I'm off to Italy omg

i’m of to italy on monday and will make my dream of being a euro driver come true i’m made up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: any tips advice and that are very welcome :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: if you see a road track iveco with a lost nutter at the wheel feel free to say hello :wink: :laughing:

lug84:
i’m of to italy on monday and will make my dream of being a euro driver come true i’m made up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: any tips advice and that are very welcome

Italy is the one that is shaped like a boot. I think.

Have a good trip!

When you get through the Mont Blanc tunnel call in too Autoporto.A big shopping centre and a cheap whiskey shop, get your supplies and have a safe journey!!

That’s at Aosta, in the old days we used to have to do the T-forms there.

thanks guys first of many trips for me i hope :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Do you know what tunnel you are going through? Mont Blanc seems to be favourite these days.

good luck Lug84!! :smiley:

i don’t know yet harry i will go to the yard sunday and sort me cab out and get my cmrs and address i’m not going on my own there are two trucks going the same place me and one of our drivers who will show me the ropes its like being back at school lol . i just don’t want to mess up i’d like to do euro work full time so i’ll find out next week if i got what it takes :wink: :sunglasses:

If the mafia stop you, just go along with whatever they tell you and they won’t shoot you.
Well not on purpose anyway.

kenno78:
good luck Lug84!! :smiley:

thanks very much :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

limeyphil:
If the mafia stop you, just go along with whatever they tell you and they won’t shoot you.
Well not on purpose anyway.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i hope i’ll be ok i’ve seen good fellas :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lug84:
i’m of to italy on monday and will make my dream of being a euro driver come true i’m made up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: any tips advice and that are very welcome :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: if you see a road track iveco with a lost nutter at the wheel feel free to say hello :wink: :laughing:

Good luck mate,…always found the Frejus tunnel easier, especially in bad weather, if you are going via Mont Blanc and your empty and its snowing, take it easy, especially on the twisty bits leading up to the tunnel French side

Hows your Italian■■?..English speaking italians few and far between and they look down their nose at you like you are a piece of crap on the bottom of their shoe.

Hope you have a card for the tolls cos they are everywhere.

And don’t forget official speed limit for trucks is 80kph, although if you stick to it everyone will come flying past you

Envy you…was doing Italy for a Belgian guy till just before Xmas, then got called on New Years Day to be told i was laid off…gutted, and nothing on the horizon :cry:

i don’t know how much euro work i’m going to get if i do well next week i might get to do more of it so fingers crossed as for the lingo nope none yet and as for them looking at me like crap thats no problem i’ve driven in th uk for 3years so i’m used to that lol :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I see your in sunny Kent too…where you live and who you work for■■?

If your gonna park up on motorway service areas, park up early cus they only usually have spaces for 10-15 trucks. If you use proper truckstops like Carisio or Alcatraz there is no probs for space, showers or meal and a couple of beers.

Buon Giorno - Good day (hello)
Per Favore - please (may be spelt wrong)
Grazie - thank you
Si - yes
Non - no
Com es dai (spelling?) - how are you?
Va benne - very well/good
Caricari/ scaricari - load/ unload (Maybe wrong way around its been a while!)
Semaforo - traffic light
Izqiuerda - a la derecha - Left / right
Quanto costa - how much
Dove? - where? (pronounced doe vay)
Thats all stuff i picked up, it might not be exact but its not far off the right meanings.
Good luck and i hope you enjoy it. I spent many happy weekends in Italy

Not bad jb for someone who can only just speak english!!! only kidding.Do you remember your 1st trip to italy■■? I can like yesterday for mr eric bacon(EBTS) 15years ago.Good luck to the driver at the top of the page.

birra…beer
onatra birra…another beer…pronounced unatra

greg50:
birra…beer
onatra birra…another beer…pronounced unatra

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: pmsl i forgot the important ones greg!
Latte machiato- a milky coffee in a tall glass… Good to clear a frizzante hangover in a morning :laughing: :laughing:

daniel james page:
Not bad jb for someone who can only just speak english!!! only kidding.Do you remember your 1st trip to italy■■? I can like yesterday for mr eric bacon(EBTS) 15years ago.Good luck to the driver at the top of the page.

Bloody kiwi`s! :wink: