Im not doing that im a driver!

As long as i dont get my hands dirty or break a sweat or mix with antisocial elements im alright…

…Ok, i only do trunk. :smiley: :smiley:

Dogtanian:
those days are long gone where the driver dictates the work

No in scotch land matey.

pavaroti:

Dogtanian:

No in scotch land matey.

Or in Engurlund.

Saaamon:

animal:

Saaamon:

pete-b:

Saaamon:
no [zb] about with lengthy daily checks (lights, tyres, water and oil), away you go.

Really :confused:

Yes, really.

If in a van or any other vehicle you should always do your daily checks

Used to work for a firm who had vehicles from small van upto artics the rate was £6.50 upto 7.5t then £7.5 for cat C upto artic

Yep sometimes the artic drivers were asked to drive a van but only on a rare occasion & yep they did but this was a small family run firm

Anyway aint it the fitters job to check it over :wink: lol

So why do we have daily checks is that not the fitters job :laughing: :laughing:

What happens if you dont have a fitter at your place of work :question: :bulb:

I like to check the water levels & oil also the tyres as it is my licence & is down to your the driver after al :unamused: :unamused:

animal:

Saaamon:

animal:

Saaamon:

pete-b:

Saaamon:
no [zb] about with lengthy daily checks (lights, tyres, water and oil), away you go.

Yes, really.

Used to work for a firm who had vehicles from small van upto artics the rate was £6.50 upto 7.5t then £7.5 for cat C upto artic

Yep sometimes the artic drivers were asked to drive a van but only on a rare occasion & yep they did but this was a small family run firm

So why do we have daily checks is that not the fitters job :laughing: :laughing:

I like to check the water levels & oil also the tyres as it is my licence & is down to your the driver after al :unamused: :unamused:

As long as the wheels are round thats good enough.

pavaroti:

Dogtanian:

No in scotch land matey.

how ya didling nice to see you again

What about green deisel land
now you take the truck to malan driver
yes boss
And make sure your CVs up to date for when you get back to yard driver
3 bags full boss

animal:

Saaamon:

animal:

Saaamon:

pete-b:

Saaamon:

Yes, really.

the oil and water levels has naff all to do with your licnece

Dogtanian:

pavaroti:

Dogtanian:

No in scotch land matey.

how ya didling nice to see you again

What about green deisel land
now you take the truck to malan driver
yes boss
And make sure your CVs up to date for when you get back to yard driver
3 bags full boss

DOG TURD IAN , you make my brain hurt, and I hate my eyes for reading your posts!

If it’s got wheels I’ll drive it. Im an agency driver & I get paid class 1 rates whatever I drive or do.
Whether it be delivering brand new cars to London, collecting de-hired trucks, or handballing 5.6 tonne of bagged flour (2 x 16kg bags at a time). Some of it up 2 floors of a customers premises after driving 4+ hours to get there.
Theses days it doesn’t pay you to be a snob & refuse to do stuff. The phone calls will soon stop coming.

As some of you may recall a post I put a while back, I’d Been a truck snob refusing to do anything less than class 1 work, walking off & refusing to to it, if I was given the keys to a rigid. The reality soon strikes home when at the end of the year you’ve only earned a fraction of what you could have

Coffeeholic:

ncooper:

Coffeeholic:
Sorry, I’m not getting your point, what have your 8 drivers situation got to do with me? :confused: :confused:

Nothing.
They merely shared your attitude.

Regards,
Nick

I see. It’s good to know I’m not alone, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

anyone with this sort of attitude in the driving game in this day and age, will soon be replaced with an interpreter and a set of polish drivers,do anything for fraction of the cost!!!

Dogtanian:

some of us can pick and choose though. for example, Asda is a pain for procedures and not worth the hassle for an 8 hour shift so i always refuse to work there. co op is too high risk so i wont do shops for them. i get the very occasional class 2 job providing i am not told about it until i am on site but i get my rates or i dont do the job

scanny77:

Dogtanian:

some of us can pick and choose though. for example, Asda is a pain for procedures and not worth the hassle for an 8 hour shift so i always refuse to work there. co op is too high risk so i wont do shops for them. i get the very occasional class 2 job providing i am not told about it until i am on site but i get my rates or i dont do the job

Do you do much work then?? or is it all occasional :confused:

dogtanian and Graham S, whether it has dawned on you guys or not there is already a shortfall of drivers, the Eastern Europeans are returning home cos pay and conditions are better there and a hell of a lot of UK drivers will be hanging up their keys in Sept 2014. Lets see how the dinosuar bosses and planners get their goods moved then.

I’ve been driving mainly part time (currently full time) on agency for 6 months now and have had as much work as I can handle in spite of there being some companies I point blank refuse to work for. I’ll load/unload trailers and generally do what’s needed to get the job done (legally), but I’m seriously sick of the way drivers are treated. If things don’t improve, I’ll be jacking it in until the industry sorts itself out.

Coffeeholic:

kemaro:
im not doing that im a driver !!!..

was just wondering if anyone has or has dealt with this attitude and approach,

Me, I have it. But only the first four words, I don’t qualify it with any lame ■■■ excuse.

But do you turn around first?

Wheel Nut:

Coffeeholic:

kemaro:
im not doing that im a driver !!!..

was just wondering if anyone has or has dealt with this attitude and approach,

Me, I have it. But only the first four words, I don’t qualify it with any lame ■■■ excuse.

But do you turn around first?

No, never had a need to. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

There have been lots of times I have refused to do something, not because the ‘I’m a truck driver’ attitude comes in to play but because when I have all my kit and personal stuff in a truck that is assigned to me and they send me out in a van or even some other truck I find it wrong. I was once sent to deliver one small box to Tesco in Twickenham in the Kiln farm transit, I went under protest because I knew damm well that within minutes some dirty agency slob would be assigned my nice spotless Scania. Traffic managers dont care about who’s stuff is in what cab or how clean it is kept.
Other times I refused in the UK was at Sainsburys distribution center (can’t remember where, Bassingstoke area I seem to recall) and was asked to go on to the dock and split the pallets down to which my reply was [zb] off, thats your job, not mine’ and I sat in the cab. Over here it’s worse :exclamation: they have these thieves called ‘Lumpers’ that unload your trailer for an extortionate amount of cash, if you don’t pay them and say you will unload it yourself they make life as hard as they can for you to do it and in the end you get your boss to pay the amount which can be up to $500 or even more to take off 24 pallets. :open_mouth:

Pat Hasler:
There have been lots of times I have refused to do something, not because the ‘I’m a truck driver’ attitude comes in to play but because when I have all my kit and personal stuff in a truck that is assigned to me and they send me out in a van or even some other truck I find it wrong. I was once sent to deliver one small box to Tesco in Twickenham in the Kiln farm transit, I went under protest because I knew damm well that within minutes some dirty agency slob would be assigned my nice spotless Scania. Traffic managers dont care about who’s stuff is in what cab or how clean it is kept.
Other times I refused in the UK was at Sainsburys distribution center (can’t remember where, Bassingstoke area I seem to recall) and was asked to go on to the dock and split the pallets down to which my reply was off, thats your job, not mine’ and I sat in the cab. Over here it’s worse :exclamation: they have these thieves called ‘Lumpers’ that unload your trailer for an extortionate amount of cash, if you don’t pay them and say you will unload it yourself they make life as hard as they can for you to do it and in the end you get your boss to pay the amount which can be up to $500 or even more to take off 24 pallets. :open_mouth:

Who actually pays for the “lumpers” Pat, is the money charged in the transport rate, or is it billed separately to the customer?

$500 is not small beer, although we didn’t mind giving the forkie 5 or 6 quid to tip in the fruit markets.

At least I can get the van down our street, I dare’nt try n get on the estate with the wagon, even the bin wagons are SWB on our estate :open_mouth:

The truth is drivers will do exactly as they are told. if you don’t like it hand your keys in and clear the cab out. some may moan but they will come round to the management way of thinking. thats why we unload ourselves at some rdc’s. all talk as usual.

mavrick:
The truth is drivers will do exactly as they are told. if you don’t like it hand your keys in and clear the cab out. some may moan but they will come round to the management way of thinking. thats why we unload ourselves at some rdc’s. all talk as usual.

+1