Illegal immigrant and proud

Heads up lads and lasses.Channel Five tonight at 21.00.
An Afghan hopes to get in to the UK on a lorry.
As you know drivers are fined £2000 for each illegal found hidden in their trailer.
The employer is also fined.
Most plan their route to avoid an over night stop anywhere near Calais from about four hours drive away.
I have heard of cases where drivers have had their feet broken while giving chase to illegals.There was parking on the old hover port with no security for drivers.
If i had to stop over in Calais,i would remove packing labels with the UK as a destination.
Or park out of the area facing any direction but North.
A train driver,ferry captain and pilot are exempt from fines if illegals are found on their vehicle or mode of transport.
But a lorry driver is not.

Why can’t we have it enshrined in law to be able to defend ourselves with deadly force if necassary?

Truck drivers on the continent cannot have been at so much risk from everyone as they are right now.

You’re likely to get attacked in your cab on laybys down the west coast of France as well, let alone have to fend off those attempting to stowaway on trucks coming across the channel.

I often wondered what would happen if you “just rolled over” the buggers…
Let’s see what happens to this driver as a follow-up…

Apologies if this turns out to be a spoiler for the TV programme mentioned! :open_mouth:

Winseer:
Why can’t we have it enshrined in law to be able to defend ourselves with deadly force if necassary?

Truck drivers on the continent cannot have been at so much risk from everyone as they are right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdFOA_ERsZI

You’re likely to get attacked in your cab on laybys down the west coast of France as well, let alone have to fend off those attempting to stowaway on trucks coming across the channel.

Only if you do daft things like park up in Calais, like Ive seen so many do. Its not the wild west. You’re not likely to get attacked in your cab, it may have happened but is certainly not likely. You’ve been listening to too many Euro drivers who like to make out its a dangerous job for brave men! As for deadly force? If you want to get in the back and fight to the death its up to you, but if I saw any signs if entry I’d just call the police. But then I never had, because Im careful and don’t park up in Calais, or usually even close.

switchlogic:

Winseer:

Only if you do daft things like park up in Calais, like Ive seen so many do. Its not the wild west. You’re not likely to get attacked in your cab, it may have happened but is certainly not likely. You’ve been listening to too many Euro drivers who like to make out its a dangerous job for brave men! As for deadly force? If you want to get in the back and fight to the death its up to you, but if I saw any signs if entry I’d just call the police. But then I never had, because Im careful and don’t park up in Calais, or usually even close.

The “attacked in cabs” is more about criminals than migrants, and the west coast roads are a long way from Calais.
It sticks in my craw that these migrants will pass through multiple countries to get to the UK - Because we’re the place with the benefit system that pays out to anyone, regardless of “no papers” or “no leave to remain”.

If they merely wanted to escape a “hostile regime” back home, then they should migrate to neighbouring countries to their own, and nowhere else.
I’ve always believed too that the French facilitate the UK influx by putting their detention centres near the channel tunnel FFS. Why not move the detention centre to the border of Monaco or Luxembourg, thus encouraging the big money out there to stop being nimbys, and come up with a proper solution that costs money to those that can actually afford to fund a proper system for the relocation of persons?

This country, hard up enough as it is, could stop it all at our end by merely banning all benefits for those who’ve not paid ten years of taxes in this country. An easy decree to make, and self-financing - yet no politician will face up to such a popularist policy. Perhaps UKIP might like to put it in their coalition agreement - “future government cuts across society will be limited to benefits to foreigners ONLY” - We’d ALL benefit from that I reckon. :bulb:

switchlogic:

Winseer:

Only if you do daft things like park up in Calais, like Ive seen so many do. Its not the wild west. You’re not likely to get attacked in your cab, it may have happened but is certainly not likely. You’ve been listening to too many Euro drivers who like to make out its a dangerous job for brave men! As for deadly force? If you want to get in the back and fight to the death
its up to you, but if I saw any signs if entry I’d just call the police. But then I never had, because Im careful and don’t park up in Calais, or usually even close.

Good to hear the veiw of someone who crosses the channel regular rather than mmtm storys.
whats the veiw of other regular euro drivers?

No need for toby to worry he can meet up with the mayoy for dinner while the gendames give the stowaways a good kicking. Be careful of steak in france it might be horse

Calais is on the west coast. Ive no idea where else on the west coast drivers are likely to be attacked in cabs. Ive never had a problem.

As for detention centres, they site them where the immigrants end up, that’s just logic. If most of your immigrants end up in Calais why on earth would it make sense to site a detention centre on the Luxembourg border? And have to cart them 400km away each time one was apprehended.

As for the benefit system paying out to anyone at the drop of a hat? Well, if that’s what the Sun and the Daily Mail say it must be true then…

kr79:

switchlogic:

Winseer:

Only if you do daft things like park up in Calais, like Ive seen so many do. Its not the wild west. You’re not likely to get attacked in your cab, it may have happened but is certainly not likely. You’ve been listening to too many Euro drivers who like to make out its a dangerous job for brave men! As for deadly force? If you want to get in the back and fight to the death
its up to you, but if I saw any signs if entry I’d just call the police. But then I never had, because Im careful and don’t park up in Calais, or usually even close.

Good to hear the veiw of someone who crosses the channel regular rather than mmtm storys.
whats the veiw of other regular euro drivers?

No need for toby to worry he can meet up with the mayoy for dinner while the gendames give the stowaways a good kicking. Be careful of steak in france it might be horse

I dont know I rarely talk to them. Yes there are plenty of people still trying to cross the channel around, but its easy to avoid being a target. There are now several high security parking areas around Calais yet every night you see trucks parked up outside the port, then they wonder why they get problems.

switchlogic:
Calais is on the west coast.

Who moved Calais? It was on the North coast yesterday, North East France to be exact… La Rochelle is West coast…

Shoot the [zb]

Martin:

switchlogic:

Who moved Calais? It was on the North coast yesterday, North East France to be exact… La Rochelle is West coast…

I do apologise. I simply assumed the likes of Strasbourg, Lyon and Nice were in the east of France. Clearly the fact that Calais is on the same side as La Rochelle means nothing. Bloody French, moving east and west all over the place…

Pat Hasler:
Shoot the [zb].

You would be shooting for a while there’s thousands of them.

switchlogic:

Martin:

switchlogic:

I do apologise. I simply assumed the likes of Strasbourg, Lyon and Nice were in the east of France. Clearly the fact that Calais is on the same side as La Rochelle means nothing. Bloody French, moving east and west all over the place…

How does the position of Nice and Strasbourg make Calais anything other than North Eastern France bearing in mind France’s borders and coastline and the usual meaning of north,south,east and west.

As for illegal immigrants it’s no coincidence that they are heading for Calais not Strasbourg or Nice.That’s because the pro immigration UK government wants as many immigrants here as it can get to oversupply the labour market and pretending that they don’t want them here by fining truck drivers for bringing them is all part of the anti road transport pro immigration policy scam.

The fact is ‘if’ the uk government didn’t want them here it would instantly deport them back home when they are found.But as we all know the government just pretends that it doesn’t want them while at the same time letting them stay and providing them with free health care and social security.Hence the reason why Calais is a refugee camp for economic migrants heading to soft touch Britain.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Martin:

switchlogic:

How does the position of Nice and Strasbourg make Calais anything other than North Eastern France bearing in mind France’s borders and coastline and the usual meaning of north,south,east and west .

Errr, in that Strasbourg is a good 500km further east than Calais. Are you really telling me Calais is in the East of France? North coast yes, but North East? Not even remotely. By those standards Liverpool would be in the North East…

about-france.com/tourism/french- … -coast.htm

Calais is neither in the north-east nor the north-west of France, it is in northern France.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calais

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Martin:

switchlogic:

How does the position of Nice and Strasbourg make Calais anything other than North Eastern France bearing in mind France’s borders and coastline and the usual meaning of north,south,east and west.

As for illegal immigrants it’s no coincidence that they are heading for Calais not Strasbourg or Nice.That’s because the pro immigration UK government wants as many immigrants here as it can get to oversupply the labour market and pretending that they don’t want them here by fining truck drivers for bringing them is all part of the anti road transport pro immigration policy scam.

The fact is ‘if’ the uk government didn’t want them here it would instantly deport them back home when they are found.But as we all know the government just pretends that it doesn’t want them while at the same time letting them stay and providing them with free health care and social security.Hence the reason why Calais is a refugee camp for economic migrants heading to soft touch Britain.[/quote

Please tell me how they can send them back when they have np passports or paperwork to identify where they are from.

Any paperwork they have they destroy so they can’t be sent back.

They burn off their fingerprints to avoid being identified.

Pal I spoke to last wk spotted one running round on tourist side of the eurotunnel, jumped the fence & was trying to get under a coach!

I check, double check & triple check when coming back & get Frenchie customs to check too.

Ref France & issues, tiz no joke one wk alone last month 3 mates 3 dif rigs, one nr monaco, one st tropez, one centre, had issues with nightime marauders,this is not immigrants tho, but rapscallion rouges & nerdowells who try & lure you from cab to back of trailer then nick yr sat nav, passport, wallet etc.

I ratchet strap my doors & have harry the hammer beside me, used to be billy the baseball bat, but after an incident in holland when I brandished it to what I thought were rascals in a services paying far too much attention to my load but in fact turned out to be undercover dutch cops having a nosy & I got guns pulled on me, so billy got retired & now lives in hove with a view of the sea.