Im not doing that im a driver!

was just wondering if anyone has or has dealt with this attitude and approach, i know in places ive worked before and where i work now its common place, myself i am quite happy to drive a van or pickup or even sweep a floor if asked…

I’ll be more than happy to drive a van if we had any that is, but wouldn’t want a pay cut though, imagine that no taco, no weight restrictions, taking little short cuts down scenic roads, it would be great.

There will always be some ■■■■■■■ who say “I’m not doing that, I’m a truck driver”…P45?

I think its little bit like that where i work but instead of people kicking up a fuss they just “disappear” and keep out of view. I dont care what i do really, normally if theres nothing to do or im being loaded and cant help, i just litter pick and tidy up in the yard. I went out in the transit tipper today, its quality no tacho (unless trailer is on), no ■■■■■■■ about with lengthy daily checks (lights, tyres, water and oil), away you go.

Saaamon:
no [zb] about with lengthy daily checks (lights, tyres, water and oil), away you go.

Really :confused:

I would be ok with a van or pickup. it would be a change.

At the end of the day I’m employed by the company, as long as I get my wages paid into the bank, I’d drive the bosses golf cart around the course. Also been known to give the lads in the workshop a hand when its quiet, and made their brews !

kemaro:
im not doing that im a driver !!!..

was just wondering if anyone has or has dealt with this attitude and approach,

Me, I have it. But only the first four words, I don’t qualify it with any lame ■■■ excuse.

pete-b:

Saaamon:
no [zb] about with lengthy daily checks (lights, tyres, water and oil), away you go.

Yes, really.

Coffeeholic:

kemaro:

Me, I have it. But only the first four words, I don’t qualify it with any lame ■■■ excuse.

We had 8 out of our10 drivers who shared this view.
They are now redundant.

Regards,
Nick

ncooper:

Coffeeholic:

kemaro:

We had 8 out of our10 drivers who shared this view.
They are now redundant.

Regards,
Nick

Sorry, I’m not getting your point, what have your 8 drivers situation got to do with me? :confused: :confused:

Lol shall i get the popcorn out?

Saaamon:

pete-b:

Saaamon:

Yes, really.

If in a van or any other vehicle you should always do your daily checks

Used to work for a firm who had vehicles from small van upto artics the rate was £6.50 upto 7.5t then £7.5 for cat C upto artic

Yep sometimes the artic drivers were asked to drive a van but only on a rare occasion & yep they did but this was a small family run firm

animal:

Saaamon:

pete-b:

Saaamon:

Yes, really.

If in a van or any other vehicle you should always do your daily checks

Used to work for a firm who had vehicles from small van upto artics the rate was £6.50 upto 7.5t then £7.5 for cat C upto artic

Yep sometimes the artic drivers were asked to drive a van but only on a rare occasion & yep they did but this was a small family run firm

Anyway aint it the fitters job to check it over :wink: lol

Coffeeholic:
Sorry, I’m not getting your point, what have your 8 drivers situation got to do with me? :confused: :confused:

Nothing.
They merely shared your attitude.

Regards,
Nick

ncooper:

Coffeeholic:

Nothing.

Regards,
Nick

I see. It’s good to know I’m not alone, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Coffeeholic:

ncooper:

Coffeeholic:

Nothing.

Regards,
Nick

I see. It’s good to know I’m not alone, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

cant tell hes a “BOSS” can you !!!

I don’t care what work ask me to do provided any necessary equipment is provided for me. I get paid class 2 money even if I’m out in the van or picking litter up in the yard. My view is if they want to pay their drivers to mooch around litter picking then that’s their lookout.

i will do just about anything with in reason so long as im paid apart from running illegal.

those days are long gone where the driver dictates the work