Back at tuesday at 12 start work
Drive wednesday
Ferry thursday 24 hour break
Drive friday
Ferry Saturday 24 hour break
Drive Sunday
Drive Monday
Then off until following Sunday.

Thanks fellas need advice. I saybit can’t be done because there is no 45 on week 2. Met someone half hour ago says it can be done■■?

Just to add re above all driving days were 9 hours or less and daily rest were 11 hour.

Thanks again fellas need to see the answers in black and white.

ILLEGAL

Start work Sunday drive and load.
START WEEK 1
Drive monday
Drive tuesday
Ferry wednesday 24 hour break = REDUCED WEEKLY REST
Drive thursday
Drive friday
Ferry Saturday 24 hour break = REDUCED WEEKLY REST
Drive Sunday
START WEEK 2
Drive monday until 12 then go home
REDUCED WEEKLY REST
Back at tuesday at 12 start work
Drive wednesday
Ferry thursday 24 hour break = REDUCED WEEKLY REST
Drive friday
Ferry Saturday 24 hour break = REDUCED WEEKLY REST
Drive Sunday
START WEEK 3
Drive Monday
Then off until following Sunday. = REGULAR WEEKLY REST WITH PAYBACK SORTED

YOU HAVE REDUCED WEEKLY RESTS FOR WEEKS 1 + 2 SO ITS ILLEGAL

I’d be inclined to agree and say no. But it has been done on here before and by the grace of god I couldn’t get my head round it .
Over to Rog and Tachograph.

nick2008:
… it has been done on here before …

not possible in this case - previous cases have used a regular weekly rest which was at least 1 minute into the start of week 1

Thank you sir’s much appreciated.

As said it’s illegal because the driver has gone two full consecutive weeks without a regular weekly rest period.

Also, All the reduced weekly rest periods seem to be on the same days as the journey on the ferry, weekly rest periods cannot be interrupted so presumably the 24 hours off is not including the ferry journey ?

tachograph:
As said it’s illegal because the driver has gone two full consecutive weeks without a regular weekly rest period.

Also, All the reduced weekly rest periods seem to be on the same days as the journey on the ferry, weekly rest periods cannot be interrupted so presumably the 24 hours off is not including the ferry journey ?

I suppose the driver could have all 24 hours on the ferry as a reduced weekly rest?

So for the above to be legal a 45 has to be incorporated in week 2 so the driver should be weekended away from base.

kreamo:
So for the above to be legal a 45 has to be incorporated in week 2 so the driver should be weekended away from base.

Or in week 1

How did the driver get a 24 hour weekly rest and do the ferry at the same time?

Whether or not the driver could have the regular weekly rest period only in week 2 would depend on whether or not he’d had a regular weekly rest period in the same week the journey began on the Sunday.

ROG:
How did the driver get a 24 hour weekly rest and do the ferry at the same time?

Crossing to Bilbao is 24 / 32 hrs

Just to throw a spanner in the works the driver has to take his 45 hours break 6 days after his last 24 or can he choose which one to use.

kreamo:
Just to throw a spanner in the works the driver has to take his 45 hours break 6 days after his last 24 or can he choose which one to use.

The driver can have the regular weekly rest period at any-time, it doesn’t have to be after the last 24 hour rest.

The only stipulation is that usually he must have a 45 hour regular weekly rest period at-least every second week.

Tachograph this one is for you.

Can a driver take a 24 in week 1 then a 24 in week 2 then in week 3 take 66 hours rest.

I need this confirming most of the people I ask say no but there are a few who say yes.!!!

kreamo:

Can a driver take a 24 in week 1 then a 24 in week 2 then in week 3 take 66 hours rest.

I need this confirming most of the people I ask say no but there are a few who say yes.!!!

In the way you put it - no

It is possible to have reduced weekly rests at the end of week 1 and week 2 with a regular at the end of week 3 BUT that would also require a regular at the very start of week 1 which could be used for week 1

So the above shift pattern would legal if I could prove that a 45 was taken prior to starting work on Sunday■■?

kreamo:

With the work pattern you’ve mentioned above where you start work on a Sunday and only have reduced weekly rest periods for the next two whole weeks it cannot be done legally.

Feel free to point anyone who says differently to this thread where they can explain how it can be done, then we will shoot them down with the regulations :wink:

Let me be very clear so there’s no misunderstanding, the work pattern you’ve posted in the first post of this thread cannot be done legally because there is no regular 45 hour weekly rest period that can possibly count for either of two consecutive weeks.

kreamo:
So the above shift pattern would legal if I could prove that a 45 was taken prior to starting work on Sunday■■?

If you mean the first Sunday in the above scenario, no that would still not be legal.