Illnesses after covid jabs

robroy:
You say you have a bad back?.. you had a lucky escape if they were using tilts.
Full strip outs …[zb] horrible things.
I even preferred putting 3 sheets on a flat, much easier.
Did not do many strip outs on Ewals, but Portbridge and Schenker it was regular. :unamused:

I was using a tilt on local/medium distance UK work alternating between using it as a tilt and a flat sometimes many times a week sometimes even in the same day.I was generally using the tilt cover as a sheet when using it as a flat.
I don’t get all the exaggerated bs about how supposedly difficult working with tilts is/was.
It doesn’t even get close to handballing trailer loads of often heavy boxes front to back floor to ceiling in a box trailer twice every shift in a UPS type hub system operation.
I also don’t get how you could possibly think that sheeting a flat was easier than using a tilt.Which in my experience was not much if any different to using a curtain sider bearing in mind it only needs to be stripped to a flat for over head loading type jobs like paper reels and rebar etc.Although luckily in my case that was always done at the yard usually with some help but no big deal.

Carryfast:

robroy:
Did not do many strip outs on Ewals, but Portbridge and Schenker it was regular. :unamused:

I was using a tilt on local/medium distance UK work alternating between using it as a tilt and a flat sometimes many times a week sometimes even in the same day.I was generally using the tilt cover as a sheet when using it as a flat.
I don’t get all the exaggerated bs about how supposedly difficult working with tilts is/was.
It doesn’t even get close to handballing trailer loads of often heavy boxes front to back floor to ceiling in a box trailer twice every shift in a UPS type hub system operation.
I also don’t get how you could possibly think that sheeting a flat was easier than using a tilt.Which in my experience was not much if any different to using a curtain sider bearing in mind it only needs to be stripped to a flat for over head loading type jobs like paper reels and rebar etc.Although luckily in my case that was always done at the yard usually with some help but no big deal.

You`re extrapolating your personal experience to the general case again.

It is easier to hump 3 sheets onto a load than 1 tilt sheet.

An overhead crane load only in a factory normally involves rolling a tilt sheet forward and removing roof bars, not a full strip.
Putting a boat or machinery onto a step-frame tilt on the quayside or with a mobile crane in a yard needs all (except hopefully bay 1) stripped to the deck. If lucky you can run like that. Tough luck if it needs a rebuild for TIR cord and plumb…You`ll be doing it all again later. And stripping/rebuilding at delivery.

I’m very happy to say this is an area I have no experience of, I thankfully dodged the tilt and sheeting age. Done lots of flat work at Virginia but we didn’t carry sheets :smiley:

switchlogic:
I’m very happy to say this is an area I have no experience of, I thankfully dodged the tilt and sheeting age. Done lots of flat work at Virginia but we didn’t carry sheets :smiley:

Tilts were designed to be able to be striped/rebuilt single handed. When they are a few years old and bashed around a bit, it is not quite so easy, but given a bit of time, and a bit of thought quite doable.
No fun in mid-winter nor mid-summer maybe, but not too bad for most of us.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

robroy:

You`re extrapolating your personal experience to the general case again.

It is easier to hump 3 sheets onto a load than 1 tilt sheet.

An overhead crane load only in a factory normally involves rolling a tilt sheet forward and removing roof bars, not a full strip.
Putting a boat or machinery onto a step-frame tilt on the quayside or with a mobile crane in a yard needs all (except hopefully bay 1) stripped to the deck. If lucky you can run like that. Tough luck if it needs a rebuild for TIR cord and plumb…You`ll be doing it all again later. And stripping/rebuilding at delivery.

Paper reels were a typical overhead load in my case or rebar for high rise building sites craned off by tower cranes in which flats were/are the default choice.
I was comparing using a tilt for most other jobs more or less just like a curtain sider.Drop the sides take out the slats pull the cover out out of the way with some rope and vice versa to load I did that numerous times a day on local work.No way is roping and sheeting a flat a better option in that case.
Using a tilt obviously provided the guvnor with all the advantages of a flat trailer or a curtain sider as required in one trailer.I liked working with it.
Also perfect grounding for me in the case of moving on to international work.Oh wait.
As for the COVID gene therapy scam the wheels are coming off of the government narrative and the desperate attempt to gag Dr Campbell proves it.

Carryfast:

robroy:

Ahh right ok then.
I’ve pulled flats from day 1 , sheeting every type of load you can think of, from coils to high loads of bottles…, and I got to be quite good at it producing a very neat looking job… even though I say so myself,.

Tilts I pulled all over UK and Western Europe, doing varied types of work , not all strip outs, and as Frangers says many times aided by overhead crane drivers, but still a ball ache removing roof bars, side rails and posts etc… imo…

But I’m now told I’m talking BS by an ex bin man who did all his work in a 100 mile radius…ok, got it, cheers for that. :neutral_face:

:laughing: :laughing:

As always Google is your friend. It may well give you a completely skewed version of reality, but if it’s the top result then that’s the one you go with.

Pathetic.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
I’d suggest that the interviewer’s sincere sounding apologies and making it clear enough that all that was on offer was UK work, not a work trial as part of the original plan and offer, was a bit more than inference and my opinion.
With hindsight for both of us, he was obviously briefed not to give too much away along the lines I’ve suggested.I don’t believe that he realised why until later on instructions from above.
I also think that he only replied in person to apologise and in the hope that I hadn’t handed in my notice bearing in mind the clear answer of good when I said that I hadn’t.
There was no other reason to even ask me that question and plenty of opportunity to make it clear that the UK work angle was only a work trial for a given stated short time.
It was a clear example of the arbitrary nature of the career progression and recruitment standards that infest the industry.
Trumped by the experience issue and the interviewer overruled by superiors in that regard being the most likely explanation.
That’s not an opinion it’s a fact based on over 20 years of personal ‘experience’ of being caught at the wrong end of it, pun intended.

Well you’ve been telling yourself the same story for decades so no need to stop now I suppose. Goodnight and god bless

I’m not sure what is more sad/funny here (delete as appropriate) … either that Carryfast continues to delude himself that they were genuinely sad and apologetic that they withdrew the offer of Euro work to “him” specifically or secondly that he lived in the South East - which last time I checked was geographically closest to mainland Europe from the UK and he could not get a job driving a truck there for 2 decades in the 80’s or 90’s!

robroy:

Carryfast:

robroy:

Ahh right ok then.
I’ve pulled flats from day 1 , sheeting every type of load you can think of, from coils to high loads of bottles…, and I got to be quite good at it producing a very neat looking job… even though I say so myself,.

Tilts I pulled all over UK and Western Europe, doing varied types of work , not all strip outs, and as Frangers says many times aided by overhead crane drivers, but still a ball ache removing roof bars, side rails and posts etc… imo…

But I’m now told I’m talking BS by an ex bin man who did all his work in a 100 mile radius…ok, got it, cheers for that. :neutral_face:

:laughing: :laughing:

Got to laugh that he’s playing down how much work tilts and flats are on one hand then on other says he was crippled handballing parcels :smiley:

tmcassett:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
I’d suggest that the interviewer’s sincere sounding apologies and making it clear enough that all that was on offer was UK work, not a work trial as part of the original plan and offer, was a bit more than inference and my opinion.
With hindsight for both of us, he was obviously briefed not to give too much away along the lines I’ve suggested.I don’t believe that he realised why until later on instructions from above.
I also think that he only replied in person to apologise and in the hope that I hadn’t handed in my notice bearing in mind the clear answer of good when I said that I hadn’t.
There was no other reason to even ask me that question and plenty of opportunity to make it clear that the UK work angle was only a work trial for a given stated short time.
It was a clear example of the arbitrary nature of the career progression and recruitment standards that infest the industry.
Trumped by the experience issue and the interviewer overruled by superiors in that regard being the most likely explanation.
That’s not an opinion it’s a fact based on over 20 years of personal ‘experience’ of being caught at the wrong end of it, pun intended.

Well you’ve been telling yourself the same story for decades so no need to stop now I suppose. Goodnight and god bless

I’m not sure what is more sad/funny here (delete as appropriate) … either that Carryfast continues to delude himself that they were genuinely sad and apologetic that they withdrew the offer of Euro work to “him” specifically or secondly that he lived in the South East - which last time I checked was geographically closest to mainland Europe from the UK and he could not get a job driving a truck there for 2 decades in the 80’s or 90’s!

And thinks likes of me had it easy getting euro work despite living in the depths of West Wales and in 2000’s where we are having to compete with drivers who cost companies half a much if that

switchlogic:

tmcassett:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

And thinks likes of me had it easy getting euro work despite living in the depths of West Wales and in 2000’s where we are having to compete with drivers who cost companies half a much if that

You think that Surrey was/is the centre of the domestic let alone European road transport universe.Kent and Essex maybe better but obviously not in the habit of taking on non local drivers let alone with no international experience just like everywhere else.
Let’s just say most of the few haulage firms I know/knew of locally are now commuter housing estates.Including one I worked for and my old council depot while even Cranleigh Freight Services are now more known for their local air freight operations than international trunking although haven’t seen many if any of their’s at all recently.Needless to say I never actually turned down any international job offers anywhere in the country let alone locally but did apply for many obviously.
Yes you did have it easy bearing in mind that ditching a truck would have meant summary dismissal if you’d have been working for UPS with a (non) reference to match.
Also bearing in mind that a good proportion of the over 3 million unemployed during the 80’s were truck drivers and then as now most Brit exports and imports by road went on foreign trucks often French or Dutch.Probably more international operations in and around Grenoble and Rotterdam/Utrecht among others than in Essex and Kent combined let alone Surrey.
Anyway keep up your laughable history lessons regarding the domestic let alone international Surrey trucking scene in the 1980’s.When even the tipper and bulk waste jobs more often found here were considered dead man’s shoes.Obviously better than driving a 7.5 tonner on London multi drop or working for the council.

Carryfast:
Yes you did have it easy bearing in mind that ditching a truck would have meant summary dismissal if you’d have been working for UPS with a (non) reference to match.

A geriatric work shy whinger like you wouldn’t last five seconds living my life

Carryfast:
You think that Surrey was/is the centre of the domestic let alone European road transport universe.Kent and Essex maybe

Surrey is still in the South East of England (or it was last time I checked), therefore still the closest region of the UK to mainland Europe. I live in the East Midlands - Nottingham to be precise, and I have worked with many drivers over the years who back in the day spent their time driving on the continent, some didn’t even want it but that was the nature of the job and/or the company they were working for at the time, which puts into perspective just how useless you must have been in the golden era with what your desires were and where you lived. :open_mouth:

Carryfast:
Also bearing in mind that a good proportion of the over 3 million unemployed during the 80’s were truck drivers and then as now most Brit exports and imports by road went on foreign trucks often French or Dutch.

In the late 1980s, about 65% of short sea freight movements were undertaken by British registered trucks.

It was all the fault of the unvaccinated

twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ … 9652024324

Worth watching the chap speaking from 13 minutes into this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=bFLPWWCAHfQ&t=3229s

Hopefully you’ll be able to find some juicy gossip on him from one of your favourite sites Franglais :smiling_imp:

Juddian:

Hopefully you’ll be able to find some juicy gossip on him from one of your favourite sites Franglais :smiling_imp:

Well Juddian, this kinda blows any sort of “cover up” rhetoric out of the water doesn`t it?
An open forum where anyone can say anything they want.

So it was all pre-planned and a terrible crime against humanity. And the next speaker says it is not serious and killed almost no-one at all.

Life is too short to watch the rest of it.

Franglais:

Juddian:

Well Juddian, this kinda blows any sort of “cover up” rhetoric out of the water doesn`t it?
An open forum where anyone can say anything they want.

So it was all pre-planned and a terrible crime against humanity. And the next speaker says it is not serious and killed almost no-one at all.

Life is too short to watch the rest of it.

Maybe Covid didn’t kill anyone beyond the normal “natural causes background count” at all, at least among the respiratory diseases set…

Say, in 2019 9,454,155 people died of all respiratory diseases combined, and in 2020 that number rose to 9,459,944 an increase of 0.2% - you could argue that more people died statistically from crossing the road twice, because they forgot something…

Massage the data, lie to the public about the need for a lockdown, use the lockdown as cover to implement certain new policies, such as “rigged voting infrastructure” among the world’s democracies, and hey presto - when the smoke clears, we plebs will be glad to be alive, and get told that for our oldsters - their time would have been up anyways… Right?

I seem to remember that back in the 1980’s, the Thatcher Goverment told us younger generations that we’d “all be nuked” and whilst we were all worried by scare videos like “Threads” or “The Day after Tomorrow” - we forget that we’re among 4m unemployed youth, desperate for a job, no well-paid zero hours jobs going like nowadays, and a 4m people who then couldn’t be losing their houses in 1992, 'cos we never qualified for a mortage yet by that point…
Swings and roundabouts, winners and losers - The government got off scot-free from what otherwise could have caused them considerable hassle…

We should insist our politicians actually do what they promised on the tins, rather than drop everything as soon as they get elected, and then argue “We got overtaken by Events, dear boy…”

No one bothered to fact check anything said of China during Covid, nor Russia now over Ukraine - Right?

For all we know, Putin has the Nazis on the Run, which fits if Zelensky always trying to run things “from exile” all the time is anything to go by…

Kiev hasn’t been destroyed, because Putin wants it back intact, having been stolen away from the breaking-up Soviet Union around about the time of Gorbachev’s downfall…

How easy it would be for Putin to drop the bomb on the lot - IF Ukraine really were his enemy…
How easy it was to blame China, rather than the CCP ruling it - of creating Covid, when more likely it was a concerted Deep State agreement to remove all the decent leaders from around the world, and install fresh, deep-state approved ones instead…?

Imran Khan, Jair Bolsonaro, Donald Trump, and a current attempt to remove Recep Erdogan in progress, which may yet fail, if he has as good a grip on his country as he seems to thus far…

All the Covid data - can then be conjured up by taking real, everyday data for everday ailments that kill people every day, all over the world… and re-stating that data as all “covid related deaths”…

The real casualties of Covid are those people that have died from:

(1) Having their NHS operations cancelled.
(2) Lifestyle drop, due to losing their jobs, financial worry and stress, having benefits cut, worrying about not seeing a GP anymore etc.
(3) Mental Health decline, making it impossible for such people to dig themselves out of their own holes…
(4) Uncaring Government - more worried about doing things for people you’ll never meet, than the very people that elected them, let alone the people who didn’t in their own countries.
(5) Overwork - working 60-80 hours a week, because the mortgage rate has gone up, and you don’t want to be homeless right now.
(6) Vaping - NHS don’t want to treat it at all, but it is as dangerous as Cigerette smoking, and there’s no safety net this time…
(7) Breakdown RTAs - So many mechanics are now gone, that people are driving vehicles unfit for the road, and getting killed in them.
OTHER things like Smart Motorways get the blame, BUT the vehicle broke down in the first place - didn’t it?
Knock-on effects… - ignore them at your peril!

tinfoil hat moment so … removed lol…