Illnesses after covid jabs

youtu.be/EgubA8BF3CM

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:
Bearing in mind the last of many knock backs actually involved a with drawn job offer.

And I’ll bet they only offered you that job in the first place just to get rid of you from the office that day!

But for some reason then felt the need to call me after the interview and ask me if I’d handed in my notice.Sorry about the withdrawal of the offer but an offer of UK work was on the table instead if I wanted to take it.

No, I’m still going to hazard a guess that once you had finished telling them how they were running their Euro operation incorrectly they were going to do anything that would get shot of you. Their bullshine detector was probably in overdrive too and they very quickly realised you were a definite no go.

Carryfast:
You seem to have all the qualifications to be 77th brigade as in more than a few spanners short of a full set and prefer made up fiction to fact.

And you say that after some of the utter drivel you have written on this thread. :unamused:

Carryfast:
Which my guess was even the interviewer himself didn’t know about judging by the apologetic nature of the call and his relief when I told him no problem I hadn’t handed in my notice because my gut feeling told me don’t.

Yeah we all know that never happened.

Carryfast:
Ironically my impression was that he was more ■■■■■■ off about the ( attempted) stitch up, obviously by powers above him, than I was.

Of course he was. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:
Bearing in mind the last of many knock backs actually involved a with drawn job offer.

And I’ll bet they only offered you that job in the first place just to get rid of you from the office that day!

But for some reason then felt the need to call me after the interview and ask me if I’d handed in my notice.Sorry about the withdrawal of the offer but an offer of UK work was on the table instead if I wanted to take it.
You seem to have all the qualifications to be 77th brigade as in more than a few spanners short of a full set and prefer made up fiction to fact.

It’s clear you messed up tho. Doing U.K. work for a company that also did international would surely have been better than doing U.K. for a company that only did U.K. work. Does sound like you cut off your nose to spite your face a bit.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

It’s clear you messed up tho. Doing U.K. work for a company that also did international would surely have been better than doing U.K. for a company that only did U.K. work. Does sound like you cut off your nose to spite your face a bit.

All he needed to say was it’s a temporary placement for a couple of weeks to check you out before taking up the inyernational role stated.
He knew that wasn’t what I was being sold and I knew it too.
In their case the UK side might as well have been a different firm altogether and I had no intention of starting at the bottom in my mid 30’s.
Like the COVID scam it was a gut feeling that I couldn’t trust the offer which turned out correct, not cutting off my nose.Bearing in mind at this point in time my own job was still ok and hadn’t turned to zb.

Carryfast:
All he needed to say was it’s a temporary placement for a couple of weeks to check you out before taking up the inyernational role stated.
In their case the UK side might as well have been a different firm altogether and I had no intention of starting at the bottom in my mid 30’s.

All I am seeing are excuses to try and justify your failure.

Irrelevant of what you have convinced yourself of, this company did Euro work, yet seemingly you couldn’t see that even starting on UK first was a way to get onto the Euro work at some point.

Of course I suspect the truth is nothing like your version of events and probably along the lines of you alienating them with your attitude, as well as their ability to detect that you would be more trouble than they were prepared to deal with.

Carryfast:
Like the COVID scam it was a gut feeling that I couldn’t trust the offer which turned out correct, not cutting off my nose.Bearing in mind at this point in time my own job was still ok and hadn’t turned to zb.

You over think things, sadly only to your own detriment. You should have had more confidence in your own abilities. Shine on U.K. work and you’d have been in perfect position to move over. Your determination to seemingly not start at what you perceive is bottom in your 30’s only harmed you, no one else. Lots of us have to start at bottom again, it’s simply an investment in a better future. From what you’ve said previously it seems licence wasn’t taken off you medically, that right? In that case why not get it back and do a bit now?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

You over think things, sadly only to your own detriment. You should have had more confidence in your own abilities. Shine on U.K. work and you’d have been in perfect position to move over. Your determination to seemingly not start at what you perceive is bottom in your 30’s only harmed you, no one else. Lots of us have to start at bottom again, it’s simply an investment in a better future. From what you’ve said previously it seems licence wasn’t taken off you medically, that right? In that case why not get it back and do a bit now?

If I didn’t have confidence in my own abilities I would have given up before bothering with the class 1 let alone running around doing general haulage flat and tilt work if I didn’t know how to keep a load tied to the truck or how to use a tilt.You can add a liking for A frame drawbar outfits to that which again are no place for anyone who doubts their driving abilities.
Let’s just say that the lack of confidence was in the job as sold to me. IE you’d have thought that the interviewer would have been proud to tell me which unit I’d be driving, the type of load and trailer ( all tilts there from memory ) and last but not least the destination for that first run when I started.Without them enthusiastically volunteering that information the alarm bells were rightly ringing.Subsequently I was proven right.
Ironically just like my doubts and reservations concerning the COVID anything but virus and the anything but vaccine narrative.

Where’s the guffaw guffaw emoji when you need it?

Carryfast:
IE you’d have thought that the interviewer would have been proud to tell me which unit I’d be driving, the type of load and trailer ( all tilts there from memory ) and last but not least the destination for that first run when I started.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Don’t want much do you?! Good grief. As I imagine everyone else with more experience than you will tell you similar I’ve never known what truck I’ll be getting or where I’ll be heading before I started any job :smiley: Come on now :smiley: Most I’ve known is what date and time ill be starting. You really did expect way too much old bean :smiley:

Carryfast:
IE you’d have thought that the interviewer would have been proud to tell me which unit I’d be driving, the type of load and trailer ( all tilts there from memory ) and last but not least the destination for that first run when I started.

At least you’ve clarified what we all knew and why every employer you approached for a job ran a mile from you!

Why in the hell would they be telling you things like what load or where you’d be going at either an interview or informal chat?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Don’t want much do you?! Good grief. As I imagine everyone else with more experience than you will tell you similar I’ve never known what truck I’ll be getting or where I’ll be heading before I started any job :smiley: Come on now :smiley: Most I’ve known is what date and time ill be starting. You really did expect way too much old bean :smiley:

Firstly I don’t mean literally.
You’ll be using one of the Merc units, maybe this one you’ve used for your assessment, pulling one of these tilts based here probably down to Spain or Italy, so bring sufficient kit with you, would have cut it.
Also bearing in mind that they called me with the all too expected ‘change’ of plan from running all over Europe out of Dover, to instead UK only out of Northampton work and the inference that the previous offer was totally ‘off the table’ and the tone of the conversation was that the interviewer himself was ■■■■■■ off about it, including the expression of relief when I said I hadn’t handed in my notice, I’d suggest not.
Ironically a bit like Dr.Cambell now clearly advising patients to run don’t walk away from the offer of more mRNA anything but vaccine ‘boosters’ and don’t look back.

You turned down something that was potentially your dream job based on inference and your opinion of what the tone of the conversation was. It’s ok to be upset, I would be too. My condolences friend.

Carryfast:
the tone of the conversation was that the interviewer himself was ■■■■■■ off about it, including the expression of relief when I said I hadn’t handed in my notice, I’d suggest not.

Only in your head was this really the case. Every driver who wanted this sort of work got it and managed to do it, was just you who couldn’t - so why do you think they’d be ■■■■■■ off or upset? Why do you think they withdrew the offer? When the choice is between a whole pool of drivers, willing to do whatever is needed for the company e.g UK work first, or a drama queen who walked into the interview with the attitude that UK work was below him and expected to be told where he would be going and with what load before even getting the job … and you don’t know why they didn’t choose you.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic.

Is there anything more sad than a life completely wasted?

switchlogic:
You turned down something that was potentially your dream job based on inference and your opinion of what the tone of the conversation was. It’s ok to be upset, I would be too. My condolences friend.

I’d suggest that the interviewer’s sincere sounding apologies and making it clear enough that all that was on offer was UK work, not a work trial as part of the original plan and offer, was a bit more than inference and my opinion.
With hindsight for both of us, he was obviously briefed not to give too much away along the lines I’ve suggested.I don’t believe that he realised why until later on instructions from above.
I also think that he only replied in person to apologise and in the hope that I hadn’t handed in my notice bearing in mind the clear answer of good when I said that I hadn’t.
There was no other reason to even ask me that question and plenty of opportunity to make it clear that the UK work angle was only a work trial for a given stated short time.
It was a clear example of the arbitrary nature of the career progression and recruitment standards that infest the industry.
Trumped by the experience issue and the interviewer overruled by superiors in that regard being the most likely explanation.
That’s not an opinion it’s a fact based on over 20 years of personal ‘experience’ of being caught at the wrong end of it, pun intended.
Just like Dr Campbell giving a lifetime to his vocation and now telling it like it is.
Patients and the public at best being used as test subjects for an experimental medication trial or at worse something far far more sinister.
I’m now 60/40 the latter.

You say you have a bad back?.. you had a lucky escape if they were using tilts.
Full strip outs …■■■■ horrible things.
I even preferred putting 3 sheets on a flat, much easier.
Did not do many strip outs on Ewals, but Portbridge and Schenker it was regular. :unamused:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

I’d suggest that the interviewer’s sincere sounding apologies and making it clear enough that all that was on offer was UK work, not a work trial as part of the original plan and offer, was a bit more than inference and my opinion.
With hindsight for both of us, he was obviously briefed not to give too much away along the lines I’ve suggested.I don’t believe that he realised why until later on instructions from above.
I also think that he only replied in person to apologise and in the hope that I hadn’t handed in my notice bearing in mind the clear answer of good when I said that I hadn’t.
There was no other reason to even ask me that question and plenty of opportunity to make it clear that the UK work angle was only a work trial for a given stated short time.
It was a clear example of the arbitrary nature of the career progression and recruitment standards that infest the industry.
Trumped by the experience issue and the interviewer overruled by superiors in that regard being the most likely explanation.
That’s not an opinion it’s a fact based on over 20 years of personal ‘experience’ of being caught at the wrong end of it, pun intended.
Just like Dr Campbell giving a lifetime to his vocation and now telling it like it is.
Patients and the public at best being used as test subjects for an experimental medication trial or at worse something far far more sinister.
I’m now 60/40 the latter.

Well you’ve been telling yourself the same story for decades so no need to stop now I suppose. Goodnight and god bless

Carryfast:

To be fair though you do seem to be the only person any of us have ever met that suffered from this tragic injustice.