Illegal is it not

A fixed week (week) is sunday midnight to sunday midnight

Each week must have a weekly rest IN it - IN means that a weekly rest must be at least 1 minute in that fixed week to be used for it

A weekly rest can only be used once

A weekly rest which includes sunday midnight can be used for the week ending or the week starting but not both

Every other week must have a regular weekly 45 rest used for it and the other weeks may have a reduced of at least 24 hours used for them

I will not go into the payback rules at this point to keep it simple

Those are the basic rules so using those how does that fit in with what you want to do?

Thanks again guys.

I have always worked to 24 then 45 make up etc etc

A situation has arisen where a load has to be picked up on a Tuesday( 2nd week of the above scenario )tipped on friday. Then ferry back on saturday morning 24 hours. I will be due back at base on Monday.

From my understanding of the law the only way it could be done is by me tipping Friday then taking a 45 then getting a ferry Tuesday or drive monday back to base, which means that the back load will be a couple of days late or so.

Everybody I ask about the scenario say it is illegal but there are some who say it can be done. I would rather stick to the safe option but that means for me I away from home longer.

Thanks again guys.

Ask those who say it can be done to show you the law which backs up their position

The GV262 book if any help

gov.uk/government/publicati … cles-in-gb

One thing you can be reasonably sure of on this forum is that if we’d got it wrong and it was legal there would be at-least half a dozen people waiting to tell us we’re talking rubbish :grimacing:

You may have noticed that there has been no dissent on this thread :wink:

tachograph:
One thing you can be reasonably sure of on this forum is that if we’d got it wrong and it was legal there would be at-least half a dozen people waiting to tell us we’re talking rubbish :grimacing:

you talk some twaddle :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

I’d trust Tacho and the crew they are pretty hot on the subject

nick2008:

tachograph:

I knew you wouldn’t let us down Nick :smiley: :wink:

tachograph:

nick2008:

tachograph:

I knew you wouldn’t let us down Nick :smiley: :wink:

:grimacing:

It’s now been mentioned that as long as the driver does not exceed 90 hours driving in the 2 consecutive weeks. It is perfectly OK.!!!

:open_mouth:

kreamo:
It’s now been mentioned that as long as the driver does not exceed 90 hours driving in the 2 consecutive weeks. It is perfectly OK.!!!

:open_mouth:

Ask them to show you an exemption from Article 8 (6) (EC) 561/2006, there’s isn’t one :wink:

Page 22 - Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs

I have advised that if the above shift is undertaken then a rather fat wallet should be given to the driver.

Thanks again fellas for all your advise.