Immigrants returning home?

Just watching Sky news,and it says that 1 million immigrants have arrived in this country since 2004,however 500,000 have gone back home,mainly Poles,Czechs and Balkan state.

I think they’ve found that the grass isn’t always greener,however I read yesterday,that a lot are moving to Sweden.

Isn’t the cost of living in Sweden supposed to be as bad as here?

Ken.

I heard that on radio 2. I wish i’d bought a coach now, i could of helped take the poor dears home :laughing:

do they not get the NI and TAX contributions back if they return after 2 years?

Or is that urban myth?

Good luck to them in Sweden! Was there last year and it cost £6 for a pint and everything else was about twice the cost of living here as well!

Alex

Quinny:
Just watching Sky news,and it says that 1 million immigrants have arrived in this country since 2004 …

No, sorry Ken, you’re wrong - absolutely wrong!!

It’s only 13000 immigrants - the gummermint sez so!!

Stan

Wages are increasing in Poland and with the pound being very weak there becomes less reason to come to the UK, the difference in wage has become too little to warrant being away from home. When I came back to the UK 2 years ago I knew 30 Poles as workmates or friends, 12 remain and out of that only 4 feel they will make a home here.

I still work back in Denmark most of the time and I would say there are a lot of Poles arriving, mostly construction workers, but a fair number of professional types appearing in Copenhagen, its not easy to get a residence permit in Denmark unless you and the company you work for can prove a need for you, but I reckon as there are too many buildings going up for Danes alone to build, so I think a blind eye is turned as long as the advantage is to Denmark. I work in stage productions in DK and a lot of the local crews (hands) are Polish, not rocket science, they work harder and don’t complain as much as the Danes.

Sweden like Denmark is an expensive place with high taxes, but the wages are higher, so I guess it works out okay for them, I do not complain working in Denmark, so I guess its the same thing. Also Sweden is very close to Poland which makes it attractive, I live in southern Poland and I can get to Denmark in 12 hours driving and on that note the plane tickets to the UK are getting dearer, so another reason to look elsewhere.

The agency I do some driving for when I am in Blighty aren’t getting as many Eastern Europeans asking for work, same at the restaurant were the wife works, I think it peaked a while ago and most will leave sooner rather than later.

Spacemonkeypg:

Or is that urban myth?

More like MMTM. :laughing:

If you leave the UK, you can claim overpaid tax back by submitting a P85. CLICKY

macplaxton:
If you leave the UK, you can claim overpaid tax back by submitting a P85. CLICKY

If you stop working you can also reclaim overpaid tax

Your weekly Tax is based on average expected yearly earnings, if you cease working mid way through the tax year your entitled to reclaim your overpayment.

:wink:

Indeed, Davey Driver, you can claim for lots of things back from the tax man. The trick is knowing what you can and can’t claim for - don’t ask, don’t get!

MR VAIN:
I heard that on radio 2. I wish i’d bought a coach now, i could of helped take the poor dears home :laughing:

dont know about that rob… more standing room in the trailer. :smiling_imp: :open_mouth:

Spacemonkeypg:

Or is that urban myth?

:smiley: if this was true I’d be leaving tomorrow. Just think about it: someone has just retired and is going to spend the rest of his life in Spain and asks for 30+ years worth of taxes and NI contributions to be paid back to him… a bunch of money, isn’t it?
Taxes never go back to you. You can only get back overpaid income tax for the last two tax years. I.e. if someone leaves in say May, he/she would have only earned his April wage in the UK which is the most probably below tax free allowance but would have paid the income tax (PAYE) - so can ask to get this amount back.

For a start its local election time…secondly…immigration is on most peoples minds when it comes to our government…get the picture…if they cant count em in…i`m sure as hell dont believe that theyre counting them out…
next…where else can they go where a country would be so generous, cheap housing…child benefit…where you dont even have to supply the kids…where the tax benefits are so generous…good ol blighty…and they will stay here…cos the pound wont stay low forever…dont believe everything you read…

just wondering how many have gone back home but are still getting family allowance paid into the bank for kids that where never here in the first place :confused:

i dont beleive it, cant trust the goverment on anything,

so does that mean we can invade eastern europe now to get revenge if its now so attractive lol :laughing:

truckyboy:
For a start its local election time…secondly…immigration is on most peoples minds when it comes to our government…get the picture…if they cant count em in…i`m sure as hell dont believe that theyre counting them out…
next…where else can they go where a country would be so generous, cheap housing…child benefit…where you dont even have to supply the kids…where the tax benefits are so generous…good ol blighty…and they will stay here…cos the pound wont stay low forever…dont believe everything you read…

Bang on the money !!!

went to do a drop the other day and when i got there the que to tip was from top to bottom of the road and round the corner, asked security bloke what the hold up was and amomgst the reaons he gave was a load of poles had gone home leaving them short of blokes in there warehouses

Quinny:
Isn’t the cost of living in Sweden supposed to be as bad as here?

Ken.

Aren’t the standards of living much higher in Sweden?
[/quote]

I’m really glad the poles are going home. maybe there will be BEER left in the pub by sunday lunchtime. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
I’m really glad the poles are going home. maybe there will be BEER left in the pub by sunday lunchtime. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: Think you just solved a puzzle . I always wondered why JD Wetherspoons in Banbury never has draught beer on Sunday evening. On all occasions I’ve been there I’ve had to make do with bottled beer.

ady1:
went to do a drop the other day and when i got there the que to tip was from top to bottom of the road and round the corner, asked security bloke what the hold up was and amomgst the reaons he gave was a load of poles had gone home leaving them short of blokes in there warehouses

What a shame. And maybe the locals wont work there as they favoured Mr EU over Mr UK.

What goes around, comes around.