fixed that.

JeffA:

tmcassett:

I dont “think” it - look up jobseekers allowance. How much do you think they get?

Let me just explain this again as it doesn’t seem to be sinking in. You pay MORE tax than the germans and the french. When they lose their jobs they get TWO-THIRDS OF THEIR SALARY FOR DOLE FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. When you lose your job you get £84 a week. And you even think that’s too much for you. You want to work a 40 hour week for your £84.

Oh and of course - you’ll be working till you’re 70 while the French retire at 62. Don’t tell me - you think that’s fair enough too.

No, let ME explain again. I am not talking about the single guy who has found himself out of work and has had to sign on for dole money - your right that may only be £84 or whatever it is.

I am talking about the whole generation of career benefit scroungers we have now - Mum, who pops out kids left, right and centre, Dad(s) who has never worked a day in his/their lives and has no intention of doing so. As I mentioned I used to see it on a daily basis with my own eyes for several years and believe me, they are being given significantly more than £84 a week with all the top ups and extra benefits they claim. You are very naïve if you think these people are not.

Plus I have no idea, why you keep going off on tangents about politicians dodging tax or retirement ages in France as that is nothing to do with the point I am making here.

tmcassett:

JeffA:

tmcassett:

No, let ME explain again. I am not talking about the single guy who has found himself out of work and has had to sign on for dole money - your right that may only be £84 or whatever it is.

I am talking about the whole generation of career benefit scroungers we have now - Mum, who pops out kids left, right and centre, Dad(s) who has never worked a day in his/their lives and has no intention of doing so. As I mentioned I used to see it on a daily basis with my own eyes for several years and believe me, they are being given significantly more than £84 a week with all the top ups and extra benefits they claim. You are very naïve if you think these people are not.

Plus I have no idea, why you keep going off on tangents about politicians dodging tax or retirement ages in France as that is nothing to do with the point I am making here.

For my part, Jeff can speak for himself.

There are certainly those who are full time scroungers. Always have been, always will be.
Are they mostly immigrants or asylum seekers?
If they are “fit young men” then they won`t be claiming for families, will they?
They will be fit for work and once processed they should be in work, or deported. Once processed they will be out of the hostels and hotels they are currently in. It is a failure of the Home Office that there are so many “in storage”.
Braverman is right in saying the system is broken. She and Patel broke it.

What is happening elsewhere is relevant as a point of comparison.
Other similar economies, France/Germany are paying more in unemployment benefits, but dont seem to suffer as a country do they? Isnt it that the UK politicians keep monies down and force unemployed into work in poorly paying jobs, which are then subsidised by the state paying benefits to those in work. Poor employers get more profit and we pay for it, bad pay, and through taxes that should go to unemployed, not in work poor!

Proportion of pop born abroad: France 13%, Germany 19%, UK 14%, 2020 figures.
visualcapitalist.com/cp/map … opulation/
Those countries don`t seem to be blaming all their woes on immigrants, do they? Sure, there are those who are anti-foreigner etc, but it seems to nme that the UK Gov uses either the EU, or migrants, etc to be the scapegoats for all of their mismanagement.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

For my part, Jeff can speak for himself.

There are certainly those who are full time scroungers. Always have been, always will be.
Are they mostly immigrants or asylum seekers?
If they are “fit young men” then they won`t be claiming for families, will they?
They will be fit for work and once processed they should be in work, or deported. Once processed they will be out of the hostels and hotels they are currently in. It is a failure of the Home Office that there are so many “in storage”.
Braverman is right in saying the system is broken. She and Patel broke it.

What is happening elsewhere is relevant as a point of comparison.
Other similar economies, France/Germany are paying more in unemployment benefits, but dont seem to suffer as a country do they? Isnt it that the UK politicians keep monies down and force unemployed into work in poorly paying jobs, which are then subsidised by the state paying benefits to those in work. Poor employers get more profit and we pay for it, bad pay, and through taxes that should go to unemployed, not in work poor!

Proportion of pop born abroad: France 13%, Germany 19%, UK 14%, 2020 figures.
visualcapitalist.com/cp/map … opulation/
Those countries don`t seem to be blaming all their woes on immigrants, do they? Sure, there are those who are anti-foreigner etc, but it seems to nme that the UK Gov uses either the EU, or migrants, etc to be the scapegoats for all of their mismanagement.

My point has nothing to do with Immigrants or asylum seekers so no idea what any of your post above has to do with what I said. I’m talking about the born and bred Jeremy Kyle generation from the UK who see benefits as a lifestyle choice rather than a necessity between work or illness.

tmcassett:
My point has nothing to do with Immigrants or asylum seekers so no idea what any of your post above has to do with what I said. I’m talking about the born and bred Jeremy Kyle generation from the UK who see benefits as a lifestyle choice rather than a necessity between work or illness.

Interesting topic maybe.
Why not start a thread about it?

tmcassett:

JeffA:

tmcassett:

I can only tell you what I got when I claimed - £73 a week.

Im just saying why go after the bloke on £84 a week while the rich bloke robs more in unpaid tax?

JeffA:
I can only tell you what I got when I claimed - £73 a week.

Im just saying why go after the bloke on £84 a week while the rich bloke robs more in unpaid tax?

Firstly; I couldn’t agree more with you regarding the likes of Google etc paying eff all into the system that they regularly milk, but we are where we are with that because of high level endemic corruption and trouser lining.

Secondly; you received £73 because you are a rank amateur at the game! There’s no shame in that by the way, I’d be the same because I have (quite proudly) zero knowledge in how to work the system. I suspect that like myself you take pride in a fair days work for a fair days wage.

The problem lies with those to whom benefit fraud and working the system is a lifestyle choice. Sure the benefits system should in an ideal world be a safety net for genuine workers who have unfortunately fallen into difficult times, but has been explained here we have many, many cases of the third generation exploiting the system that we all pay into. Surely that can’t be right? By all means go after large corporations, but every journey starts with the first step, so someone needs to be accountable.

No - if you are a single man you get £73. There was nothing else i could claim.

If you really think everyone on the dole is paid better money than you why not do it? I did and was absolutely skint.

Why not do it? Simple reason; pride.