I'm asking "Why?"

(1) WHY is it that the higher right-hand bore of the dartford tunnel is closed more often than the lower Left-hand bore?
There always seems to be a double decker being turned around when I pass that way each night these days…

(2) WHY don’t people drive more carefully - when they see multiple skid marks all over the road for hundreds of yards… Places like J1-J2 M25, or J5 M4 eastbound with the M25…

(3) WHY do trampers leave one back door open, showing load inside - when it is pouring with rain, and the “Load” still looks like it’s worth nicking?

(4) WHY aren’t the potholes that rip the steering wheel out of your hands filled first rather than the ones on the hard shoulder?

(5) WHY doesn’t plod/VOSA deal with foreign trucks parking under motorway bridges properly?

(6) WHY do employers lie to their own drivers as much as they do?

(7) WHY do more drivers prefer “early doors” for less money, when all you’re gonna do when getting home - is fall asleep in front of the telly? (“It’s the social life” they tell me - but this can’t be true, surely?)

(8) WHY do hauliers throw away ££££’s on “bad handling” and “stock damage” whilst refusing to ever throw away £££s on wages for the drivers who do take more care?

(9) WHY are so few youngsters interested in taking up driving - even on a paid-for course by the government?

1. I don’t.

Why is it that people say they “slept like a baby” when babies Wake up every two hours?
If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
Why do banks charge a fee on “insufficient funds” when they know there is not enough?
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?
Why doesn’t Tarzan have a beard?
Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Whose idea was it to put an “S” in the word “lisp”?
What is the speed of darkness?
Are there specially reserved parking spaces for “normal” people at the Special Olympics?
If the temperature is zero outside today and it’s going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?
If it’s true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing here?
Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?
Do you cry under water?
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
Did you ever stop and wonder…
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, “I think I’ll squeeze these pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?”
Who was the first person to say, “See that chicken there… I’m gonna eat the next thing that comes outta it’s bum.”
Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don’t point to their bum when they ask where the bathroom is?
Why does your Obstetrician, Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway ?
Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They’re both dogs !
Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream ■■
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (This one kills me !!!)
If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from ?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons ?
Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Stop singing and read on . . . . . . . … . .
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog’s face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

Why can’t women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Why don’t you ever see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?

Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?

Why is a boxing ring square?

Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?

Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

Why is it that doctors call what they do “practice”?

Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Why is it that to stop Windows 95 or 98, you have to click on “Start”?

Why is it that when you’re driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavour, and dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why is the word dictionary in the dictionary?

Why isn’t there a special name for the tops of your feet?

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes? Why can’t they make the whole plane out of the same substance?

Why do you need a driver’s license to buy booze when you can’t drink and drive?

Why isn’t there mouse-flavoured cat food?

ANYONE ELSE■■? :smiley:

:smiley: Have you NOTHING to do today !!! Thanks for giving a laugh :smiley:

Do you have too much time on your hands ? My biggest question is can I have a third glass of vin rouge…

Why did did 999 waste all his time writing that, +1

In relation to point 3, opening of doors. If there gonna nick it that’s fine, my boss should cover the costs of “secure parking” shouldn’t he

just don’t rip my curtain to the extent where I can’t drive on the next morning without having to wait 4 hours for a repair van,

I’ll even turn the tailift on for em sometimes if it’s heavy pallets, got to show consideration to safe manual handling practises at all times.

dieseldog999:
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream ■■

Some say that the idea of kamikazes was just dream’t up by the Emperor etc as a PC face saving explanation.When the truth is the Japanese dive bomber pilots were never actually ordered to fly into aircraft carriers they just had typically zb eyesight. :smiling_imp:

How do they tell deaf people what sign language means.

I’m hitting the like button on dieseldog999’s post, that’s gold mate. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Winseer:
(3) WHY do trampers leave one back door open, showing load inside - when it is pouring with rain, and the “Load” still looks like it’s worth nicking?

I want to know why they do that when the load is obviously heavy not but secured - usually with the internals hanging out the back door. Maybe VOSA / DVSA would make more money driving round laybys and ind estates rather than bothering to pull people. :slight_smile:

8 - because the broken load gives an excuse for not being able to put the wages up so much this year by the less scrupulous hauliers. Drivers cost the company in extra employer national insurance contributions, whereas broken stock doesn’t.

2 - because some Londoners were allowed BMWs and Audis and they naturally can’t drive at less than 100mph (in my experience).

I can answer this one

When I was 16 I worked for a builder who was also the local undertaker (as was the tradition in years gone by) part of my job was to help out on the undertaking side sometimes.
The first time I had to do this was for an old fella who had died during the night. He lived, and died, in a tiny two roomed cottage. We went first thing in the morning with the coffin to put him in it, this was the first time I had handled a dead body. We put the coffin on the arms of a two seatter settee as we couldn’t get it in the bedroom, he builder bloke says I’ll get the head you take the feet and as we lifted him off the bed he exhaled :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , I dropped him on the floor. When the ■■■■■■■ builder bloke stopped laughing he said it’s just the air coming out of the body as it sagged. We took him next door and put him in the coffin and I with shaking hands screwed it down as TIGHT AS I COULD.

Actually working for an undertaker was quite funny at times, if you weren’t the ■■■■ of the joke

Undertaker jokes always remind me of my favourite ever joke involving an undertaker and a prawn!

And the obvious one. Why is orange jam called marmalade?

It’s nice to trigger a big post from someone other than “the usual suspects” today. :stuck_out_tongue:

dieseldog999:
If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing? “Beethoven wrote his best music after his deaf”.
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat? “A flat battery remote contol often goes to where you don’t want to go, but never seems to go to a channel with something good on that you would have overlooked overwise.”

What is the speed of darkness? The shadow of darkness during a total solar eclipse crosses the Earth at around 1100 mph at the equator, and around 5000 mph at the poles. This is why aircraft cannot “follow eclipses” in the polar regions.

Are there specially reserved parking spaces for “normal” people at the Special Olympics? The spaces for “normal” people at a supermarket, always seem to have an audi or bmw parked across two bays. Why are Audi and BMW drivers considered “Normal” then?
If the temperature is zero outside today and it’s going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be? 0 celcius is 32 farenheit and 273 kelvin. If you doubled them up, celcius would be the same, 64 farenheit would be as warm as your living room, and 546 kelvin would melt all the plastic in the room. Hardly any “getting colder” there to be had then!

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage? The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in shimmering samsonite, - held aloft “Excalibur” from the bosom of the water". Put wheels on that. :stuck_out_tongue:
Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground? Why do people actually buy and own telescopes - for looking at anything other than celestial bodies with? :confused:

Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream ■■ “I can’t believe my eyes!” - said the blind man.
I
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons ? If Electrum often comes as wire, then is the future of electrical generation going to be a turbine that looks like a guitar?
Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Stop singing and read on . . . . . . . … . .
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup? Illiterate people can make words out of U,I,Z which is all that seems to appear in the cans.

Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin? Why do racist people born white spend good money getting an all-over tan? - And that’s just the women!

Why don’t you ever see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”? You do see “Closed due to unforseen circumstances” though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why is “abbreviated” such a long word?

Why is a boxing ring square? If a “deal” can be “Square”, then what can be a circle other than a circle?

Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?

Why is it that doctors call what they do “practice”? Surely Pathologists “Practice”, whereas Surgeons have “Perfected the technique”? Why is an operation considered “Successful” if the patient then dies?

Why is it that when you’re driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio? The same reason the volume turns down by itself when you slow for a roundabout…?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavour, and dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? Why is a “Broken table” in Italian called “Banco Ruptus” when at IKEA you can’t put the bloody thing together in the first place?

Winseer:
(9) WHY are so few youngsters interested in taking up driving - even on a paid-for course by the government?

When was the last time you saw a driver’s son in the passenger seat?

Youngsters have no early exposure to the job like many of us did with our dads.

images-1.jpg

Carryfast:
How do they tell deaf people what sign language means.

They can read?

:sunglasses:

ezydriver:

Winseer:

You must have missed me last week had the boy out for 2 weeks, 2 trips over to France welcome everywhere except in the UK and especially on the Stena Birkenhead to Belfast you can go on with a car full of children but turn up with one in a lorry and the place goes into meltdown. :imp: :imp:

Mazzer2:

ezydriver:

Winseer:

You must have missed me last week had the boy out for 2 weeks, 2 trips over to France welcome everywhere except in the UK and especially on the Stena Birkenhead to Belfast you can go on with a car full of children but turn up with one in a lorry and the place goes into meltdown. :imp: :imp:

I wouldn’t mind kids going out on our job when it’s single manned, but I cannot think of a single place we deliver to, that would let them in. It’s a shame, it’s good bit of non academic education for them.

Why do MOD camouflage’d trucks have yellow/orange reflectors on the back ■■?